Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
As in someone get annoyed with the song and either come in themselves or get the police to do so? Hopefully this doesn't get taken the wrong way, but that's pretty smart, techno gets old, real old, real quick.

I don't think for one minute this was the result of drugs. Clearly this guy has been planning this. There is some small chance that he took some sort of drug to assist him in the carrying out the attack, but I seriously doubt that happened either. This guy is simply insane, literally or otherwise.
Exactly. But apparently the music shut off before the landlord or someone went to check it out.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well planning everything is still different than going through with it. Maybe he did whatever went through with the plan and then realized his actions. Just throwing something out here I could be incredibly wrong which I probably am.
I know what you're saying. It's hard for us to figure out what he was thinking at any point, because none of us would ever do something like this.

My guess is that he wasn't on drugs or schizophrenic; but "sane" people obviously wouldn't do this.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
guys, guys, i know. let's blame music and video games!
We're going to be prepared for the aliens when they come NJX.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guys, guys, i know. let's blame music and video games!
I bet he played DOOM when he was a kid.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It reported that he was on 100mg of vicodin at the time so maybe he was spaced out from the drugs and the killing by the time the police got him. I'm not saying the drugs had any effect on him planning and executing this **** but it may explain why he told them about the traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Exactly. But apparently the music shut off before the landlord or someone went to check it out.
They're talking about this on the news right now. Apparently, the place is rigged to blow sky-high and if somebody had opened the door it would have taken down the building, "or possibly several buildings."

Holy ****, this could have been much worse than it already is.

Last edited by WCH : 07-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my Facebook friends (thankfully, I haven't talked to this idiot since 2004 in high school) just posted this on his facebook.

Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises... A theater in Aurora, CO falls.
I thought about commenting about how distasteful that was, but getting in facebook arguments with idiotic assholes never ends up well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is one of the major reasons that I only log on Facebook about twice a year. If I didn't like you enough to keep in touch with you over the years I sure as hell don't want to see your useless drivel on some website.

Also that guy is a prime candidate for de-friending if I've ever seen one.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, that's not even clever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if this bastard does turn out to be crazy, dispose of him either way. When animals go on murderous rampages we put them down, this guy is no different.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I don't think this shitbag realized this, but this isn't a comic book and he isn't going to Arkham. He's going to big-boy prison, and he'll probably be on death row.

Last edited by WCH : 07-21-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Loud music on a timer to lure a noise complaint.
Quote:
The living room of the apartment was crisscrossed with trip wires connected to a number of plastic bottles containing an undetermined fluid
Holy ****. This guy was nuts. What causes a man to go crazy like that?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lack of social acceptance and bad parenting would be my guess. That's what was up with the VTech shooter.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the lawyer for the family of the shooter is giving a press conference right now. First, she sounds like a freaking idiot. And she is cracking jokes and laughing a crap she says. She is just awful.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-23-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What's she saying? I saw pictures of Holmes as he was being arraigned earlier.
Somebody asked a question that apparently she wasn't able to answer it (I couldn't hear it) so instead of remaining serious and saying she wasn't sure, she says "Objection! Vague" and then started laughing. There were a couple other instances similar to this but I don't remember exact thigns she said. It was just a strange, disrespectful press conference.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that's not surprising. She probably is an idiot and is only there because that's how far down the list they had to go to find someone to represent this asshole.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I'm currently working as a security guard and having one or two on site wouldn't have done anything to stop this. They wouldn't have been armed at a site like that. Guy probably would have just shot them first.
This is what i pretty much told my daughter. She tried to argue that if someone was there with a handgun they would have been able to stop this guy. Most likely not and more people might have been killed. Handguns aren't that accurate against an arsenal like this guy had.

Forget fake cops, these guys just run the other way when anything hostile begins. Nothing personal against you my friend.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Police have found and contacted a second person of interest in the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/second-person-...142934285.html

Also heard on CNN that a witness who was close to the front of the theater had observed someone sitting near the exit check their phone and leave the theater shortly before the attack. Could easily be sheer coincidence, but interesting nonetheless

Last edited by djp : 07-23-2012 at 06:39 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so obvious he's trying to get insanity. They should give him the death penalty and do it like the movie, he wants to live in a batman world, fine.....have him walk across thin ice and watch him fall through to his death. and if he someone makes it just have someone dressed up as batman shoot him in the face.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they wanna waste their time and money building an insanity defense, they can go ahead. This case should be a layup for prosecutors, he had been plotting this for months.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Forget fake cops, these guys just run the other way when anything hostile begins. Nothing personal against you my friend.
Unfortunately this seems to be true. I've seen fights break out in public places and the "security guards" are actually apart of the onlookers when they're supposed to be trying to keep the peace.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

His only legitimate option is to take a plea deal where he spends life in prison but avoids the death penalty.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
that's presuming a plea deal is offered.
It should be offered on the condition that he can't appeal. It would save the state hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Do they televise court cases in Colorado?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...m-with-weapon/

My family and I were at this theater and showing saturday night, and I'm scared shitless now. Pretty ******* scary to think about, and i can't even imagine how scary it must have been in Colorado. Like the movie theater is now a terrifying place for me to think about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote