Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Law & Order ep is my favorite. So perfect.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
The Law & Order ep is my favorite. So perfect.
It really was. The pillow wars was great too. Troys all tomato.. I lost it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was just about to post the Law and Order and Ken Burns episodes were pitch perfect in writing and execution. God I wish I had Hulu so I could watch those. GOD DAMN YOU NETFLIX, STOP SUCKING SO BAD.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community is better than Parks and Rec. Just saying.

Although both are awesome.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some other underrated favourites of mine:

- The one where Jack Black tries to join the group.
- When Abed tries to impress a girl starts doing that weird dinosaur walk. And then starts doing a Don Draper impression to Annie.
- The one where they play dungeons & dragons.
- When Chang is homeless and is asleep in the trash shoot thing.
- When Chang takes the wrong kids home from school.

The only episode I don't particularly like was the Christmas animation one.

Is it being renewed for a 4th season?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

- When Abed tries to impress a girl starts doing that weird dinosaur walk. And then starts doing a Don Draper impression to Annie.

Maybe I am forgetting him actually living in such a place, but I'm pretty sure you are referring to the air duct system.

And yes it was renewed, but it will be different. Dan Harmon was fired for being a general dick and the fact that the higherups thought the show wasn't mainstream-friendly enough. The new crew is supposed to push it in that direction. So we'll see how it manages. If they ruin it, I probably will murder them.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

I disagree, but that's ok. I have no problem with you being wrong. :D

Last edited by vidae : 07-23-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe I am forgetting him actually living in such a place, but I'm pretty sure you are referring to the air duct system.

And yes it was renewed, but it will be different. Dan Harmon was fired for being a general dick and the fact that the higherups thought the show wasn't mainstream-friendly enough. The new crew is supposed to push it in that direction. So we'll see how it manages. If they ruin it, I probably will murder them.
It's when Chang comes over to watch the Soccer game, then asks if he can stay at Jeff's. Jeff says no, but when he takes out the trash and puts it in the shoot thingy, it hits Chang. So then Jeff carries him upstairs and puts him on the couch.

That was a great moment.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

She makes the cutest god damn faces.

And yeah, it was renewed, but Dan Harmon (the creator and lead writer) was fired.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's when Chang comes over to watch the Soccer game, then asks if he can stay at Jeff's. Jeff says no, but when he takes out the trash and puts it in the shoot thingy, it hits Chang. So then Jeff carries him upstairs and puts him on the couch.

That was a great moment.
Oh yeah I have apparently forgotten that scene. Apparently I don't remember that episode as well as I thought.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Community is the 2nd best show of all time.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Community is the 2nd best show of all time.
What is the first?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is the first?
Alf.

10 char

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah I was just about to post the Law and Order and Ken Burns episodes were pitch perfect in writing and execution. God I wish I had Hulu so I could watch those. GOD DAMN YOU NETFLIX, STOP SUCKING SO BAD.
About time you admit this. I was growing tired of your Netflix support! Haha, I liked Netflix when I had it but once I watched pretty much everything I wanted to it didn't become worth it to me.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Netflix WAS good when it did DVD's too. Now hulu is just a much superior product.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Hulu Plus is pretty balling. When my new roommate moved in, he already had it. We quickly made a deal to exchange my Netflix info for his Hulu Plus info. Its awesome.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember the last time I laughed so consistently through an entire episode than the IT crowd. S02E01 is phenomenol.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Without the forced "humor" and love triangles the series would be pretty solid. Although I like the IT kid, him busting his hand was also terribly forced, like the rest of the show there's no subtlety, the writers do everything they can but have a character screaming directly at their audience that "These are newsmen, like the kid in Egypt who almost got killed, Jeff Daniels' guys put it all on the line!"

What's annoying about it is just how utterly unnecessary it is. The one guy going out onto the street and getting his ass kicked, made sense, is a juicy story line, and was already enough to draw the parallel to give the audience a character that will personify their concern for the Egyptian kid. They didn't need anyone else hurting themselves for any reason other than that crappy speech. A speech where Sorkin's again going after low hanging fruit by crapping on Tabloids, because no one has ever had the gall to acknowledge what worthless crap tabloids are.

The lack of subtlety just absolutely undermines the whole point of the show IMO. Sorkin is treating his audience as though they're just as incapable of thinking for themselves as the cable news networks he's trying to rail against. It's a reasonable cause, cable news dumbs things down instead of showing people the facts and letting them process the information for themselves, but you don't make that point by dumbing things down and constantly reminding your audience of the conclusions they're supposed to be coming to. The show kind gets a Fox News-y feel to it, even if the conclusions he's trying to drill into your head are different ones.
I agree with a lot of this.

Also, the Rudy bit at the end was ******* terrible.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I can't remember the last time I laughed so consistently through an entire episode than the IT crowd. S02E01 is phenomenol.
I've watched them all many, many times.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Newsroom is just bad. I agree with nearly every political view that is shared on the show but good god, it's just an awful show. I feel like I'm being preached at by an HBO show. It's all so heavy-handed and overt, it's awful. And it's not just the clearly politicized agenda that Sorkin is forcing on everyone… The comic "relief" is really, really bad. Bigfoot and Rudy? C'mon. Or all the forced drama, like having three members of the staff and another reporter all go missing/get hurt because they're just overflowing with passion for their job? Haha, yeah… Or that stupid ass Rudy line. These things would never happen in real life.

The love triangles are dumb. That blonde girl isn't even cute, she's got a gremlin face. Jim Harper should wise the **** up and just stick with the friend.

And the entire premise of the show is stupid and unrealistic, how are you going to throw every other news organization under the bus when you're covering events two years after the fact when all the details have come out? This whole "we knew everything all along", hop aboard the hindsight train, is totally fallacious and ridiculous. It's completely out of touch with reality and it really takes away from the show because it's supposed to be a show that captures what it's like running a news organization.

And another thing, the character continuity from show to show is awful. One week Will is a playboy with all sorts of dates and then the next he doesn't know how to approach a woman. One week Jim is a super caring and thoughtful guy and the next he's just hooking up with the friend and forgetting valentine's day. Or that Arab kid, one week he's blabbering on about Big Foot and then the next he's punching computer screens because he can't locate his foreign contact in Egypt.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Community AT ITS BEST is better than Parks and Rec. But Parks is way more consistent.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
The Newsroom is just bad. I agree with nearly every political view that is shared on the show but good god, it's just an awful show. I feel like I'm being preached at by an HBO show. It's all so heavy-handed and overt, it's awful. And it's not just the clearly politicized agenda that Sorkin is forcing on everyone… The comic "relief" is really, really bad. Bigfoot and Rudy? C'mon. Or all the forced drama, like having three members of the staff and another reporter all go missing/get hurt because they're just overflowing with passion for their job? Haha, yeah… Or that stupid ass Rudy line. These things would never happen in real life.

The love triangles are dumb. That blonde girl isn't even cute, she's got a gremlin face. Jim Harper should wise the **** up and just stick with the friend.

And the entire premise of the show is stupid and unrealistic, how are you going to throw every other news organization under the bus when you're covering events two years after the fact when all the details have come out? This whole "we knew everything all along", hop aboard the hindsight train, is totally fallacious and ridiculous. It's completely out of touch with reality and it really takes away from the show because it's supposed to be a show that captures what it's like running a news organization.

And another thing, the character continuity from show to show is awful. One week Will is a playboy with all sorts of dates and then the next he doesn't know how to approach a woman. One week Jim is a super caring and thoughtful guy and the next he's just hooking up with the friend and forgetting valentine's day. Or that Arab kid, one week he's blabbering on about Big Foot and then the next he's punching computer screens because he can't locate his foreign contact in Egypt.
I think your points are valid. I'm not as critical as you though.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Damn Bixby, it's like The Newsroom ran over your dog.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good start to Alphas.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote