Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I know a ton of people that play this so I went to sign up. Someone already has the username Grizzlegom, I have no idea what to use as my username now...
Grizz... and I will play with you!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets Play Lets Play

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Lets Play Lets Play
Give me 15 minutes and Ill play a game. Just waking up now, making some breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Invite me.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao...I just realized that Grizzlegom is taken because I signed up a long time ago and never played...at least I have my username!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Summoner name: Grizzlegom21
Favorite roles: Not sure yet but if there's tanking, it'll probably be that.
Favorite champs: Just a quick look over the list of champions, Alistar and Volibear jump out at me but can't say for sure until I actually play.
Elo (if you have one): wtf is Elo?

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 07-15-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
BarlowBrad
Rookie

BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BarlowBrad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Summoner name: Grizzlegom21
Favorite roles: Not sure yet but if there's tanking, it'll probably be that.
Favorite champs: Just a quick look over the list of champions, Alistar and Volibear jump out at me but can't say for sure until I actually play.
Elo (if you have one): wtf is Elo?
Elo is basically a ranking of your skill level. You won't have one until you hit level 30 and play ten ranked games.

The favorite tanks right now are: Malphite, Shen, Dr. Mundo, Alistar, Nautilus, Rammus, Skarner and Amumu.

You don't really have to play a popular tank to do well, but these are just some suggestions you could try as you get into the game. Also, most tanks usually play in the Top lane or Jungle.

Alistar is nice cause he's free and a lot of fun when you land a good combo. He's one of those, easy to learn but hard to master champions with a high skill cap.
BarlowBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alistar is bar none one of the best overall characters in the game, and definitely one of the best support/tanks. A great Alistar player will win you the game, for sure. Rammus, Volibear, Nautilus, Shen, Mundo, Malphite, Skarner and Amumu are all great, but Alistar is probably a more effective (And much more difficult) addition to any squad.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was running Alistar with Shurelya's and Randuin's for awhile. Possibly the most ridiculous initiator I've played.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Nautilus looks like a beast

Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Nautilus looks like a beast
Agreed. I played a game as Alistar and was pretty awful and realized that I need to get a bit more experience learning the game before I can play a hybrid character. Bought Ashe with the free Riot points you get for hitting level 3 and I'm gonna roll with her while I learn the game and get enough points for Rammus, Volibear, or Nautilus.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Agreed. I played a game as Alistar and was pretty awful and realized that I need to get a bit more experience learning the game before I can play a hybrid character. Bought Ashe with the free Riot points you get for hitting level 3 and I'm gonna roll with her while I learn the game and get enough points for Rammus, Volibear, or Nautilus.
I'd go Voli first out of those 3.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pantheon is going to be my next Champ... I love Greek and Roman Mythology to not want to get him. Plus he looks like a fun guy to play with.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd go Voli first out of those 3.
Rammus is probably the best one, statistically, and he's also one of the easier ones to learn. Volibear can be amazing, but he can also get phased out pretty hard whereas Rammus can quite literally command a team fight with his taunt/shield combo. Rammus is the anti-AD carry and one of the best initiators in the entire game.

Volibear can be rape, but he has to be built properly. Stack HP/Attack speed so Frenzy gets up immediately and then just layer defensive items. His ult should add enough damage to make him formidable.

Nautilus is just plain nasty. Straight CC, down to his passive. Everything he does impairs an enemy in some way, it's awesome. He's not QUITE as tanky as the other two early, but if he's built AP/ Tanky late game, watch out. Also, one of the best ultimates in the game.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I just plowed a team using Ali. I was pretty much unstoppable. Took 4 on 1 to take me down and that was with their fed carry.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Pantheon is going to be my next Champ... I love Greek and Roman Mythology to not want to get him. Plus he looks like a fun guy to play with.
I bought Pantheon a while back and I have to say, he isn't that great to play as.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just plowed a team using Ali. I was pretty much unstoppable. Took 4 on 1 to take me down and that was with their fed carry.
I am finally starting to understand some of this game vernacular.

Quote:
I bought Pantheon a while back and I have to say, he isn't that great to play as.
Ehh I still might have to...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Pantheon is fun for what he is. He's an early game, solo top striker who happens to be one of the only natural counters for Gangplank (Who may very well be the best overall character in the game). Pantheon has a savage 1-2-3 combo (Aegis, Heartseeker, Spear) and his passive makes it incredibly easy to farm with him.

Pantheon's problem is that he isn't viable in competitive play, so spending a ton of time learning him doesn't really help anyone. He falls off really hard late game and his ult is more for utility then anything else. Still, I find him to be a really fun character to mess around with in Normals, especially because he looks like a badass while owning people as well.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Pantheon is fun for what he is. He's an early game, solo top striker who happens to be one of the only natural counters for Gangplank (Who may very well be the best overall character in the game). Pantheon has a savage 1-2-3 combo (Aegis, Heartseeker, Spear) and his passive makes it incredibly easy to farm with him.

Pantheon's problem is that he isn't viable in competitive play, so spending a ton of time learning him doesn't really help anyone. He falls off really hard late game and his ult is more for utility then anything else. Still, I find him to be a really fun character to mess around with in Normals, especially because he looks like a badass while owning people as well.
Yeah I thought his ult was going to be really awesome, but I find myself spending more time trying to figure out when to use it, rather than actually using it.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah I thought his ult was going to be really awesome, but I find myself spending more time trying to figure out when to use it, rather than actually using it.
The charge up time is really annoying, plus it scales with magic damage, meaning you'll never accrue any major damage on it unless you're trolling with AP Panth (It's fun, I've done it but you'll lose). If I'm playing seriously, the best thing to do is let your team initiate 4v5 and jump behind their tanks straight onto the carries. Panth should be able to decimate an AD/AP carry mid-game in about 3 seconds if he lands his full combo, so you can use it to cut off the other team's damage if you use it correctly. But if that's your goal, just use Olaf and murder them twice as hard and twice as awesome.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hey, not only do I own Pantheon, I have his Full Metal skin. I'm not saying don't buy him, I'm saying don't play him on my ranked team.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hey, not only do I own Pantheon, I have his Full Metal skin. I'm not saying don't buy him, I'm saying don't play him on my ranked team.
Thats the skin I want lol. I should just learn Ali and Vald right now and go from there.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thats the skin I want lol. I should just learn Ali and Vald right now and go from there.
Vlad was the first character I ever bought/learned, and I think it was a mistake. He's one of the highest skill-cap characters in the game, because if his Tides of Blood isn't stacked before a team fight, he does virtually no damage. Also, the whole spending health to use spells takes a while to get a grip on, because you have to judge when you need health and when you need abilities. Also, you can actually kill yourself using Tides of Blood if you aren't careful, since the HP cost increases per stack.

Vlad's also kind of a rough character to start on because his influence on a team isn't directly measurable by stats. He's the kind of AP Carry who doesn't really...carry, if that makes sense. He's not an assassin like Ahri or Fizz, and he doesn't lay down mad AP AoE like Malzahar or Ryze, he's more of a game manager type who navigates team fights and lays down some damage and controls the flow of a battle more then anything. Watch pro Vlad's play, you'll see what I mean.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Okay can you clarify "AP"?