Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Let's see how long he's off. A preseason game AT ALL, would be his first ever.
I know it could be a real injury and all his past ones could have been real too. But the timing and consistency of them all has to make you question them a little. Like I said before though...all this potential and no work ethic. Manningham is a decent #2 WR too...not the time to slack off anymore.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Let's see how long he's off. A preseason game AT ALL, would be his first ever.
Wouldn't that be even more of an indictment? Not healthy enough for TC, but healthy enough to lace up for the first game of Preseason? Kinda plays to the laziness people worry about with him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Wouldn't that be even more of an indictment? Not healthy enough for TC, but healthy enough to lace up for the first game of Preseason? Kinda plays to the laziness people worry about with him.
All reports are that he's been busting butt all offseason. He strained a calf muscle and the team is treating it with kid gloves. He's been out with the team every day. If it was a matter of being lazy (at least in regards to this season) I doubt he would've been a full participant all offseason when it wasn't mandatory.

Nonetheless. I want him healthy and I want him on the field. He needs to overcome the stigma that he's helped to create.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadai View Post
Called it.
Well considering this isn't the off-season, you didnt call anything. And its been a whopping 6 days since he got injured. That's not even most of TC in the grand scheme of things.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it could be a real injury and all his past ones could have been real too. But the timing and consistency of them all has to make you question them a little. Like I said before though...all this potential and no work ethic. Manningham is a decent #2 WR too...not the time to slack off anymore.
Manningham hasn't excatly been setting the world on fire in TC. It could be a real injury? I'll be sure to inform our training staff it could be tom foolery, not a sprain. Your trying way too hard. Might want to worry why Curry's trying to out-coach your coaches and less about Crabtree.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever. I'm over Crabtree. If he actually develops into something worthy of his draft spot, great. If not, it's not a big deal honestly. We have other guys on the roster who might either be on par with him or straight up better than him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-04-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Manningham hasn't excatly been setting the world on fire in TC. It could be a real injury? I'll be sure to inform our training staff it could be tom foolery, not a sprain. Your trying way too hard. Might want to worry why Curry's trying to out-coach your coaches and less about Crabtree.
So much anger. Doing anything at TC is better than not doing anything at TC. You need to remember that Harbaugh has no attachment to Crabtree so if he fails, Harbaugh couldn't care less. He also drafted a guy with similar talents as Crabtree. Yes, Jenkins hasn't been doing so well in practice, but I trust Harbaugh's scouting ability, and I believe you do too. I'd wait a year on Jenkins to see how he fares in 2013. Crabtree also only has 2 years left on his contract with 2014 being a voidable year...so it would be the perfect time for Jenkins to show something.

Don't get why you're so angry anyways...I'm saying the guy is good...he just needs to work harder. Not like I'm pulling **** out of my ass to prove my point. I'm just saying what I see...and plenty of other people see the same thing. Sorry if you get a little angry about any small criticisms about any of your players, homer.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Whatever. I'm over Crabtree. If he actually develops into something worthy of his draft spot, great. If not, it's not a big deal honestly. We have other guys on the roster who might either be on par with him or straight up better than him.
I agree with that and Harbaugh didn't pick him so no one will put it on him.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Well considering this isn't the off-season, you didnt call anything. And its been a whopping 6 days since he got injured. That's not even most of TC in the grand scheme of things.
Um...training camp is the off-season. Pre-season games might as well be the off-season too considering they come before the regular season. I meant training camp all along too...sorry, if I knew we were arguing semantics, I'll make myself clearer next time.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So much anger. Doing anything at TC is better than not doing anything at TC. You need to remember that Harbaugh has no attachment to Crabtree so if he fails, Harbaugh couldn't care less. He also drafted a guy with similar talents as Crabtree. Yes, Jenkins hasn't been doing so well in practice, but I trust Harbaugh's scouting ability, and I believe you do too. I'd wait a year on Jenkins to see how he fares in 2013. Crabtree also only has 2 years left on his contract with 2014 being a voidable year...so it would be the perfect time for Jenkins to show something.

Don't get why you're so angry anyways...I'm saying the guy is good...he just needs to work harder. Not like I'm pulling **** out of my ass to prove my point. I'm just saying what I see...and plenty of other people see the same thing. Sorry if you get a little angry about any small criticisms about any of your players, homer.
First, why would be angry? Like I said in this thread months ago, you have some sort of fascination with the comings and goings of Crabtree. So much so, you decided to grave-dig a thread that hadn't had a new post in months, just to get your rocks off.

I get it....because he's hasnt lived up to his draft status, you label him as someone with "poor work ehtic" or "doesn't work hard". Says who though? That's your perception of things but does Harbaugh strike you as a coach that woukd defend a guy who he truly thought exhibited poor work ethic? And Harbaugh's has raved about Crabtree at every turn since he's been the coach. Even saying how hard he's working to get back on the field just yesterday to reporters and how he's "choping at the bit" to be on the field with his teammates. His fellow players have applaued his work ethic for years now.

Injuries happen....its a part of the game. For some players, they happen more often. It is what it is. That's doesn't mean he's not working hard because he gets nicked every now and then. Does Frank Gore have poor work ethic because he get injured during the season every year? Does he not 'work hard enough' during the off-season because he misses regular season games every now and then? Maybe he's faking injuries too. Now of course, youe going to reply with something along the lines of well why is Crabtree injured every year beore the season?. I have no answer to that but I'm not going to speculate that its because he isnt working hard or because he's faking injuries. Those claims would be unfounded and unsubstianated. But you seem to have no problem doing the excat opposite. But because I call you on it, I must be mad right?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
Manningham is a decent #2 WR too...not the time to slack off anymore.
Quote:
Manningham hasn't excatly been setting the world on fire in TC.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...8-fea967f911cc

Man...I'm on fire this week.

Quote:
First, why would be angry? Like I said in this thread months ago, you have some sort of fascination with the comings and goings of Crabtree. So much so, you decided to grave-dig a thread that hadn't had a new post in months, just to get your rocks off.

I get it....because he's hasnt lived up to his draft status, you label him as someone with "poor work ehtic" or "doesn't work hard". Says who though? That's your perception of things but does Harbaugh strike you as a coach that woukd defend a guy who he truly thought exhibited poor work ethic? And Harbaugh's has raved about Crabtree at every turn since he's been the coach. Even saying how hard he's working to get back on the field just yesterday to reporters and how he's "choping at the bit" to be on the field with his teammates. His fellow players have applaued his work ethic for years now.

Injuries happen....its a part of the game. For some players, they happen more often. It is what it is. That's doesn't mean he's not working hard because he gets nicked every now and then. Does Frank Gore have poor work ethic because he get injured during the season every year? Does he not 'work hard enough' during the off-season because he misses regular season games every now and then? Maybe he's faking injuries too. Now of course, youe going to reply with something along the lines of well why is Crabtree injured every year beore the season?. I have no answer to that but I'm not going to speculate that its because he isnt working hard or because he's faking injuries. Those claims would be unfounded and unsubstianated. But you seem to have no problem doing the excat opposite. But because I call you on it, I must be mad right?
LOL. I grave dug this one up for you, specifically. First it was a Darrius Heyward-Bey thread and a bunch of SF homers came in here tooting the Crabman horn. Then when I voiced my opinion on Crabtree and that I'm glad we got DHB over the Crabman because he at least WORKS, you got insulted. Hell...my opinion wasn't even out there since 90% of the media agrees with me now and many have been insinuating that he's just lazy. I've seen and know many SF fans comment that he's a diva. You ended up constantly insulting me and that is why I have to bring it back up and laugh in your face. Now that I'm right, you're just angry and making sarcastic remarks like your reply a couple posts above.

I'm not saying he doesn't work hard because he gets nicked now and then...I've said in every post of mine that they could be REAL injuries and I could be wrong, but the timing and coincidence of EVERY injury has been perfect for him to sit out of training camp and not play any preseason games, yet he's always ready for the first game of the regular season. They could be real...but it makes me and many others skeptical. I'm fine with you believing that they're real injuries, I couldn't care less because they don't affect my favorite team or my fantasy teams...hell SF isn't even in the AFC so I really couldn't care less. You're the one that immediately moves to insult me when I insinuate that they're fake injuries. I'm making ONE small criticism about one player...that he's lazy, and you're acting like I'm insulting your family. Could this be a real injury? Sure, but in the end...I still called it.

Last edited by whatadai : 08-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you get up in the morning, do you put on your clown make-up before your big red nose, or the other way around?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
When you get up in the morning, do you put on your clown make-up before your big red nose, or the other way around?
I mean seriously....he posted a link to a article about Manningham's addition to the WR corps, so automatically that must mean he's been a god-sent. Doesn't even realize that Kyle Williams, Moss, and Palmer have been the most impressive WRs thus far in camp, NOT Manningham. Like I said, he's trying to hard. Sad really....must be boring over there at Raider camp.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...8-fea967f911cc

Man...I'm on fire this week.

LOL. I grave dug this one up for you, specifically. First it was a Darrius Heyward-Bey thread and a bunch of SF homers came in here tooting the Crabman horn. Then when I voiced my opinion on Crabtree and that I'm glad we got DHB over the Crabman because he at least WORKS, you got insulted. Hell...my opinion wasn't even out there since 90% of the media agrees with me now and many have been insinuating that he's just lazy. I've seen and know many SF fans comment that he's a diva. You ended up constantly insulting me and that is why I have to bring it back up and laugh in your face. Now that I'm right, you're just angry and making sarcastic remarks like your reply a couple posts above.

I'm not saying he doesn't work hard because he gets nicked now and then...I've said in every post of mine that they could be REAL injuries and I could be wrong, but the timing and coincidence of EVERY injury has been perfect for him to sit out of training camp and not play any preseason games, yet he's always ready for the first game of the regular season. They could be real...but it makes me and many others skeptical. I'm fine with you believing that they're real injuries, I couldn't care less because they don't affect my favorite team or my fantasy teams...hell SF isn't even in the AFC so I really couldn't care less. You're the one that immediately moves to insult me when I insinuate that they're fake injuries. I'm making ONE small criticism about one player...that he's lazy, and you're acting like I'm insulting your family. Could this be a real injury? Sure, but in the end...I still called it.
So he went from "no work ehtic" to being a diva. Which one is it? How did I insult you again? Oh that's right.....I disagreed with you, my bad. From now on when fans speculate on player's faking injuries, I'll won't dare mention that they should have some sort of proof because that is serious allegations, not just a mere "small criticism". Anything else I'm missing? Don't want to miss any of the knowledge you droppin on us Niner fans.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ITT: Rage!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

Quote:
I mean seriously....he posted a link to a article about Manningham's addition to the WR corps, so automatically that must mean he's been a god-sent. Doesn't even realize that Kyle Williams, Moss, and Palmer have been the most impressive WRs thus far in camp, NOT Manningham. Like I said, he's trying to hard. Sad really....must be boring over there at Raider camp.
Nice job ignoring all the things other players said about him.

Quote:
So he went from "no work ehtic" to being a diva. Which one is it? How did I insult you again? Oh that's right.....I disagreed with you, my bad. From now on when fans speculate on player's faking injuries, I'll won't dare mention that they should have some sort of proof because that is serious allegations, not just a mere "small criticism". Anything else I'm missing? Don't want to miss any of the knowledge you droppin on us Niner fans.
Since when were having no work ethic and being a diva, mutually exclusive? I didn't insult you for disagreeing with me, you insulted me for having an opinion that you didn't agree with...so I don't get the "my bad" when I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. I don't need proof for my opinion...and criticisms can be opinions...I've always said it was an OPINION and I could be wrong and it could be a real injury, so stop getting so damn butthurt. All I'm saying is I said the guy will get "injured" in the off-season and won't practice and I was right. Fine, it's a real injury, but I still called it. There...I agreed with you. Happy now?