Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Flynn (Or Wilson) doesn't have to light up the league for the Seahawks to be a playoff team. All he has to do is not lose games like Jackson did. There were atleast 3 games we should have won, but Jackson got sacked or fumbled with the game on the line. The only game the Seahawks lost that wasn't close was against the Steelers.

The Fact that Jackson opened as the "starting QB" means nothing other than he is the incumbent starter. Pete Carroll is serious about the QB competition, he's going to make Flynn (Or Wilson) work for it. All 3 QBs are rotating days with the #1 offense, the fact that Jackson got day 1 doesn't mean anything.
Not sure if i agree with your analysis about the QB not having to win a game for the team to be a playoff team, they arent that good. The media here seems gaga for Russell Wilson to be the starter but i think Flynn has to be the guy, at least for this year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good of a WR is Antonio Cromartie going to be for the Jets?

Quote:
“I think I’d put myself as second,” Cromartie said. “I haven’t really played it in the past four or five years, but I can put myself as the second just with raw ability and talent going out there, I think, me separating and being a more physical guy out there on the outside.”
Man, these Jets just don't know when to shut up. How could he think he's the second best...oh, wait...

Quote:
Santonio Holmes is the Jets’ No. 1 receiver, but Cromartie apparently thinks he’s better than the team’s other receivers, including Chaz Schilens, Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill.
He might be right.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't think that's saying very much honestly. At least until Hill gets up to speed, he probably has a decent case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our O-line really needs to get into shape. Glenn is consistently getting beat by Kelsay and Pears has been missing time, leaving Mario Williams to feast on the likes of Sam Young. Eric Wood also has only been doing individual walkthroughs, so far. Consensus belief is that Fitzpatrick would be shattered by now if he was allowed to get hit.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not sure if i agree with your analysis about the QB not having to win a game for the team to be a playoff team, they arent that good. The media here seems gaga for Russell Wilson to be the starter but i think Flynn has to be the guy, at least for this year.

Well, semantics of saying "winning" vs. "Not losing" aside....

With an average QB, the seahawks would have won atleast 3 more games last year. Imo this team is improved on the DL, Lbers and OL...possibly WR and RB. QB is an unknown but at worst its a wash.

I dont see any reason why an average QB like say an Alex Smith type can't get this twam to 10-6 or better.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yup, Braylon to Seattle.
Braylon and Bryant will battle for 1 or 0 roster spots.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-suspension/

Tyler Sash suspended for PEDs. Cuts that secondary depth even further now. Deon Grant pretty much has to be coming back now, right?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deon Grant is pretty much a lock to get signed now.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have a hard time finding that you believe this. Arizona & St Louis did not get that much better in 1 off-season. They are nowhere near contending for this division and I don't think it's even close. Unless Brian Quick has an Anquan Boldin type of rookie season their just not that good.

Seattle maybe, but that's if you want to put that much faith into a QB who has had what, 2 career starts up to this point. It's at least plausible he could come in and tear up the league, but the fact that Tavaris Jackson opened up as the starting QB in Training Camp tells me all I need to know about that situation.

I really don't even see what the debate would be about. SF has a ridiculous defense, that returned every single starter to my knowledge. The weakness of that team is adding Randy Moss(I'll admit don't know which one, but he's still an upgrade), Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, and Lamichael James.

You'd seriously need everything to go right in the world for any of those other 3 teams to win the division, and everything to go wrong for SF. Unless they are forced to start Kaepernick all season long it's 1 of the few locks this season they win the division. It may not be a run away, and they may not even win a playoff game, but you'd have to project a million things to go right for any of those other teams for that to happen.

I think youre selling the rest of the division a little short. I'm not saying that the 49ers won't win the division, but I definitely don't think this division is gonna be a cake walk for them.

They're all pretty much built the same way: strong defense, 1 dimensional offense. You never know what could happen. There isn't an overwhelming talent gap anywhere across the board.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How do you get 4 games for adderhall btw?

After getting prescribed it too? That's odd. Unless its used as a masking agent for something else?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. The last few guys to get it for Adderall though have gotten their suspensions reduced. I recall that they got it prescribed but not through the league/team.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eww 4 games for a first time offense and for Adderall? Don't like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weslye Saunders got 4 games for Adderall as well. He's appealing the suspension.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sash already appealed and lost.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Hernandez has been an absolute beast, exact words out of camp today were no one can cover him.

My new Ole Miss UDFA Pats running back Brandon Bolden lost a fumble today so he's probably done, can't afford to do that. I still think he may make it after a so so practice today he has been looking very good.

Ex-Dolphin Donald Thomas has been working with the starters at left guard with Dan Connolly at RG, due to Mankins' injury.

Jermaine Cunningham had a great offseason (Belichick said that so it must be true) and has had a couple good practices too, he's a former second rounder coming into his thrid season and he's someone that a lot of people feel is fighting for a roster spot. Showed flashes as a rookie and didn't play much last year, if he can step up he could be a very nice piece to have with all of our new young guys.

Donta Hightower has been playing very well.

Gronk dropped a couple of gimme's the other day.

Ras-I Dowling, who is a big key for 2012, had a big practice today.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Eww 4 games for a first time offense and for Adderall? Don't like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sash already appealed and lost.
He really ****** up then.

Andre Brown got his suspension for Adderall completely lifted, while Brett Hartman got his reduced from 4 to 3 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-been-lifted/

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...php?p=14149962
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He really ****** up then.

Andre Brown got his suspension for Adderall completely lifted, while Brett Hartman got his reduced from 4 to 3 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-been-lifted/

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...php?p=14149962
I think it's because those 2 had a previous medical history with the drug where as this was the first time Sash had used. Still some BS but that's the league we live in today so not much you can do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they view it as a true performance-enhancer for guys who weren't prescribed it prior to having to learn an NFL playbook...

I'm an absolute football junkie but even I didn't read an entire NFL playbook (you can find them on the interwebz).

It truly is a performance-enhancer when used that way....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
Vontaze Burfict criticized a ton around draft, but hes flashing well in camp. More mobile at 238, making plays. Coaches like what they see
Quote:
Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
Hard to watch this Bengals OL and not be impressed. Powerful unit. Very stout all the way across. Big key to young skill guys development
Burfict will push Maualuga for playing time this year. OL will be much better will Bobbie Williams and Nate Livings out of there.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Taylor Mays looking?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
How's Taylor Mays looking?
One play he looks good, the next play he looks really bad. He will starter as of now, but Iloka is pushing him.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ashame a guy with that kind of freakish athletic ability has no real true position that in todays's NFL that maximizes those gifts. I just never thought much of him as a safety and he's not a LB. Guess it just be like that sometimes....
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mays and an OBVIOUS regression from Reggie Nelson will be the team's downfall.

They also have a brutal second-half schedule. (Play arguably the two toughest division in football - AFC West and NFC Beast).

QBs they beat last year:

@ Colt McCoy
Ryan Fitzpatrick
@ Gabbert
Kerry Collins? Maybe Orlovsky.
@ T-Joke
@ Hasselbeck? Maybe some of Locker?
McCoy again
@ Bradford
Skelton

That's concerning. Although they were competitive in nearly every game, and were good on the road, I expect a drop-off. I also don't think Dalton has as good a year as he did last year.

The lack of a No. 2 WR is going to hurt them as teams double Adriel Jeremiah constantly.

I do love the OL going forward, specifically Zeitler.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It's ashame a guy with that kind of freakish athletic ability has no real true position that in todays's NFL that maximizes those gifts. I just never thought much of him as a safety and he's not a LB. Guess it just be like that sometimes....
His severe lack of instincts was an obvious red flag at USC. I'm not surprised at all.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Neal's suspension is also for adderall that he apparently had a prescription for. He appealed, lost, and is appealing again.

Apparently you have to file the right paperwork with the league office. I'm sure that NFL lawyers have triple-checked this and covered their bases with the CBA, but it seems like these suspensions would come pretty close to violating the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Last edited by WCH : 07-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote