Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Ebert (7th rounder), Justin Francis, Matt Roark (the only big WR), Jeremiah Warren, and Markus Zusevics all failed their physicals today.

It could be due to an injury, failing the initial conditioning test, or something like that.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Any numbers out on the deal yet?
7.7m total (1.4m in the last year)
6.3m guaranteed
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Hopefully this doesn't kill my fantasy value for Gronk. But seriously I doubt we'll see him with the team come week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Shiancoe is a good TE that played with a few bad QBs. When he had a good one, he produced some good numbers. I'm kind of surprised he'd come sign in NE and take a chance on not being on a roster come week 1.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised he'd sign here, too. NE's offense has to be very appealing to a TE, though. He knows if he can show the ability to produce he will see action.

I like the signing for us, as Gronk was injured and Hernandez can't stay healthy. Shiancoe could be an excellent depth signing for us to fill in admirably for either guy. He's probably a mix of the two, tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 TEs on the roster this season, especially since Hernandez is essentially a WR, anyway.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiancoe is a pickup that I like, it's a pretty good bargain if I am not mistaken and like Elvis said he is a good insurance policy for Gronk and Hernandez. There is a possiblity he doesn't make it but I think he will.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph Addai was released after he failed a physical. Does anyone know who's still out there at RB?

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joseph Addai was released after he failed a physical. Does anyone know who's still out there at RB?
I think they go with what they have now. Ridley and Vereen will get the bulk of snaps and Woody will get his. Bolden is a darkhorse to make the roster but right now I think they will carry 4 TEs, 3 RBs and a FB like Larsen.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bolden is going to make it
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think they go with what they have now. Ridley and Vereen will get the bulk of snaps and Woody will get his. Bolden is a darkhorse to make the roster but right now I think they will carry 4 TEs, 3 RBs and a FB like Larsen.
Daniel Fells is on PUP, so New England could realistically keep him there for the first six weeks and carry Bolden in addition.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Bolden was my initial thought, but it's would be a surprise if BB doesn't add a veteran presence at the position. Maybe they bring back Faulk as a camp body.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Not to embarrass him, but he quit on the conditioning test. I guess he isn't ready to be productive.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been out of the loop a bit...is this Omar Bolden?

Whats up with Ridley and Vereen?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Bolden

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ridley and Vereen are clinging on to dear life that they are not released because we could afford to carry only one back, and that back is Brandon Bolden
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How have Jones, Wilson, and Hightower looked thus far?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
How have Jones, Wilson, and Hightower looked thus far?
Jones is making plays, but still is rough around the edges.

Hightower seems to be fitting in right away. He's practically wrecking receivers when they come out for a route.

Very little is being said about Wilson.

Jake Bequette has been struggling.

Alfonzo Dennard has shown flashes but has been hurt the past few days with a hamstring injury that he suffered on late Friday.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Jones is making plays, but still is rough around the edges.

Hightower seems to be fitting in right away. He's practically wrecking receivers when they come out for a route.

Very little is being said about Wilson.

Jake Bequette has been struggling.

Alfonzo Dennard has shown flashes but has been hurt the past few days with a hamstring injury that he suffered on late Friday.
I have actually heard that Wilson has been very solid throughout camp, nothing flashy, but then again we don't need flashy back there. He has an uphill battle to break the starting rotation early with Chung and Gregory, however he certainly seems to be the first reserve in and has come in for big nickel situations from what I've heard.

Hightower seems to be the guy getting the biggest plaudits at the minute from the rookies. He is killing WRs and RBs in drills and has looked pretty good in coverage too.

Jones seems to be as expected. He is very powerful and at times looks great but needs to become a bit more polished and consistent.

Dennard looked good with the play in front of him but got beaten deep at times then got hurt.

I have heard Bequette has struggled too.

Overall though not a bad start to training camp

Last edited by AntoinCD : 07-30-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I am so pumped that we have Hightower, he just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that I think he will make a huge impact right away. Jones will be a big time player for us but I think everyone is tempering their expectations for him a bit as he is a little raw. It wouldn't shock me to see him come out and have a huge rookie year though, with his talent and coachability it could definitely happen.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I am so pumped that we have Hightower, he just needs to stay healthy. If he can do that I think he will make a huge impact right away. Jones will be a big time player for us but I think everyone is tempering their expectations for him a bit as he is a little raw. It wouldn't shock me to see him come out and have a huge rookie year though, with his talent and coachability it could definitely happen.
Hightower is a boss! And another year removed from his knee injury he should be back at his explosive best.

You don't often see a guy who is 6'4 270lbs who can play multiple positions at LB on all 3 downs.

Hightower and a healthy Spikes should also really help Mayo out. The guy has been forced into a horrible role for his skills the last few years. Mayo shouldn't be the guy taking on OGs and FBs yet there has been no one else to do it. Now there are two huge guys who love playing down hill and this should let Mayo roam around and make plays.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...eading-rookies

NFL.com's five rookies who are standing out early.

#1 is Hightower, #2 Alshon Jeffrey, #3 Doug Martin, #4 Jonathnan Grimes (Texans RB), and #5 the man the myth the legend Brandon Bolden. Get ready folks.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what...I'm so rooting for Tavon Wilson to prove us wrong

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm pulling for Wilson big time as well. The Jones and Hightower picks were so awesome, and then Patriots fans let out a collective "what the ****?" when Wilson was picked and I am sure he knows it.

He played safety, corner, and in the box at Illinois and apparently he has some upside. Something tells me he will end up being a good player for us, and if he does that would be huge.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
You know what...I'm so rooting for Tavon Wilson to prove us wrong
I really hope so. He seems like someone who can contribute in NE. He has nice size and good, but not elite, athleticism. He's smart and versatile and can play on ST. Overall I think everyone just overreacted when we took him in the second because he was on no one's radar at the time. However, I think BB has earned the benefit of the doubt on these things.

Jones and Hightower gives me wood. If Jones fulfills his potential and Hightower becomes that downhill physical presence at LB that we've been needing I think that this defense can make a pretty big jump in 2012. I'm not saying that they'll be a top 10 unit, but top 20 isn't out of the realm of possibility either. Especially considering our schedule this year.

Quote: