Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
All of those guys suck.

And Nathan is a relief pitcher (which is worthless by your standards)
Liriano has had some great moments, and you really misunderstood my point about relievers. Brad Lincoln isn't and never will be a Joe Nathan. Plus, he wants to start and that will be ******* hilarious in the AL East.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree it was a good move, just don't think it will be enough this year. He's put up good AAA numbers for a few years, but I'm not overly excited about him hitting 4th or 5th for the rest of the year.

But no, not gonna say giving up Lincoln for a guy of this potential with that many years of control is a bad move. I just like it better for next years Pirates than this years.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nathan was in the class that was actually worth something substantial at one point.

And I have a feeling Liriano is going to kill it with the White Sox. It's just how these things work with the Twins. Ortiz, Kubel, Hardy, etc.
Maybe they should stop trading guys for nothing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done with this ******* game. **** the Giants' bullpen.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The **** is wrong with Sergio Romo?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Liriano has had some great moments, and you really misunderstood my point about relievers. Brad Lincoln isn't and never will be a Joe Nathan. Plus, he wants to start and that will be ******* hilarious in the AL East.
And maybe you misunderstood that Hines and I were exchanging terrible trade offers between Pitt/SF.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But on the bright side no more Presley as an everyday starter. That makes me happy at least.

Please hit better than Presley. Please hit better than Presley. Not much to ask for. Please hit better than Presley.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
And maybe you misunderstood that Hines and I were exchanging terrible trade offers between Pitt/SF.
I like interjecting and poking fun at you. THIS IS WHAT WE DO AARON.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A couple horrible trades on both ends for both of our teams.

Jason Schmidt for Armando Rios and Ryan Vogelsong(he sucked with the Pirates)

Alderson for Sanchez: Alderson was a super stud prospect at the time

Davis for Matt Morris
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
But on the bright side no more Presley as an everyday starter. That makes me happy at least.

Please hit better than Presley. Please hit better than Presley. Not much to ask for. Please hit better than Presley.
He should if given consistent playing time. He'll strike out a lot, but has 30 homer potential.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like interjecting and poking fun at you. THIS IS WHAT WE DO AARON.
Lol. My name isn't Aaron.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A couple horrible trades on both ends for both of our teams.

Jason Schmidt for Armando Rios and Ryan Vogelsong(he sucked with the Pirates)

Alderson for Sanchez: Alderson was a super stud prospect at the time

Davis for Matt Morris
Well, he wasn't exactly the super stud prospect he was the year before the trade. His velocity was dying, and Sabean took advantage of trading him while he could. Not a bad move at all in hindsight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Lol. My name isn't Aaron.
Don't lie to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Well, he wasn't exactly the super stud prospect he was the year before the trade. His velocity was dying, and Sabean took advantage of trading him while he could. Not a bad move at all in hindsight.
Agreed, but a young Alderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Injury prone Sanchez. I miss Freddy, though.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

It's the name I put on my fake ID when I was in high school. Now I just use it for online purposes.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He should if given consistent playing time. He'll strike out a lot, but has 30 homer potential.
Any major league hitter should hit better than Presley. And I would love 30 homers. But I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Agreed, but a young Alderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Injury prone Sanchez. I miss Freddy, though.
Not with his reduced velocity. Alderson is done.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Not with his reduced velocity. Alderson is done.
His velocity has gone back up as the Pirates let him go back to his throwing program he had in HS.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
His velocity has gone back up as the Pirates let him go back to his throwing program he had in HS.
His stats sure show it...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
His stats sure show it...
Never said he was any good.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see the Dodgers trade for Dempster tomorrow while the Giants trade for some scrub clean-up duty reliever.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I can't wait to see the Dodgers trade for Dempster tomorrow while the Giants trade for some scrub clean-up duty reliever.
Looks like they might get Soriano as well.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im curious as to whether its the dodgers trying to get them to include Soriano, or if its Epstein pushing him into the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If the Pirates don't trade Snider or Marte tomorrow, I'll be pretty geeked about a potential Snider-Cutch-Marte outfield if the two kids pan out like I think they will.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Nate Schierholtz requested a trade? REALLY? Schierholtz has a right to request a trade?

RIP TheManInBlack