Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm experimenting with a pretty intense intermittent fasting eating program. I barely have time to eat at work anyway, so I said **** it. I have read a bunch of studies regarding the benefits of intermittent fasting and the science behind it seems legit. Basically I fast 20 hours and then am allowed to eat all of the clean food I can for 4 hours a day.....I'm taking Friday and Saturday off with Sunday being a full fast.

Basically:

Sunday - No Food
Monday-Thursday - Eating window of 8 PM-12 AM
Friday - Fast until 5 then cheat for the rest of the night
Saturday - All day cheat

I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I kinda lifted today. I say kinda because the heaviest dumbbell at my gym is 50 lbs.....I did high rep bench and OHP. I was weak.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems crazy man. I'd just go with Leangains.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Seems crazy man. I'd just go with Leangains.
Read some stuff about a 4 hour fast being ideal and it works best with my schedule anyway. I fully anticipate bailing within like 2 weeks, but whatever.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Read some stuff about a 4 hour fast being ideal and it works best with my schedule anyway. I fully anticipate bailing within like 2 weeks, but whatever.
Interesting. I'm going to give Leangains a shot in a few weeks when my scheduled gets ****** to all hell. Also, count me in as a Smolov/Smolov Jr fan. Finished SJR for bench Saturday..I'm not testing my 1RMs because I really don't care, but I'm benching heavy weight so much more smoothly now, feels awesome. Running the base cycle for Smolov Sqat now.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Interesting. I'm going to give Leangains a shot in a few weeks when my scheduled gets ****** to all hell. Also, count me in as a Smolov/Smolov Jr fan. Finished SJR for bench Saturday..I'm not testing my 1RMs because I really don't care, but I'm benching heavy weight so much more smoothly now, feels awesome. Running the base cycle for Smolov Sqat now.
Smolov is amazing. The squat program is hell though haha.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Smolov is amazing. The squat program is hell though haha.
I can't wait. Day 1 was pretty easy, but I know from experience with the bench that I'm about to get my ass kicked soon. What's going to be mind blowing for me is when I go from lifting 6x a week on a bulk to lifting 3x a week, doing IF, cutting.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I can't wait. Day 1 was pretty easy, but I know from experience with the bench that I'm about to get my ass kicked soon. What's going to be mind blowing for me is when I go from lifting 6x a week on a bulk to lifting 3x a week, doing IF, cutting.
I've heard IF blows horribly at the beginning and then it's fine. Cutting back from 6 to 3 is going to be pretty crazy/annoying though.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I've heard IF blows horribly at the beginning and then it's fine. Cutting back from 6 to 3 is going to be pretty crazy/annoying though.

I've heard the same. Once your body gets into the cycle (especially if you have things like work to fill up the dead time), probably shouldn't be too bad. But yeah, talk about reduced volume. I probably could squeak in a 4th day of lifting, but since I'm going to try and shed a few before bulking back up in the winter, I'll just keep the extra cardio. Besides, with 3 days a week, I'll be able to hit full body M/W/F. I've seen a few Wendler templates that looked good.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I am going to try and get to the gym three day a week, but I have no idea how to do legs with no squat rack and just 50 lb dumbbells.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Just became an upper body bro!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I may buy myself an adjustable bench and the adjustable dumbbells that go up to 100 so I can get some heavy lifting in at least. I wont feel quite as bad being an upper body bro if I'm at least lifting heavy.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LUNGES? Single leg squat, just need dumbells and a bench. Stand up on one leg from sitting position. Dumbell clean? RDL?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, I'm experimenting with a pretty intense intermittent fasting eating program. I barely have time to eat at work anyway, so I said **** it. I have read a bunch of studies regarding the benefits of intermittent fasting and the science behind it seems legit. Basically I fast 20 hours and then am allowed to eat all of the clean food I can for 4 hours a day.....I'm taking Friday and Saturday off with Sunday being a full fast.

Basically:

Sunday - No Food
Monday-Thursday - Eating window of 8 PM-12 AM
Friday - Fast until 5 then cheat for the rest of the night
Saturday - All day cheat

I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I kinda lifted today. I say kinda because the heaviest dumbbell at my gym is 50 lbs.....I did high rep bench and OHP. I was weak.
You might as well just practice Islam, they're fasting for the next 30 days.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tomorrow I'm starting a diet. I don't know why. I eat pretty healthy and i'm lean as it is.

So this week I'm cutting red meat. Next week I'm going pescatarianism. Then vegetarian for a week and then vegan for a week. Then after its all over I'm going to cook myself a bacon-steak.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering what religions do they go by there in Georgia and Bosnia.

Same like Turkey dominated my Islamic religion?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
So tomorrow I'm starting a diet. I don't know why. I eat pretty healthy and i'm lean as it is.

So this week I'm cutting red meat. Next week I'm going pescatarianism. Then vegetarian for a week and then vegan for a week. Then after its all over I'm going to cook myself a bacon-steak.
Sweet Jesus, why?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
LUNGES? Single leg squat, just need dumbells and a bench. Stand up on one leg from sitting position. Dumbell clean? RDL?
Yeah, I need the heavier dumbbells though.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I need the heavier dumbbells though.
You can still do step up, TKE, and Bulgarian split squats.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Dumbell Comlex?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

IF not going bad at all. I'm hungry during the day, but nothing too terrible. Coffee staves off hunger pangs quite nicely.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going for size now.
Setting dumb goals like "I want to be Bane for Halloween" for some reason helps me be more disciplined in my diet and routine.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Bane is my down the rode target, when I activate bear mode (disregard being "cut", just get strong/big as hell).
Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bane is my down the rode target, when I activate bear mode (disregard being "cut", just get strong/big as hell).
brah you mirin his guns? ya you mirin

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
brah you mirin his guns? ya you mirin
Of course he is. He'll be hittin the circuit hard in the 'curl rack' in no time.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm a stranger in this thread, but I've really started working out a lot lately so you might see me in here some more.

I'm signed up for a couple of 5Ks coming up as well as the warrior dash so this week I've picked it up and started 2-a-day workouts.

This morning I did an hour of cardio and followed it up with 50 pullups, 100 pushups and 250 various situps. Tonight I'm gonna run 2.5 miles and then run bleachers. and probably do like 100-200 more situps.

Next I just need to get my diet in check. Giving up soda will probs kill me.