Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on BB, you know Matt Cassel is the best QB in the leage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So, NIP is the studliest of studly QBs with cannon of an arm, a "gives zero *****" attitude and so much clutch oozing out of him that QBs at any level of football within a 500 mile radius report better 4th quarter performances thanks to simply being near him...AND he's available with the Chiefs pick a year after Matt Cassel has the most game managery of game manager seasons....

Do you still feel that way?
Why do you do this to me? Do you enjoy watching me root for a team with Matt Cassel at QB? DO YOU ENJOY IT?

*picks his desk back up and pushes it back over*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Come on BB, you know Matt Cassel is the best QB in the leage.
"Shh... Quiet." *A wild npeg has appeared!* "Oh wait thats just a mimic."

*Throws Pokeball.... .... .... .... Wild mimic was caught!*

"I think I will call you Grizzle"

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 07-23-2012 at 11:43 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would play for:
Giants- Obvious reasons; would love to play for Tommy C, favorite team, ect.

49ers- Harbaugh, nice weather, and loyal fans

Patriots- I respect the hell out of this organization and their ownership and coaching staff, plus who doesn't want a ring?

Bears- Love Chicago and their fanbase

Wouldn't play for:

Eagles- hate everything about philly

Dallas- See philly

other than those 2 teams I wouldn't care where I play, it would be an incredible honor just to be in the league. Hell, I would rather play for the 0-16 Lions than not be in the league at all.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised to see lots of love for the Bears. I love the history as well, but I sure as **** wouldn't want to play for Lovie Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Surprised to see lots of love for the Bears. I love the history as well, but I sure as **** wouldn't want to play for Lovie Smith.
I've long run out of anti-Lovie Smith arguments. The players seem to love him and he manages to churn out enough success to stay afloat.

Is it possible to do better than him? Yeah. Is it likely? Doubtful.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who I'd like to play for:

1. New England Patriots - I'll get the obvious one (for a Pats fan anyway) out of the way first. They have been to 5 Superbowls in the last 11 years. Some teams haven't been to 5 Superbowls period. They win. That is the be all and end all of this situation. For any former player or potential player to say they don't like the atmosphere, how about you take off your dress, strap on a set and just go and play hard and win. I know I would prefer to go somewhere where the best player gets the shot. Loyalty isn't a factor. If you have to move on for the better of the team then move the hell on. Teams who give aging players that sign of "loyalty" are weak and poorly managed.

2. Green Bay Packers - How could you not love the history surrounding the Packers? You get to play in such an historic home field like Lambeau while competing for championships with one of the best rosters and coaching staffs around.

3. Dallas Cowboys - You want to be marketable then this is the place to do it. All due respect to Cowboys fans but they have been the definition of mediocrity for years yet they are still one of the top money making teams in all of sports. I'll go to Jerryworld.

4. New Orleans Saints - Who doesn't want to be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras??? I just need to get me 10,000 bead necklaces.

Who I wouldn't like to play for:

1. New York Jets - Not simply because of the Pats/Jets rivalry. Think about it, you play in the New York market which is pretty intesne and you have a coach who for the last few years has added pressure to the team to perform. Not necessarily saying the Jets are a poorly run team, because they aren't, but they are the little brother in New York and seem to only hit the headlines for the wrong reasons.

2. St Louis Rams - The Rams haven't been well run since the Greatest Show on Turf and they were that good thanks to a few Hall of Famers on offense. They must have one of the worst bust rates for first round picks of the last decade. They don't know if they're staying in StL, going to LA, going to London. Not a good place to set up.

3. Oakland Raiders - This is more of a shot at the previous management side under Al Davis, but being nice about it he has left them in the ****. The last few years of Davis' life has probably put a tarnish on his overall legacy and that goes to show how bad it was because he was a legend in the game. But since the Superbowl at the start of the century they have been on an unparralleled spiral of turmoil. Poor draft picks, poor trades, poor contracts to aging players, poor coaching selections. Pretty much poor everything.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 07-23-2012 at 01:40 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would most like to play for:

New York Giants (Favorite team, plus it is a first class organization who generally treats all their players with respect and gratitude)

Green Bay Packers (Seems like a great organization, with a good fanbase)

Baltimore Ravens (Like them as an organization, and I would love to have Ray Lewis as a teammate)

Denver Broncos (Sounds like a cool city(I have friends that live there), and Peyton as a teammate)

Teams I wouldn't want to play for

Philadelphia Eagles (For countless reasons)

Jacksonville Jaguars (Seems like such a dysfunctional franchise)

Oakland Raiders (Same as Jaguars, only even worse)

Although I have to say, I would probably accept any offer to play the sport I love, and get paid handsomely so to do it. Even if I had to play for the Eagles (ugh).

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Bonus: No franchise in the AFC West. Just no. Only redeeming quality would be to play for the Chiefs just to have vidae and Splat root for a Raiders fan.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Play For;
1. Panthers- Homer pick.
2. Patriots- Who knows how they will fair without Belicheck, but that departure does not seem imminent, and this organization simply knows how to compete.
3. Packers- So much history, and even currently they are successful.
4. 49ers- This was a tossup with the Steelers, but I know I would prefer living in California than Pennsylvania. For same reasoning as Packers.

Just missed: Steelers, Bears, Broncos, Giants

Wouldn't Play For;
1. Browns- I have family in northern Ohio, and have been to Cleveland once or twice. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about that place, not its current talent, not its history, not its city. That place just sucks.
2. Jaguars- I actually know a decent number of people from Jacksonville, and have been there a few times. I actually really like the city. However, their fan support just doesn't suffice and a move is inevitable IMO, something I wouldn't want to be a part of.
3. Eagles- Ungrateful bastards.

Just Missed: Raiders, Bills, Lions, Bengals, Rams

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 07-23-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
1. Browns- I have family in northern Ohio, and have been to Cleveland once or twice. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about that place, not its current talent, not its history, not its city. That place just sucks.
No sir, you suck. That is all.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been to Cleveland, but dear god that place must suck. I can't think of any other American city that catches as much flak as Cleveland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've never been to Cleveland, but dear god that place must suck. I can't think of any other American city that catches as much flak as Cleveland.
At least it's not Detroit.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cleveland doesn't suck nearly as much as it did 20 years ago. It still sucks, but it is about 10 times better than it was and 50 times better than Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would play for:

1. New York Jets- Homer pick, hometown crowd.

2. New York Giants- Hometown crowd, classy organization, and I would love to play for Coughlin.

3. San Diego Chargers- Beautiful weather.

Would not want to play for:

1. Cleveland Browns- "There is absolutely nothing redeeming about that place, not its current talent, not its history, not its city." -Cigaro

2. Philadelphia Eagles- I don't like the city.

3. New England Patriots- This has nothing to do with me being a Jets fan. I just simply don't like Bill. I know his players are pretty loyal but he just seems like a dick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hear pretty much the same crap about the city of Oakland to be honest...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would want to play for

Green Bay Packers - My team, my state, history, great stadium and unqiue fan ownership.

Kansas City Chiefs - great stadium, fans and remind me alot of my own team in ways.

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Wouldnt want to play for

Minnesota Vikings - Besides the fact I hate them, they lack history and trophies. Plus I think the owner is kind of a douche.

Detriot Lions - See above, I dont think their owner is a douche but he hasnt had much luck getting guys to help build a solid organization until now.

Dallas Cowboys - Jerry Jones enough said

Pats, Jets, Browns, Jags, Colts

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Want to Play For

Packers: Homer pick, but I also love their history and tradition.

Raiders: Again, I love their history, their tradition, and their fans. Even when they suck, they've almost got a mystique about them that very few teams can match. I've always been a closet-Raider fan.

Patriots: Everything BB said.

Dolphins: I like the city of Miami.

Would NOT Want to Play For

Lions: I'm from Michigan and I left for a reason. I've spent time in Detroit and it's as bad as people claim. If they were Super Bowl favorites and offered me above market value, I'd still go someplace else.

Browns: No explanation needed.

Cowboys: I Hate The Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys fans on here are great and I don't want to offend them, but that book was written for people like me. It was on my night stand for quite a long time. I'm still upset about the 1995 NFCCG.

Last edited by WCH : 07-23-2012 at 03:52 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would play for:
Lions-Homer pick.
Patriots-hate the team, but the ownership and coach are amazing.
Steelers- Great history.
Denver/Seattle-Just love the cities.

Not Play For:
Packers-hate them
Bears-hate them more
Jaguars-I would like fans to see me play.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been to cleveland probably a dozen or so times and it's always fun, but the only time I'm actually in the city is to watch a sports event. Most of the time I'm in the suburbs partying.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams I want to play for:

NY Jets(Homer pick but I love Rex Ryan in general and would love to play for him. If Schotty was around obviously I'd turn the other way as an offensive guy but I'd love to play under Rexy.)

San Diego(You'd think Im crazy with the management under there but that team is just a few set pieces away from a HUGE run. If I am a FA, I feel I can be that guy to finally get them over the hump and by doing so, I can help set a really good legacy for the Bolts franchise and hungry fans. Add beautiful weather for the most part and no crazy weather conditions and this would be sweet. Turner/Smith have 1 more year at best anyhow so no harm, no foul if they go.)

Washington(Harder to find much more dedicated, loyal fans than in DC. Great fanbase who will love or hate you respectively and a team that again is a few things away from going on a sweet run. Nevermind Snyder giving me a sweet load of cash, add a proven SB winning coach to the mix and its a nice spot)

Need time to think of a 4th one....

Teams I don't want to play for:

Cleveland(The way they handled Quinn proved they have little to no patience for their young players that they took with a high pick. Just seems like a terrible situation for any QB to try and fit in. They do handle their defense well and their OLine too but it seems to be a problem there with the "Star" players.

I am an huge ND guy so I follow where Irish alumni go and how they are treated. If I was a player, I'd have gone to ND if they wanted me. Nearly put Carolina on here for how they scapegoated Clausen for being the reason they stunk two years ago too.)

Minnesota: There's just nothing exciting about this team at all. No idea if they stay in one place or if they will go to LA, have a big problem with their offense at the moment, their defense outside of Allen and very few other set pieces look vulnerable and they of course play in a rough division with 3 very, very good teams.)

St. Louis(Well if I am an offensive guy, I'd want nothing to do with this team because Schotty is a god awful offensive coordinator. He'd misuse me and then some. Add the team's uncertainty and this is a no brainer)

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 07-24-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For you guys saying what you say about Belichick...his players are fiercely loyal. And it's often said that he's more of a douche in front of the cameras than in the locker room.

The guy knows football and his teams are always successful, even when they're grossly undertalented.
No he's a douche behind the scenes too. Lied to our former owner(RIP Hess) and then bolted to the Pats by just leaving a scribbled up note napkin to the Jets saying he doesn't want to coach them.

Doesn't have the dignity to tell them to their face. Nevermind how he handled a Cleveland legend like Kosar in his Browns days.....BB is someone I don't care much for at all. Anyone who doesn't care enough to play by the rules is someone I don't want a part of.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
No he's a douche behind the scenes too. Lied to our former owner(RIP Hess) and then bolted to the Pats by just leaving a scribbled up note napkin to the Jets saying he doesn't want to coach them.

Doesn't have the dignity to tell them to their face. Nevermind how he handled a Cleveland legend like Kosar in his Browns days.....BB is someone I don't care much for at all. Anyone who doesn't care enough to play by the rules is someone I don't want a part of.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post

Awwwww, would you look at that. A Jets fan who doesn't like BB because he's still butthurt over BB not wanting to coach the Jets.

I totally get why fans of other teams don't want to play for BB. If all you see is his press conferences and such he comes of as someone who'd rather not be there. But if you follow the team closely you'll see that BB is genuinely liked by everyone around the team. His players love him which I think says a lot about him as a person. Even in retirement or when they move on they are very loyal and has only nice things to say. Of course there are a few exceptions (Seymour comes to mind), but BB don't care who you are. No one is bigger than the team, and if he sees a deal he likes he's going to take it. That goes for everyone, including Tom Brady. It's no secret that the NFL is a business. NFL players always say that when they're holding out, but somehow forgets it when they're getting cut or traded. If I were a player the Patriots would be at the top of my wishlist. Here's why:

I like winning. Even when I was young, playing soccer, I would hold everyone accountable - even my coaches. If we lost a game I would by pissed off to the core and impossible to speak with right after. That's my type of personality. I hate losing more than pretty much everything else. In NE winning is all that matters, and even if they win they know they can get better. That would suit me very well as a person. Being coached by a legendary coach and having a supremely classy organization running the show just adds to how much I'd like to play there.

Other teams that I'd like to play for:
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants

Teams that I wouldn't like to play for:
New York Jets
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Awwwww, would you look at that. A Jets fan who doesn't like BB because he's still butthurt over BB not wanting to coach the Jets.
Awwww, would you look at that. A Patriots fan not only putting the Jets No.1 on teams he would not play for but also defending BB and his cowardly departure of his 1 day stint as Jets coach.

I just don't care much at all for how he left. You can't tell me him leaving behind a scribbled up napkin to a soon dying owner isn't lame. Add his whole handshake routine problems with Mangini and how he starts doing his best Solid Snake impressions anytime Tom Coughlin tries to look for him after the Super Bowl and its more than just his press conferences that makes him so unlikable.

I didn't list the Pats in the 3 teams I'd not want to play for because I can put bias aside and admit they have a good thing going up there. Just there's no mistake Belichick has quite a bit of problems and will play up to his players like all coaches do. Even a once tough Coughlin turned softer and much more player friendly as he progressed in his Giants coaching tenure.