Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Hill has been impressive so far apparently. If he turned his life around could actually end up being a steal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if I want us to use Rolle in as the nickel this season as well. He's better suited for the safety position IMO. And we should have enough cornerbacks to have one of them fill that role. I like either one of Coe, Bruce Johnson or Tryon to become our new nickel CB.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess its safe to say we're gonna sign Grant back very soon.

Unless Chris Horton tears it up. Even then we need Grant for depth.
Very likely, particularly with Sash suspended for 4 games.

Are there any interesting cb options that could shake loose in the roster cuts? Or be a viable trade option?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'm not sure if I want us to use Rolle in as the nickel this season as well. He's better suited for the safety position IMO. And we should have enough cornerbacks to have one of them fill that role. I like either one of Coe, Bruce Johnson or Tryon to become our new nickel CB.
I'm hoping Hosely can emerge as a nickle CB

We still have good depth with Coe, Tryon, Johnson, Moulden and Bing.

Prince does need to emerge as a starter though
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as long as bing makes the team, we'll be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley will pull down 8+ interceptions.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was concerned that the Giants might not be 100% focused on the Cowboys come week 1 bc of all the celebrating and what not, but after Jerry Jones has been doing what Jerry does the past couple of days, I'm not concerned anymore. This team will be ready to play.

Now if they're healthy remains to be seen. Hopefully Prince and Hosely can make up for TT. We'll need em vs the Cowboys.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Giunta Rolle will step in as the nickel CB right now. We need someone in that 2nd group of depth to step up and take it.

Giants aren't going to want to lose the night they get their banner. The atmosphere at Giants Stadium that night is going to be electric. I can't wait to be there. I took off that whole week haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Statisically the reigning champs almost always wins the first game of the next season. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know they will be overwhelmingly in our favor.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Since they started playing the SB champ in the first game of the year on Thursday(Wednesday this year) they are undefeated. 5-0 or 6-0 something close to that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't care for those statistics though. Each game is its individual statistic.

Rolle is actually a better nickel CB than a FS to be honest, but I still rather have him at Safety. And I'm sure he's not thrilled about this either. Hosely and Prince have to step up. We really have nothing else to hope for other than that.

You're not gonna pull 2 CBs out of your ass. The ones in house just have to step up. Prince looked good in the playoffs when he was in man coverage. I'm not entirely confident in his zone abilities, but he did look good in man. Hosely is a work in progress. I was hoping he'd be redshirted this year, but now we really need him to progress faster than I hoped for.

Hosely is raw to me. He has the tools, but he has to unlearn some stuff he did in college. Like giving too much space, and developing his press man skills which he really didn't develop in college.

Having him in the slot worries me a little bc of his awful tackling too. You want your nickel to be a good tackler.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah agree with everything there. I think Tryon and Johnson need to step early moreso than Hosley. Tryon is a good tackler as we all know and Johnson some experience within the system. Hopefulyl Hosley get can get by the 2nd half of the year. This also just puts a little more pressure on the front 7.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not as sold on Tyron as the rest of you are. I hope he thrives, but I'm not counting on it.

I think of the rest of our CBs, Hosely has the most raw talent of the bunch, so I'm hoping he can give us what we need.

I actually think if we're going 3 CBs in the nickel, we should consider playing Webster in the slot and Prince and Hosely/Tyron on the outside since it would be an easier transition for them.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh most teams #1 WR don't play the slot. We need to keep Webster on those guys.

Tryon was a 4th round pick so he does have some decent pedigree. He's already a Coughlin fave and it seems like he can play man very well. It needs to be next Friday already so we can see some of these guys in action.

Hosley was actually my favorite pick in the draft this year so I'm not selling him short. He just needs a good deal of work and experience before he steps his game up I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah I don't care for those statistics though. Each game is its individual statistic.
I get what you're saying, but those kind of stats are both logical and telling. The reigning champs in their own house, opening the season on national television? Yeah, most champions are not going to let someone come into their building on that stage, and win.

But with that said: I'm also glad that Jerry Jones is doing his best to fire up our team. And I also know that if any team would be able to show up completely flat in that kind of situation, it would be the Giants, lol.

Can't wait for the first preseason game! I'm probably not going to be able to watch it though, because I'm going on a cabin trip with 10 girls :) It will be the first Giants game i don't watch live since 2009 though. So the streak ends here...

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Screw the Giants. I'm going camping in Norway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Screw the Giants. I'm going camping in Norway.
Hahaha! No problem! Just PM me when you land! It's just me and three other guys on the trip so far, so they probably wont mind!

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I suddenly want to be Norwegian!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have some confidence in Bruce Johnson. Two years ago before his injury he was a really solid nickel and dime corner. If he is healthy I see no reason why he wouldn't be over Tryon and at least Hosley for the time being.

Still upset about TT, great guy and great player, but as everyone has said his career is probably done now. Still I really like C-Web, Prince, Bruce, and Hosley for the future.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I have some confidence in Bruce Johnson. Two years ago before his injury he was a really solid nickel and dime corner. If he is healthy I see no reason why he wouldn't be over Tryon and at least Hosley for the time being.

Still upset about TT, great guy and great player, but as everyone has said his career is probably done now. Still I really like C-Web, Prince, Bruce, and Hosley for the future.
I expect the Giants will take a CB in the first two rounds next year. Webster should start to regress soon. Prince could be good, but I dont see him being able to be as good as Webster was.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys, we're fine.

Although Zak, this may make Logan Ryan a round 1 possibility for us!! :)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese hates Rutgers and knows they're poopy and will never draft a Rutgers player!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I think it's safe to say we go D first round next year whether it be DE or CB, maybe even DT or S.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Don't forget OT. I'm pretty sure Will Beatty still sucks.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

forenci, i hate you. maybe if Beatty and his uconn ass didn't suck so bad, we'd have a better Oline!

and I meant to post this in my previous post:

Quote: