Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Of course we were oversimplifying it, but blitzing him and forcing him to his right is definitely effective.

He can run all day. I rather have Vick run for 150 yards and take punishment all game long than throw for 350 on my defense. You're not gonna win the game if he can't throw.

That's what the Giants did vs Rodgers in the playoffs. They played press man across the board with 2 deep safety, 4 man rush, and basically begged Rodgers to scramble.

And he did. I think he had around 140 rushing yards or something close to that. But guess what? It worked. Bc you rather have him rush for 150 than throw for 400.

At the end of the day, qbs are still qbs. You dare them to run all game long, they'll eventually get impatient and force throws into coverage. And thats where you get em.
Sure.

The best thing to do to a QB is to confuse him by keeping him off-balanced by showing different looks pre-snap and post-snap. This is especially true for a guy like Vick who's strength isn't reading defenses as a guy who's more reactionary than most.

I just have visions of him slipping around a blitzer and either throwing a bomb after scramble rules or getting huge chunks of yardage against a bunch of DBs with their backs towards him.

Following this report:

Quote:
Michael Vick admitted that he was only 25-30 percent comfortable in the offense at this time last year.
For the first time since going to prison, Vick has had a full offseason to work as a starting quarterback. He now says he's about 90 percent comfortable.
I'm pretty excited. He really didn't have an offseason last year and now McCoy, DJax, and Maclin are all happy and healthy.

I'm usually not one to follow the public in terms of hyping up certain teams, but the public may be right in favoring Philly. The D should be better and with a healthy Vick they should be one of the top teams in the league.

Like the Heat. First year struggled, second year they get it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Early leans:

OVERS
Colts 5
Chargers 9
Cowboys 8.5
Lions 9.5
Panthers 7.5
Rams 6

UNDERS
Bengals 8.5
Texans 10.5
Titans 7.5
Jaguars 5.5
Chiefs 8
Tampa Bay 6
Arizona 7
Just want to bump this. Tell me why I'm wrong (or right) about any of these teams.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FB Ovie Mughelli looks like he’s rounding into shape. He was absolutely devastating at times during the running game drills. Mughelli looks to be back almost to full health and is going to get more and more work as the weeks go by.

Steven Jackson is going to love this guy. So is Jeff Fisher. Should be a deadly duo
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake had some troubles the last 2 days but rebounded on Friday hitting 16 out 20 of his passes. Hasselbeck hit on 13-15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who The **** Cares What Obama Thinks About The Jets Training Camp, Espn *** Dam You

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Obama is a probably a better analyst than Skip Bayless.

Seriously, don't watch ESPN.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Who The **** Cares What Obama Thinks About The Jets Training Camp, Espn *** Dam You
When did God become censored?

EDIT: wait a second, what word did you use there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
When did God become censored?

EDIT: wait a second, what word did you use there?
Maybe ay instead of od?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: nevermind.

Last edited by WCH : 08-03-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I censored myself, i have religious friends and they get pissed when i say god dammit, so i try to refrain from saying so, even in text, even though i already said it, what's up wif the Rams Training Camp?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I censored myself, i have religious friends and they get pissed when i say god dammit, so i try to refrain from saying so, even in text, even though i already said it, what's up wif the Rams Training Camp?
Get new friends.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell them to stop having sex outside of marriage, and maybe you'll stop saying goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To help prepare for his second season, Green added 10 pounds of muscle to his 6-foot-4 frame. He is now 213 pounds and looks much more solidly built. He's never going to be thick like Andre Johnson, but he knew he had to get bigger to deal with the physical style of play of the NFL.

I like this. Sounds like AJ will be able to better work off of press and double teams.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
To help prepare for his second season, Green added 10 pounds of muscle to his 6-foot-4 frame. He is now 213 pounds and looks much more solidly built. He's never going to be thick like Andre Johnson, but he knew he had to get bigger to deal with the physical style of play of the NFL.

I like this. Sounds like AJ will be able to better work off of press and double teams.
He was only 203 last year?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just want to bump this. Tell me why I'm wrong (or right) about any of these teams.
Chargers over 9 this is a worse team relatively than they were last year when they hit 8 wins.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Apparently.
Ive seen a few pics and he looks stronger and a little bit thicker in the chest.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's actually a good amount of weight for your standard wide receiver. Is that all muscle? Because that seems like a lot to gain in one year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

This is the last picture he posted on Twitter before camp I believe.

http://instagram.com/p/NZoqrdjq4g/

Looks a lot bigger in the upper body. Not a ton.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys, Colts, Chargers and Lions don't seem like good bets to me.

The Cowboys are just too uncertain for me, with the Iggles, us and improving Redskins in the division as well as rough out of division schedules will suppress the win totals for all of the NFCE teams.

Colts just aren't talented enough to be favored in any of their games, so them hitting 6 wins to me seems a major stretch.

Chargers division got better and they got worse, so seeing them improve their win total would shock me.

Lions have the Bears and Packers in their division who I expect to finish ahead of them, and they still have no running game n a very beatable defense. If Matt Stafford isn't fully healthy all season long, they're not breaking .500, and even if he is, they're going to have a really tough time hitting 10 wins.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He was way to skinny last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he weighed less than 200 at times last year.

He needed the weight gain, he wasn't ready to take any sort of hit last year.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the last picture he posted on Twitter before camp I believe.

http://instagram.com/p/NZoqrdjq4g/

Looks a lot bigger in the upper body. Not a ton.
He can do better than her.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
He can do better than her.
Some people still believe in love Hines!

Plus he probably has known her long enough she isn't a gold digging skank.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Lions have the Bears and Packers in their division who I expect to finish ahead of them, and they still have no running game n a very beatable defense. If Matt Stafford isn't fully healthy all season long, they're not breaking .500, and even if he is, they're going to have a really tough time hitting 10 wins.
None of their QBs are iron-men. I expect two playoff teams to come out of the NFCN, but I think which two could be decided by QB injuries. With Graham Harrell as the backup, I'm not even penciling in GB until they hit the 9-win mark.

Last edited by WCH : 08-03-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some people still believe in love Hines!

Plus he probably has known her long enough she isn't a gold digging skank.
All valid points, but mine still stands!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
All valid points, but mine still stands!
I wont argue he could do better, but could he do better and not lose half his stuff in 5 years?

(before anyone starts the prenup talk, remember this is the same selective group of individuals who make at the minimum around 500k a year [I have no idea what it is now] and either are too dumb or don't think enough to call for a short cab ride home)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack