Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know of any sites which are informative about soccer strategy, etc.? I enjoy watching soccer casually but I'm not well-versed at all regarding the different formations, substitution methods, team management, etc.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure one of these guys could help you with that, but i'd just recommend watching a little more often, and watching quality teams/players is obviously the best way to learn, as they're the ones that execute best. If you understand the basic concepts, with a little more watching experience you'll be right on the ball.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zonalmarking is the best of the best

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zonal marking is fantastic, but probably a bit too much for him at this stage. Honestly, I would read the wiki entry on soccer formations.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think i've ever read anything about soccer tactics. Just watch high quality games and you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Does anyone know of any sites which are informative about soccer strategy, etc.? I enjoy watching soccer casually but I'm not well-versed at all regarding the different formations, substitution methods, team management, etc.
ZonalMarking.net is a great place to start.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or play Football Manager.. a month of playing that game and I learned more about soccer formations/strategy/positional duties than the rest of my life combined.

ps: I'm Liverpool, in my third season :)

pss: Anyone else play this game? I'm so addicted it's not funny. I installed it on my work computer and play during down times.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Or play Football Manager.. a month of playing that game and I learned more about soccer formations/strategy/positional duties than the rest of my life combined.

pss: Anyone else play this game? I'm so addicted it's not funny. I installed it on my work computer and play during down times.
Good call. Do you have any tips?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

This is a great idea! Not only is it the most addictive game of all time, you will learn a ton about the players and tactics of soccer.

So much fun!

EDIT: Yep, it's unbelievably addictive!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

PSG signing Thiago Silva for 30/40 mill, or whatever it was, is a big statement. Kinda disappointed Man City didn't sign him, though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-14-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Good call. Do you have any tips?
I would start with a pretty good team if you've never played it before. Man City or Barcelona are the two easiest teams to play with in the game. Bayern Munich is also pretty easy, they've got an unreal amount of young talent

Don't play all your best players every game. Use your lesser reputable competitions (such as Carling Cup in England) to play your younger players who need first team action and to keep your players fresh.

Adjust the training schedules so that they are heavy in aerobic/tactics/strength while you are playing your friendlies, then adjust as the season starts.

As far as assigning players to roles, just go through the different player roles, they do a good job of explaining them and telling you which attributes correlate to which role, etc.

PS, it's on sale right now on Steam for $18, normally $30
Old 07-14-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Try to keep you team settled eg. Don't argue with your players, compliment them when they do well etc etc. That's one of the main things IMO.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My English friend played the absolute **** out of that game. I've played a little bit, but couldn't necessarily get all the way into it. I've been considering giving it another try, however.

Any opinion on footballfollower.com?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 07-14-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2016 napoli. seriously once you get past the learning curve, that game kills so much time.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to 2019 QPR before my game got corrupted. :/ Slaughtered the EPL the past few seasons, and got labeled as overachievers every single season.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ve-for-Carroll

lol? toon fans want this?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
I don't see why they would. Looks like no ones going to be taking Ba from them and Carroll won't unseat Cisse for the starting spot, and any minutes that aren't Cisse's up there need to go to Ba.

Anyway, any thoughts on these potential germany national team lineups? I really hate Gomez.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
I would love it as long as he takes reduced wages. He is still incredibly young and talented. With the Europa League, we need all the cover we can get. Add in AFCON (which could steal Papis and Ba for a month), Ba's dodgy knee and the release clause, and the fact that Newcastle are, well, Newcastle and will likely have trouble holding on to Cisse if he has a great year and it's a no brainer. I would love to have Andy back.

Not to mention Cisse and Andy would be a great partnership imo. Carrol's most overlooked trait is his tremendous ability on knockdowns.....instinctive finishers can kill it playing with Andy. Hell, Kevin Nolan tore it up, Cisse would just have a field day.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Carroll fee rumored to be 13M after a year on loan. That would be cracking business for the Toon.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just bought Football Manager and there isn't a CD key in my validation email.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Carroll mess gets even better. Newcastle gets something like 20% of any fee if Liverpool sells him. I'm sure that will be built into the deal, but still hysterical.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you take out Badstuber? Badstuber and Boateng were fine!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Why would you take out Badstuber? Badstuber and Boateng were fine!
Because Badstuber's too god damn slow for us to beat the very best, so if we develop a real fullback (come on Jantschke/Jung/that new kid Bayern bought from Koeln) I'd much rather see Boateng move inside and take Badstuber's place. We'd be a lot less susceptible to counterattacks and between Hummels and Boateng our CBs would still be very strong on the ball, so it's not like we desperately need Badstuber's ability to launch it out of the back.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Badstuber has been a lot better than Boateng last season. A lot better.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Badstuber has been a lot better than Boateng last season. A lot better.
He was more consistent. But Boateng had a really strong run early in the season. Plus both are still young and developing, with Jerome having the superior upside. Our CB pairing is going to need to grow together so I'd rather give Boateng n Hummels that chance.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: