Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Bigfoot stuff. Well, the reactions of everyone regarding the bigfoot stuff. "Yea get the hell away from me." was awesome.

But really, it doesnt make him dumb at all. There are plenty of super smart people who believe in weird stuff and try to get others to see what they see. I had a friend just like him in high school. Really book smart, crazy high IQ type person who also happened to be the biggest goofball dumbass that I knew. I could totally see him getting stuck on the idea that Bigfoot was real and pushing the idea at me.

Stop trying to say that things dont make sense for characters when its 4 episodes in. We dont know these people AT ALL yet. If it was 3 seasons of one thing, then he randomly has this weird turn in season 4, then sure, but youre going to see sides of characters as the show goes on that isnt readily apparent in their first few scenes. Thats how most things work.

Last edited by comahan : 07-17-2012 at 12:10 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I thought the Bigfoot stuff was dumb, admittedly. Weak attempt at comic relief.
Yeah I felt the same way about it. Tried so hard to be funny but just wasn't.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newsroom being hindsighty is still annoying. I think some of the acting is damn good, but Christ do I hate the love triangles and the hindsight crap.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I loved the Bigfoot stuff. Well, the reactions of everyone regarding the bigfoot stuff. "Yea get the hell away from me." was awesome.

But really, it doesnt make him dumb at all. There are plenty of super smart people who believe in weird stuff and try to get others to see what they see.
He works for a news show. Facts are pretty much the #1 priority. Facts don't suggest Bigfoo exists.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the hindsight stuff in the first episode was pretty ridiculous (oh my sister and college roommate gave me all this info!) but I didn't hate it. I thought they did better with the hindsight stuff since then so I'm ok with it for the most part.

And with the way they're progressing through time, the next season might be in present times. Who knows!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does bug me that the only thing that suggests his character is a republican is how often he has to remind his own boss that he's a registered republican.

As for the Indian kid the only part I didn't like was how much they stuck him in there saying big foot. I like that that's a story he'd put together a presentation about, but disliked how much Sorkin had to remind people of it. Although this is just more of an extension of the Sorkin needs to stop beating his audience over the head n trust them to either understand what they're seeing or pay attention. Cause the constant reminders of what you're supposed to be thinking during the show just make it harder to care about the characters, which make the sad love triangles all the more hollow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That is a very good suggestion. It isn't like the first season of Parks is awful, it just pales in comparison to the rest of the series.
I love Parks n Rec, but I couldn't make it through the first season until after I had seen the other seasons. That's why I only started watching the show this year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-17-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ding Ding Ding
NO! U mean....

Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to see what happens when they catch up with real time, if they do. I assume they'll just regurgitate events from years past with new names/titles etc.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post

As for the Indian kid the only part I didn't like was how much they stuck him in there saying big foot. I like that that's a story he'd put together a presentation about, but disliked how much Sorkin had to remind people of it.
Yea my only problem with it was that I think they overdid it.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the hindsight stuff in the first episode was pretty ridiculous (oh my sister and college roommate gave me all this info!) but I didn't hate it. I thought they did better with the hindsight stuff since then so I'm ok with it for the most part.

And with the way they're progressing through time, the next season might be in present times. Who knows!
Or maybe the show will always stay slightly ahead of the stories they try to re-cover.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Or maybe the show will always stay slightly ahead of the stories they try to re-cover.
I fully expect this. Fictionalized stories would be A LOT better, but they won't do it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I guess im the only one who REALLY doesnt care about them covering real stories. It makes no difference to me at all which stories they cover, if theyre real or fake, etc. I just want to see how the characters react to them and how the news story is molded into an episode.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
He works for a news show. Facts are pretty much the #1 priority. Facts don't suggest Bigfoo exists.
Facts don't prove Bigfoot exists, but his presentation was going to the wholly legitimate point that there are facts that suggest that big foot being real is possible. Like the Giant Squid and Kraken of the Arctic Ocean before we had gotten any proof.

That's not the biggest problem, the problem was how tactlessly forced it was.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Parks n Rec, but I couldn't make it through the first season until after I had seen the other seasons. That's why I only started watching the show this year.
Season one is easily my least favorite, but I guess I just didn't find it as God awful as everyone else seemed to.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Facts don't prove Bigfoot exists, but his presentation was going to the wholly legitimate point that there are facts that suggest that big foot being real is possible. Like the Giant Squid and Kraken of the Arctic Ocean before we had gotten any proof.

That's not the biggest problem, the problem was how tactlessly forced it was.
Obviously it was forced. No argument there. I just don't think it is consistent with his character. Agree to disagree.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I guess im the only one who REALLY doesnt care about them covering real stories. It makes no difference to me at all which stories they cover, if theyre real or fake, etc. I just want to see how the characters react to them and how the news story is molded into an episode.
It plays into the preachiness and utter lack of Subtlety so far on the show. It's like not only am I going to spell out everything I want you to get from this show and repeat it until you're sick of hearing it...but I'm going to highlight it by manipulating real stories to hammer it home.

And you're talking to someone who loves a lot of movies and shows that have the subtlety of a brick to the dome, but this show just goes to far with it and doesn't handle the lack of subtlety well.

Plus a lot of hte humor is very weak and forced. Like Big Foot and the drink throwing this week or the email "oopsie"

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Obviously it was forced. No argument there. I just don't think it is consistent with his character. Agree to disagree.
I think it does. Either they're going to treat him like a super nerd or a genius, either way believing that Big Foot could be out there totally fits.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Ugh, you cant say that something isnt consistent with a character when youre 4 episodes in and he's barely had any screen time.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think it does. Either they're going to treat him like a super nerd or a genius, either way believing that Big Foot could be out there totally fits.
Next week he'll tell us Nessie is real! Then the Yeti! Or the Bunyip!

I've been rewatching Arrested Development lately. So amazing.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The show gets so much better after the first season too. Keep with it, you won't be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I try to get all my friends to watch it, but it's so difficult to get them through the 1st season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Get new friends.
They way I got into the show and got a couple friends into it was to watch a couple of the best episodes first and then go back and start from the beginning.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

AD's a show I never got into. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
They way I got into the show and got a couple friends into it was to watch a couple of the best episodes first and then go back and start from the beginning.
Or just start with season 2.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Or just start at season 2. It doesnt have any sort of overarching plot from season 1 to 2, you can completely ignore season 1 and be fine.

Last edited by comahan : 07-17-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh, you cant say that something isnt consistent with a character when youre 4 episodes in and he's barely had any screen time.
Tess is such a ***** though :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Tess is such a ***** though :)
Completely true

Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Sure you can.