Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naughty Dog > Everyone else

Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injustice looks great but I won't get it though.
I just can't get into fighting games like I used to.
I'll play them enough to beat the tournament then I'm done.
Not worth the cash.

As for Last of Us

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmmmm.... yes yes yes yes yes yes

"Suck it, Wolverine"

Old 07-15-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Naughty Dog > Everyone else

That looked amazing
Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my concerns about that game. Most of the demos so far have been so scripted, I don't see how they could turn it into actual gameplay.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good games for $30 or under, go! I will say the multiplayer aspect of most games will do nothing for me, so don't make any suggestions based on that.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I have my concerns about that game. Most of the demos so far have been so scripted, I don't see how they could turn it into actual gameplay.
They showed gameplay during the sony e3 press conf. so that should give you a good taste of gameplay.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
They showed gameplay during the sony e3 press conf. so that should give you a good taste of gameplay.
I know exactly what you are referring to and that is what I'm talking about. The way those events took place was incredibly scripted and I have concerns about how that would be extrapolated out into a larger game. Some of the stuff that happened was so focused and so specific, that I don't see how it would work.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's Naughty Dog, The Last of Us is going to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Good games for $30 or under, go! I will say the multiplayer aspect of most games will do nothing for me, so don't make any suggestions based on that.
I have had my PS3 for less than a year so my suggestions are of older games.

In no order. Prices from Amazon and they seem to go up or down a few dollars so price might me differnt when you look.

Mass Effect 2 $18

Batman Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year edition) $17

Little Big Planet (Game of the Year edition) $6

Bioshock $12

inFAMOUS $24

Borderlands $20

Resident Evil 5 $15

Red Dead Redemption $20

Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack $40 (I know you said $30 and under but I highly recommend.)

Heavy Rain: Director's Cut $20

Enslaved Odyssey to The West $13
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I never implied it wouldn't be a good game. I just think it might be promising more than it can deliver.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...2-announcement

Rockstar hints at Red Dead Redemption 2
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nevermind.....

Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's Naughty Dog, The Last of Us is going to own.

I have had my PS3 for less than a year so my suggestions are of older games.

In no order. Prices from Amazon and they seem to go up or down a few dollars so price might me differnt when you look.

Mass Effect 2 $18

Batman Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year edition) $17

Little Big Planet (Game of the Year edition) $6

Bioshock $12

inFAMOUS $24

Borderlands $20

Resident Evil 5 $15

Red Dead Redemption $20

Uncharted 1 and 2 combo pack $40 (I know you said $30 and under but I highly recommend.)

Heavy Rain: Director's Cut $20

Enslaved Odyssey to The West $13
Mass Effect 2, what would be the consequences of playing it without having played Mass Effect 1?

Also, how do Heavy Rain, Bioshock and Mass Effect play? Are they linear, mission to mission, or is there an element of freeplay? I like games like Skyrim and Red Dead where there's a whole world to do stuff in outside of the main storyline.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 07-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Here is my quote from a few pages back about Heavy Rain.

Quote:
Heavy Rain is very diffrent then anything u have ever played so I'm gonna do my best to describe it. Its not an action game where you kill a bunch of people and they are no checkpoints are do overs. So lets say someone dies the story will adept and change based on that. They are a total of 5 diffrent endings that you will get and which one you get will depend on the choices you make.

The basic controll is very simple like you will move the trigger button or press x/o at the time you are suppose to. If you do your own research of the game be very very careful to avoid any spoilers
Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Here is my quote from a few pages back about Heavy Rain.
I played the demo, the fight was cool, but I don't think the game is for me, at least not right now. Looks like a gorgeous game that could really get good, but looking for something I can play at anytime and do random **** in. Like random dungeon raiding in Skyrim, shooting people in Red Dead, hell I even enjoyed just driving around in LA Noire.

I may put a little extra cash forward and pick up Saints Row III.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Mass Effect 2, what would be the consequences of playing it without having played Mass Effect 1?

Also, how do Heavy Rain, Bioshock and Mass Effect play? Are they linear, mission to mission, or is there an element of freeplay? I like games like Skyrim and Red Dead where there's a whole world to do stuff in outside of the main storyline.
I highly recommend Mass effect 2, it's probably my favorite PS3 game I own.

It should come with a comic that you watch explaining what happened in Mass Effect 1. I'm not sure if it's all ready on the disk or if it will come with a download code since I got the whole game off PSN.

It does a really good job feeling in the blanks and you even get to make some choices that will carry over to your ME2 play through.

There is an element of freeplay with ME, but not on the same level as RDR.

As for Bioshock I don't actually own it, but keep hearing good things and you can get it cheap.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Looking for something I can play at anytime and do random **** in. Like random dungeon raiding in Skyrim, shooting people in Red Dead, hell I even enjoyed just driving around in LA Noire.
If that's the case I would recommend Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. You can probably knock out the main story in about 25-30 hours, but there is a TON of side missions.

It has got mixed reviews and seems people either loved it or hated it, but I for one loved it. There was a demo up on PSN, but I'm not sure if it still is.

The story isn't the greatest in the world and they went with more of a cartoon look than a realistic one, but the combat is a blast and is what kept bringing me back for more.

Edit:Forgot you said under $30 I think it's around $40.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I played the demo, the fight was cool, but I don't think the game is for me, at least not right now. Looks like a gorgeous game that could really get good, but looking for something I can play at anytime and do random **** in. Like random dungeon raiding in Skyrim, shooting people in Red Dead, hell I even enjoyed just driving around in LA Noire.

I may put a little extra cash forward and pick up Saints Row III.
Sounds like saints row 3 is a game u would love it's very over the top and Crazy. For example beating up people with a purple bat shaped like a male body part.

Even if u don't play mass effect 1 I'd still play the series u will be a little lost but nothing major and u will pick up on everything as time goes on. The comic doesn't come with used copy's
Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sounds like saints row 3 is a game u would love it's very over the top and Crazy.

Even if u don't play mass effect 1 I'd still play the series u will be a little lost but nothing major and u will pick up on everything as time goes on. The comic doesn't come with used copy's
I played the second one, I loved it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I played the second one, I loved it.
I have the 2nd one and liked the concept but didn't finish it. I just bought the 3rd one and while I havent played it I've watched friends play it for several hours and I can tell its much improved and on another level.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

On Walking Dead EP2.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
On Walking Dead EP2.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
On Walking Dead EP2.

I think I have what it takes to survive when the zombies come.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss online poo
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote