Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 13 unsigned rookies remain

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...remain-undone-

Quote:
Cincinnati Bengals (1): Third-round defensive tackle Brandon Thompson (No. 93 overall). Bengals rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Indianapolis Colts (2): Second-round tight end Coby Fleener (No. 34 overall) and third-round tight end Dwayne Allen (No. 64 overall). Colts rookies report Wednesday, veterans Saturday.
First-round signings
Is your team's first-round draft pick in the fold yet? Check out the signing status of all 32 first-round picks here. More...

Jacksonville Jaguars (1): First-round wide receiver Justin Blackmon (No. 5 overall). Jaguars rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Kansas City Chiefs (1): First-round defensive tackle Dontari Poe (No. 11 overall). Chiefs rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Miami Dolphins (3): First-round quarterback Ryan Tannehill (No. 8 overall), third-round defensive end Olivier Vernon (No. 72 overall) and tight end Michael Egnew (No. 73 overall). Dolphins rookies and veterans report Thursday.

Minnesota Vikings (2): First-round left tackle Matt Kalil (No. 4 overall) and third-round cornerback Josh Robinson (No. 66 overall). Vikings rookie and veterans report Thursday.

Oakland Raiders (2): Third-round offensive linemen Tony Bergstrom (No. 95 overall) and fifth-round wide receiver Juron Criner (No. 168 overall). Raiders rookies and veterans report Sunday.

Tennessee Titans (1): First-round wide receiver Kendall Wright (No. 20 overall). Titans rookies reported on Tuesday, veterans are due Friday.
I thought the wage scale was supposed to keep holdouts from happening. If rookies are supposed to report but the contract isn't done yet, wouldn't that technically be a holdout?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like all the small market teams move slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the pick before and after you has signed (Like Poe) I don't see what else there is to talk about.

The 10th pick got 12 million the 12th pick got 10 million, so Poe should get 11 and call it a day.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poe was reportedly not close to a deal as of yesterday, i imagine its the last year and hed want it guaranteed. cant say i blame him.

i agree though thats how it should work. as soon as reiff signed, decastros pen was on the paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of the hold ups are from the money being guaranteed if you get cut or not and sign with another team. I vaguely remember that was the issue with Griffin which was resolved.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think a lot of the hold ups are from the money being guaranteed if you get cut or not and sign with another team. I vaguely remember that was the issue with Griffin which was resolved.
But that should be put to rest at this point. So many 1st round picks have signed and to my knowledge none of them have any of that offset language garbage.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings signed Josh Robinson today, and the holdup with Kalil is in the offset language, which the Vikings put in every contract.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals last two rookies have signed. I'd expect most of them to sign quickly.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
But that should be put to rest at this point. So many 1st round picks have signed and to my knowledge none of them have any of that offset language garbage.
I could have sworn that I read some of them did in fact have that language in their deals.

I don't know what the hold up is, but I read a rumor that he's signing as soon as he gets to KC, which should be later today or early tomorrow.

Who knows though.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick update for today- Brandon Thompson, Josh Robinson, and Olivier Vernon have all signed contracts today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ndon-thompson/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...josh-robinson/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...livier-vernon/

10 remain.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I could have sworn that I read some of them did in fact have that language in their deals.
Do you remember which ones, or even a general idea of what level of draft pick they were? Hard to imagine a top 5 or 10 pick allowing that in the contract, when so many other top picks don't have it. Maybe the holdup with Blackmon is different.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Inexcusable.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If the pick before and after you has signed (Like Poe) I don't see what else there is to talk about.

The 10th pick got 12 million the 12th pick got 10 million, so Poe should get 11 and call it a day.
+1,000,000. Preach man
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calm your nips everyone. None of these 'holdouts' are going to be longer than a couple of days. It's definitely just the language of the contract. Jenkins had some issues because the Rams wanted to protect themselves if he got in trouble off the field.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Fleener and Allen are both now signed so the Colts' rookie class is all set to go. I am really wondering what is up with guys like Blackmon. Maybe the arrest is playing a factor somehow?

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course the Vikings are on this list...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Fleener and Allen are both now signed so the Colts' rookie class is all set to go. I am really wondering what is up with guys like Blackmon. Maybe the arrest is playing a factor somehow?
WRs man, every year there is one.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
WRs man, every year there is one.
He did not strike me as a typical problem child WR but the cracks are starting to show.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings announced Matt Kalil signed, so the Vikings have everyone signed with them reporting for camp today.

There is no offset language in the fourth year. They dropped that in order to get him to camp on time.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 07-26-2012 at 12:02 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe has signed.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Dontari Poe has signed.
whew!!!!went down to the wire
Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's left?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Criner for the Raiders. 5th round pick but he's been doing really well in camp.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Calm your nips everyone. None of these 'holdouts' are going to be longer than a couple of days. It's definitely just the language of the contract. Jenkins had some issues because the Rams wanted to protect themselves if he got in trouble off the field.

Doesn't matter, still doesn't make sense even for a few days. Like Tannehill not being signed, whether it's a few days or not I want him getting every rep possible in TC even if he doesn't start this season(which if it were up to me he wouldn't). I just honestly don't see the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Doesn't matter, still doesn't make sense even for a few days. Like Tannehill not being signed, whether it's a few days or not I want him getting every rep possible in TC even if he doesn't start this season(which if it were up to me he wouldn't). I just honestly don't see the point.
Because you have nothing at stake in terms of the detailed language in his particular contract. He and the team do.

Missing three or four days of camp is nothing in the grand scheme of things. That's why they call them 'reps' because it's just a lot of repetition. He'll get plenty of time to work this preseason.

Unless the holdouts last more than two weeks or something in which case you guys are right to freak out and I'm being naive to give the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
GPNGC whacks off to Toddlers and Tiaras.
This is not true.

I googled the show and it looked terrible. Thank you for bringing up quite possibly the worst TV show I've ever heard about to this board full of football fans. The fact that you know it exists says a lot about your non-football interests.

David Amerson.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote