Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You do realize who we took instead of Watt right? I love me some JJ Watt, but I'd take Tyron Smith over him 100 times out of 100. He's 21 and one of the best young Tackles in the game, his feet and athleticism are scary good. We had to protect Romo, and considering we have to play you guys, Watt would have done us no good for making sure our QB was in 1 piece.
Yeah I know. At the time of the draft, I was not a Smith fan, and thought he'd be a bust, so at the time I was happy that you passed on Watt for him. Now I'm pretty much indifferent to it because you guys wound up with a great player regardless, and he's a great player at a key position. You're gonna need Smith to go against JPP for the next 10 years. That should be a hell of a battle for years to come. It's gonna be awesome to watch as fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's probably a lot of both though. Quinn & Long will be 1 of the best bookend DE's in the league this year, I think Quinn is ready to bust out with how he finished the season. Also sucks that STL keeps trying to find Tackles and failing miserably everytime.
It is a combination of both. I'm not ready to say they'll be the best DE tandem in the league, but they could be top 5. I loved Quinn coming out. I actually liked him more than Aldon Smith. Looking back at it, I was wrong, Smith is better than Quinn, but at the time I loved Quinn a bunch.

I'm glad Long is living up to his draft status too. I loved Long. I was pretty disappointed at him initialy.

I never liked Jason Smith all that much, but I'd be lying to everyone if I told you I knew he'd suck this bad. That sucks for STL that they have that much cash tied to him.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jason smith was a terrible pick then and is a terrible pick now. I would have taken oher 10/10 there (and would have been disappointed, but not jason smith disappointed). Ill never get over how they hyped him up as this dominant run blocker having never had to play in a 3 point stance and how superbly athletic he was for an OT being that "converted TE"

that being said....that rams dline is going to be sensational with long, quinn, brockers, and langford. I think long has a legit shot at DMVP

also, david decastro is a bad bad man and plays like hes pissed off at the world. i love him
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a bengals fan, i hate that you talk about DeCastro so much.

i hate you, i hate you, i don't even know you and i hate your guts. i hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.

:D
Old 08-01-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you crying about? Zeitler is gonna be a beast too.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Watt fits the 3-4 perfectly. I don't know how effective he'd be as a 4-3 DT, but he built to play 3-4.
4-3 DT would have been a mistake. I still feel his best fit would have been as a LDE in a 4-3. Not that it matters now as he's a beast in the 3-4 anyway.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter says Jenoris Jenkins is a future probowler

Appearing on SportsCenter Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter singled out Rams second-round CB Janoris Jenkins as one of the most impressive rookies around NFL training camps.
"Through a week of training camp, Janoris Jenkins has flashed Pro Bowl potential," stated Schefter. "He's looked like a natural corner, like he can man that position. Has looked like a difference maker at the cornerback spot, like a future Pro Bowl player. The Rams are very excited about what they've seen from their young cornerback so far." If Jenkins keeps his head on straight, he could lock down left cornerback in St. Louis long term.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post

Appearing on SportsCenter Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter singled out Rams second-round CB Janoris Jenkins as one of the most impressive rookies around NFL training camps.
"Through a week of training camp, Janoris Jenkins has flashed Pro Bowl potential," stated Schefter. "He's looked like a natural corner, like he can man that position. Has looked like a difference maker at the cornerback spot, like a future Pro Bowl player. The Rams are very excited about what they've seen from their young cornerback so far." If Jenkins keeps his head on straight, he could lock down left cornerback in St. Louis long term.
That's the rub, isn't it?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That's the rub, isn't it?
The league has quite a few knucklheads that come with a big if.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From everything I have read, Mike Adams is performing pretty well in camp. He loses some, but is also winning quite a lot. I'd be very surprised if he isn't the starting LT week 1.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Hasselbeck just wont go away. Jake has looked like he is ready to start so far in camp, but Matt is almost matching him throw for throw. I hate Hass for possibly keeping Jake on the bench for a few more games, but its also nice having a guy you know who is going to give you solid QB play when his name is called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to tomorrow's night practice for the Titans. It's also Kendall Wright's first training camp practice. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of cool stories and pics to bring back.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall doesn't get to practice in pads until Sat....... I think. Also,Mike Martin and Zach Brown are fun to watch, and Jurrell Casey owning everyone is pretty cool and stuff.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Kendall doesn't get to practice in pads until Sat....... I think. Also,Mike Martin and Zach Brown are fun to watch, and Jurrell Casey owning everyone is pretty cool and stuff.
Scumbag Palmer:

Kendall Wright's a Star

Hasn't Even Practiced in Pads Yet
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post

Might have to wait until he faces an actual NFL caliber receiver before you make any conclusions on Jenkins.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Scumbag Palmer:

Kendall Wright's a Star

Hasn't Even Practiced in Pads Yet
Cleveland was gonna take him if we didnt....so he must be good.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Carlos needed to grow up," Zimmer said. "That was his No. 1 thing. He is a tremendous athlete, probably the best athlete we have defensively. I think he's finally turning the page. When he does, and if he does, then there's going to be a lot of tackles in the league who are going to be sweating. Until then, he might be seven good plays and three bad plays. We’ve got to get him to that point where he’s doing what he needs to do all of the time."
Mike Zimmer talking about Carlos Dunlap. If he can stay healthy he will beast it up this year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Might have to wait until he faces an actual NFL caliber receiver before you make any conclusions on Jenkins.

He shut down AJ Green, Julio Jones and Alshon Jefferey in college. I think he will be fine as long as he keeps his nose clean. Pro bowl talent.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Jenkins is an obvious stud.

GMs just generally don't want the headache.

Casserly had some very telling opinions on Dez today, basically saying he would've never drafted him because 'people don't change.'

That's why DeSean and Jenkins and Holmes all fell. And there's definitely some truth to what Casserly said.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm going to tomorrow's night practice for the Titans. It's also Kendall Wright's first training camp practice. Hopefully I'll have a bunch of cool stories and pics to bring back.
Post on how well or bad Derrick Morgan is doing.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football Rams RE Robert Quinn has reportedly looked "quick, quick, quick around the edge" so far at Rams training camp.
Quinn was arrested for DUI on July 10, but he's moving forward and showing up big time on the practice field. With Michael Brockers and Kendall Langford manning the interior and Quinn bookended by Chris Long, St. Louis quietly has the foundation of a dynamic front four. An edge-bending pass rusher, Quinn has the best physical skill set of the group and is a strong 2012 breakout candidate.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/...#ixzz22M4uZ4cs
Old 08-02-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Have you been going to practices?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't take any positive reports of the Rams defensive players very seriously as long as they're playing against their own offense.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks for me to say it, but the Rams potentially are going to have FOUR #1s in the top ten over the next two seasons.

It's the kind of draft position/situation IMO that rivals what Jimmy Johnson did to set up the Cowboys into a dynasty in the 1990s, or the draft moves Bill Walsh made in the early 1980s.

The Rams won't be able to lock up all that new talent indefinitely because of FA, but for about a 5-6 year window they really have a chance to develop into an elite football team.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2...t-my-mojo-back

Quote:
Jamaal Charles says he feels like he got his "mojo back" after missing all but two games with a torn ACL last season.

"I feel good," Charles said. "I feel like I got my mojo back. I feel happy. I feel comfortable out there, and I'm ready to go. My legs feel fresh." Charles says he's able to make cuts as he normally would on the reconstructed knee, and did so a few times "on zone plays" in Kansas City's revised blocking scheme. Charles' current Average Draft Position is the middle of the second round.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Losing Goff to a torn ACL was a big loss for the Skins. Not enough is being made of that.

Goff and Fletcher would have made a pretty solid ILB duo.