Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cold War Kids- Hospital Beds

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it njx or Brent who also loves Less Than Jake? I can't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

I was in bands with and played HS baseball with their old sax player Derron.

Old LTJ rules!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringin' it back

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i missed a lot of shows i wanted to see. trampled by turtles, cults, blind pilot, moon taxi, walk the moon, bassnectar, and cake. big sad face. our stamina wasn't too great throughout the weekend and we chilled off to the side for some of the shows. i regret it now. wish i ran around everywhere and got to experience everything more fully.

there were more asians than i thought there would be lol. our fourth ended up not coming so it was just me and two other small-eyed brethren. i didn't hear anything negative about firefly and i hope i can make it out next year with an even more dope lineup maybe. i must see the lumineers, roman candle, and of monsters and men live!

aw man a ranking is tough but i'll try.
1. the head and the heart
- i was just so freaking psyched to hear them and they certainly didn't disappoint. we were pretty front and center and each of the songs and members were so so great.

2. the killers
- my friend and i have been anticipating seeing the killers live for over two years and their show was great. the backdrop on the stage, the fireworks, ******* brandon flowers. just great.

3a. the black keys
- i wish i listened more to their older duo stuff. i enjoyed the hell outta the el camino songs they played though. the atmosphere was absolutely bonkers as well. i missed jack white but dan auerbach killed on the guitar.

3b. grouplove
- we started at the back of the crowd but worked our way super close since no one seemed to be into the music at all. everyone was just chatting during the set and it was infuriatingly annoying since i was so excited for them. they are so talented. i was worried they wouldn't put on a great show since they've been touring so intensively most of the year but NOPE. hannah stole the show and christian's passion was amazing. loved his blue hair too.

i really enjoyed the felice brothers too. did you get a shirt? we were considering it with it being the first firefly but totally forgot to check out the store. i remember you saying you were getting in early too, were you in lot 7 by any chance? we probably crossed paths somewhere there with our somewhat similar musical palettes. i know we didn't meet up but cheers to one helluva weekend in dover!
I missed TBT too, I just couldn't leave Modest Mouse. We talked to people who saw TBT and said they had planned to go to MM about half way through, but couldn't leave TBT it was so good. Its probably my biggest regret in missing them. I missed most of Cults, and wish I had seen more, and missed Moon Taxi because Firefly ****** up my friends wristband, but I could hear their set and it was just awesome. Blind Pilot and Cake were two of my favorite shows, not trying to make it worse, but they were absolutely great. I also really enjoyed Walk the Moon, was just a good time all around. If you saw people with their face painted that day, it was from that show, lol.

I can dig that ranking, though if you had seen Cake and Jack White, I'd imagine it might be different. Jack White finished with Seven Nation Army that night, and it was obvious everyone there was real into it, walking through the wooded part, people were repeating the melody every night. His show was awesome, once they fixed his sound.

I did get a shirt, paid 30 bucks for it, figured I may as well, I didn't spend any money the whole weekend except for food. I'm putting it right next to my Roo shirt, and have both wristbands together from both of the festivals as well. I was in the lot right across the street from the main entrance, actually it was the RV lot, but it was literally a 45 second walk until we were in the fence before they check your bags and everything. I'm sure our paths did cross at some point, but with 30,000 people in one place, its hard to recognize your friends who you came with, even, lol. I'm real excited to see what the lineup is next year, they are offering early bird things, and I'm interested in the price, if its like 150, I might just order it now (and Roo, if you went you get a chance to get tickets early, at a discount, and I might do that).

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just like njx, after Hello Rockview they just churned out crap.

however, while we're on the topic of fun late 90s/early 00s punk:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to see The Lumineers on Saturday! They are playing with the Milk Carton Kids, and wait for it...Old Crow Medicine Show at the Electric Factory in Philly. Tickets were only 45 dollars, and that's after fees and ****. Only problem is I don't have anyone to go with. I don't really care about going by myself, honestly, but if anyone around the area wants a phenomenal show at a great price, go, enjoy the show and maybe meet me there if you want. I figured there's no way I'm missing the Lumineers while they're here, and to get a show like Old Crow (Milk Carton Kids are pretty good, from what I've heard of their stuff so far) with it, there's no way I'm missing it. So, if you're within reasonable drving distance and looking for something to do Saturday, hopefully you now have something to do...

Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Flipping through the channels on TV Saturday night, I stopped at PBS when I saw some guy with an absolutely beautiful guitar solo. Turns out it was M Ward, who I'm not really a huge huge fan of, but this band came on after, and let me tell you, they are something else. I can't really put my finger on what they are, but its ******* great. GREAT. They are called Okkervil River, and they are pretty titties. Its is a big collection of musicians, but there is some serious talent and passion in their music, and from the little bit I've heard since, I know they are going to be one of my personal favorites. They're almost like a mix of My Morning Jacket, Bon Iver, and The Avett Brothers, with a lot of other elements to them as well. I'd highly recommend giving them a listen if you haven't heard of them already. This song is absolutely amazing, and honestly, I could post countless others, but I don't want to kill the internet...

This one is great as well.

I think that'll have to be it for now.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^I saw those guys a few years ago at Roo but haven't heard much of them in awhile. They were pretty darn impressive live though, I do remember that much.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EATW, I may be interested in that Philly show.

I get to see Mumford & Sons tonight. I hope they play the National's England.

TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought tickets to see The Lumineers and Bon Iver in September. Hooray!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
EATW, I may be interested in that Philly show.

I get to see Mumford & Sons tonight. I hope they play the National's England.

You should go, I found someone who I'll be going with, but 45 bucks for one of (IMO) the best bands out there, an absolutely amazing band, and a very good band is a great price.

I'm bummed about Mumford. Those tickets went on sale while I was at Firefly, IIRC, and they were sold out (except for paying outrageous prices through other sites) by the time we got back, so I missed out on that show. I'm sure they'll be back in the area soon enough, though, so there is at least that.

But if you can swing this show, def do it, lol.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Same show or different ones? And where? Bon Iver is coming to Philly, but ticket prices were way too much for me to consider it.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am so tempted to buy tickets too. I am poor currently so I think I will wait and hope that a ticket becomes available online for cheaper than 42 bucks.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Same show or different ones? And where? Bon Iver is coming to Philly, but ticket prices were way too much for me to consider it.
Same show. Ottawa Folk Festival. So stoked.
Quote: