Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley as the leader is a good start. Probably a top 10-12 OLB in the game. Kiwi is still getting better at the position and has started to play the run real well. After that it's a lot of upside and potential with guys who have flashed. I expect them to keep improving.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That has me thinking:

I wonder how many of our current starters will still be on the roster 3 years from now.

LE: Tuck
NT:
UT: Austin?
RE: JPP

WILL: Williams
MIKE: ?
SAM: ?

FS: Kenny?
SS: ?

CB: Thomas
CB: Prince
CB: Hosley

I think we lose Kiwi, Osi, we may lose Joseph, probably lose Rolle, Boley, definitely lose Chase, and probably lose Webster. We're deep at CB so we won't miss a beat there, I'm hoping we keep Kenny which will make our Safety situation look a lot better, and we'll have to replenish our dline again bc Kiwi and Osi are both gone in 2 years.

Offensively, as long as we keep Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, I could care less who else we lose. The whole OL needs to be redone anyway, our TE situation is what it is, RBs are dime a dozen, so that's whatever.
3 years from now I expect JPP, Tuck, Joseph, Williams, Herzlich, Prince, Thomas, Hosley, and Kenny will still be on the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You sound like you have high hopes for Herzlich.

I'm not even sure if Herzlich makes the team this year.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Word is he looks very good so far athletically. I thought he played specials well last year and he's only going to get better and better the further he's removed from the cancer. I bet by the 2ns half of the year he's our starting MLB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy I sure hope so. Herz before the cancer was a beast. I'm just fearful of that rod in his leg. How athletic can you be with a metal rod in your leg?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't know what we do with Rivers. He's on a 1 year contract and wants to get paid.

So let's assume he does in fact have a bounceback season. Then what? How do we even afford to re-sign him?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think it's that big a deal. Look at these sprinters now who have rods for legs and are still fast as all can be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I don't know what we do with Rivers. He's on a 1 year contract and wants to get paid.

So let's assume he does in fact have a bounceback season. Then what? How do we even afford to re-sign him?
Who said he wants to get paid? Let him play out his year and then we'll worry about it. For what we gave up it was a steal if he performs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I know that, I'm not concerned about this year. I'm saying IF he tears it up this year and wants to get paid after this year, I don't see how we can extend him and keep him.

He just seems like a 1 year rental to me, from a long term perspective.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I know that, I'm not concerned about this year. I'm saying IF he tears it up this year and wants to get paid after this year, I don't see how we can extend him and keep him.

He just seems like a 1 year rental to me, from a long term perspective.
It's very possible but how big of a deal could he realistically want coming off only 1 good year? His 2nd contract will be less than his 1st whether it's with us or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if he tears it up, let someone else give him that big contract, we only benefit from getting a comp pick, same for Bennett. Those two guys have their dirty laundry, so if they do well for us good but I don't see either really being longterm with their past careers.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce
Such an underrated contributor.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Such an underrated contributor.
agreed, but not by us. We love him and the role he provides. His on the field play wasn't so great last year, had an obvious decline, but his leadership and knowledge is HUGE
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm glad we're bringing Grant back. Can't hurt. Now the question its, which safety doesn't make the cut? Horton or Sash?
Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i'd assume Horton. Sash has a year with us and did ok on specials. Horton's coming off injury IIRC and only had like half of a TREMENDOUS season for washington then just kinda fell off
Quote:
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Grant said it but I don't think we re-sign him unless someone gets hurt. I don't see how we're going to play a lot of that 3rd S look this year making his sign unnecessary.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 07-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Our team is so deep, I expect us to lose alot of guys off the 53 that we don't want to lose.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

QB: Eli, Carr (2)

RB Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott (4)

FB: Hynoski (1)

WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden, JJ, Hixon (6)

TE: Pascoe, Robinson, Bennett (3)

OT: Diehl, Beatty, Brewer (3)

OG: Snee, Boothe, Petrus (3)

OC: Baas (1)

DE: Tuck, JPP, Osi, Trattou (4)

DT: Canty, Linval, Austin, Bernard (4)

LB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Chase, Herz, Kiwi (6)

CB: Prince, Webster, TT, Hosley, Bing (?) (one of our 3rd tier CB's, whoever beats it out) (5)

S: Rolle, KP, Grant, Sash (4)

K: Tynes (1)

P: Steve (1)

LS: DeOssie (1)

That's 49 right there. I think we keep 6 CB's to make it 50, another OL or LB as well. And I did this VERY quickly, so I know I'm forgetting guys
Quote:
Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Our team is so deep, I expect us to lose alot of guys off the 53 that we don't want to lose.
Absolutely. We're going to lose 2 or 3 guys that get picked up by other teams and do pretty well. I'm convinced of that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm really excited about Rueben Randle. I really hope he can pick up the system quickly.

The more I see of him, the more excited I get.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm just pumped to see everyone in the first preseason game. Randle and Wilson included.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just pray for no injuries. Please. No injuries please.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Adrien Robinson made any noise for you guys yet, or hard to tell without pads? Is it kind of a foregone conclusion that he's going to be the starter next year or will that depend on how he develops/plays? He was certainly interesting to me coming out, and looks like a guy that if brought along slowly you could have something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I just pray for no injuries. Please. No injuries please.
We should all get together and make some kind of peace offering this year to appease the gods.

sig by BoneKrusher