Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only caught the last two songs of OMaM's set at lolla via youtube :(

they're shooo good.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm the biggest Jack Johnson fan in the world.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since you're all talking about Gaslight Anthem:

Love it.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fact: Bad Religion holds its own against any song that has been or will be put out this year.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Imagine Dragons. K? Bye.
Yes. I might be seeing them for free in Philly in a few weeks.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
only caught the last two songs of OMaM's set at lolla via youtube :(

they're shooo good.
I saw them at their first show in Philly and it was incredible. Probably the best show based strictly off of sound and quality I've ever seen. I want to see them again so ******* bad, I could've seen them about two weeeks ago for free but couldn't go.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The show I saw on Saturday was probably one of my favorites. First off, this duo The Milk Carton Kids, is pretty ******* awesome. Its two guys playing guitar, but the one guy is an unbelievable guitarist. He broke a string in the middle of one of their songs and was able to finish anyway after the other guy gave him this snarky look and sarcastically asked him if he could finish the song with only one broken string. Well he did, and it was pretty impressive, gotta say.

The Lumineers were one of my favorite shows ever. I'd put them right up there with my absolute favorite shows I've seen. Go see them live, they will not disappoint. I'm already scouring the internet for when they'll be in the area next. APS, you are in for one hell of a show with them playing with Bon Iver. You are a lucky **** and I'm super ******* jealous. Honestly, I could take forever about their hour long set. The whole crowd was so amped for their set that I'm pretty sure despite Old Crow being the headliner, more people were there for The Lumineers. Was just a great show, I can't wait to see one of their shows wherethey are the headliner and they will have more time.

Old Crow was great, I loved watching their bass player and his upright. Made me want to fix up mine and get it into better playing shape. Got to hear my favorite songs of theirs, as well as some stuff from their new album, which, if you haven't heard yet, is great. Watching them play Wagon Wheel was another iconic song I've gotten to see this summer. Oh yeah, and since it was such a small venue, I was first row for the whole ******* show, so I was right off of the stage and was able to have those moments with a few of the people on stage for all three bands where I was making eye contact with the band members at times. While The Lumineers were playing Classy Girls, their cellist (who is gorgeous, btw) made eye contact with me as I was singing lyrics with them. She smiled and I think I may have melted for a little bit, lol.
The whole show was great, I really like the venue, its right off of a main highway through Philly so I didn't feel like we were in an area where we'd get stabbed or **** stolen from my car, and the venue was great, you could be anywhere in there and you'd have a great view. But for my fellow fans of The Lumineers and Old Crow Medicine Show, you will love their live show, and if you are looking for some different music, listen to The Milk Carton Kids, I was real impressed with them.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Just found this band, The Chris Robinson Brotherhood. I would say these guys are awesome, but I don't think its fair. They only have one album I know of, but I've only listened to two of their songs so far because I have to keep repeating them, I enjoy them that much. They are a really groovy band that kinda reminds me some of the Grateful Dead. Give them a listen, hope you like em anywhere near as much as I do...

Don't let the beginning fool you, this song starts off slow, its the start of the album, but it just gets more and more epic as it goes on.

Eaglesalltheway - those songs were pretty awesome. He was the lead singer of the black crowes too - not sure if you knew that (if you did my bad just wanted to let you know you should check the black crowes out too)
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I have heard of the Black Crowes, and I think a few of their songs actually, but didn't realize it was the same singer. I'll have to look into them more now that I know that. Thanks for letting me know, the Black Crowes are a name that would keep popping up in my head to listen to, but I just never got around to checking them out fully yet.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopeless records just posted the entire, new Yellowcard album:

All as one video. It's goddamn catchy.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grouplove on Conan tonight.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Old 08-08-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigur Ros- Svefn-g-englar

Their Lolla show was mindblowing.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Sigur Ros- Svefn-g-englar

Their Lolla show was mindblowing.
The other Icelandic band, Of Monsters of Men, had my favorite performance of the weekend.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Out of all the music I've seen live, OMAM is still the best sounding show I've ever heard. The whole band was spot on, perfectly tight, and sounded prestine. There are a few that come close, but honestly, their show was completely fulfilling, that group of musicians is on a level that very few get to, IMO.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't see OMAM and Sigur Ros' slot in the lineup sucked but that show was absolutely amazing. They should've headlined and it should've been mandatory that everyone in attendance watch it because it was just soo beautiful, even in **** conditions. Literally it was muddy as hell and smelled like feces. Listening to it on record is one thing, seeing how they create those songs onstage and sound completely perfect is quite another. We were joking all weekend about how we should have our tissues handy for that show, and I kid you not I saw quite a few people with wet eyes.

Would've loved to have seen OMAM but I figured this was more one of those 'once in a lifetime' experiences, and it definitely lived up to it. Plus, I figured OMAM would be hipster mecca, which I try to avoid. Even though Lolla was very hipster-centric it seemed.

Back on topic:

Dan Auerbach- When the Night Comes.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

so this leaked.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been digging Dan Mangan lately
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Hell yeah, fenikz. Been a fan of Radical Face for a little bit now, they popped up on my Pandora a few months ago and looked into them more and found a lot of songs of theirs I like. The Ghosts album is pretty ******* awesome.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote