Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-07-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden sounds like a goner. Hes being outplayed by several on the depth chart. He had his opportunities, he just never took advantage of them. Funny how hes not riding the bike this training camp now that he knows this is a make or break year isn't it?

If he doesn't have a dominant preseason he'll get cut. Hes just not fast enough to be an effective player. He never separates.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Barden and Beatty looking disappointing thus far in their careers, the 2010 draft looks brutal. The only guy who panned out was Nicks. Everyone else washed out.

That was my favorite draft class too.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden rode the bike last year because he was still hurt. He participated in every other training camp. It has nothing to do with his roster status at this point.

Also, he's making just as many nice plays as the other guys. When it's game time on Friday we'll start to have a much better idea on how these younger WR's look.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Let it go GF. Just let it go. It's time to move on lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you even when we cut him another team will pick him up and he'll do well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's rumors that his heart isn't in the game. If that's the case, he'll never realize his potential.

P Dot (@giantswfan) is always underwhelmed with him.

To me it's more about his actual game. The guy struggles vs press coverage and doesn't separate. He's slow off the line. Doesn't have great hips. Those flaws limits his ability on the field at this level. He's a underneath possession WR, there's nothing wrong with that, but in our vertical offense he's not effective enough getting downfield quickly enough and getting the separation we need in our offense.

He'll stick somewhere else, but I doubt we lose any sleep over losing him. He'll be an average player.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well regardless I'm still getting more excited to see everyone on Friday while I pray for no major injuries.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm telling you even when we cut him another team will pick him up and he'll do well.
I still have a feeling that that team could be us for this season, granted I do see him walking eventually, but only after breaking out for us. But I was a huge fan of his coming out so this feeling may be more wishful thinking than anything, but it just seems like it fits, especially if Nicks spends a lot of time banged up again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

DVR the games. It's the only time we get to see some of our younger developing talent, and it's a good way to remind yourself of what they looked like.

I hope for no injuries. And I'm interesting mostly in our OL and LB core. LB core bc I want to see how much our young depth have improved, if they deserve the merit they've been receiving in camp, and the OL bc I'm worried about the OL.

Especially LT. We put all our eggs in Beatty's basket, and that was a mistake.

We better hope either Locklear or Brewer can step up and grab the RT position so we can move Diehl back to LT for another year.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty you're just too harsh on, when healthy he's actually played competently, lacked in the running game, but I'll settle for mediocre push if he's pass pro is as solid as it was when he was healthy. He needs to stay healthy this year, but unlike Barden he's already shown he can contribute in more than one game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty's back is supposedly looking good Coughlin said.

Also, I will require your guys' awesome analysis for the pre-season game since I don't get them down here in South Carolina.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's being played on the NFL Network at noon on Saturday for anyone who has that channel but can't get the live game on Fri night.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'll definitely be DVR'ing the games. I'm most interested in the WR's and LB's. I hope Williams plays. He's supposed to be 15 more pounds of added muscle with the same exact speed. We really have something here if that's the case.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can't agree, Beatty sucks.

He's an awful run blocker, and he's a below avg pass protector. He's not as good as Diehl at LT, and Diehl isn't exactly Joe Thomas himself.

Beatty's biggest flaw is blitz recognition. He misses his assignment often when teams blitz bc he diagnoses the blitz slowly and either picks up his man late, or doesn't pick them up at all.

He's not a good run blocker, he's not a good pass protector. He's just not good.

And he's about 290 lbs soaking wet after 4 games bc he can't add weight to his frame, or just refuses to do so. Either way, he can't handle a bull rush.

All he's good for is pass pro vs speed rushers when they send 4. That's it.

Stunts also confuse the **** out of him. He's just not good.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 08-07-2012 at 10:05 AM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'll definitely be DVR'ing the games. I'm most interested in the WR's and LB's. I hope Williams plays. He's supposed to be 15 more pounds of added muscle with the same exact speed. We really have something here if that's the case.
Williams is gonna be a stud. I think he'll be Boley's replacement when we let him walk next year.

He's an explosive and dynamic blitzer, he's got great speed, excellent coverage skills, good tackling, long arms, he's got PB potential as an OLB.

I actually like him at SAM/Joker bc he's such a good blitzer. But regardless, he should start in the near future.

If him and Herzlich pan out, our biggest weakness on defense suddenly becomes a strength. It's exciting to think about.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know it's being played on the NFL Network at noon on Saturday for anyone who has that channel but can't get the live game on Fri night.
Sadly I don't get the NFL Network either.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, so? That's football. A player can not do well in our system, and put him in another and good things happen. Good for him and good for the team who can see him as a good fit in their system. That's the beauty of the sport. One person's so called trash is another teams gold.

You can't even fear that another team will pick him up and he'll do well. You have to do what's good for your team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question with Thomas is, do we save a roster spot for a guy that has a health question mark? We may pass on a player that can be developed just because Thomas needs a spot. I am not sure I like that. His health is a big question mark. If someone else on the team shows promise I'd rather spend that spot on that guy rather than someone whose knee is having issues.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Williams is gonna be a stud. I think he'll be Boley's replacement when we let him walk next year.

He's an explosive and dynamic blitzer, he's got great speed, excellent coverage skills, good tackling, long arms, he's got PB potential as an OLB.

I actually like him at SAM/Joker bc he's such a good blitzer. But regardless, he should start in the near future.

If him and Herzlich pan out, our biggest weakness on defense suddenly becomes a strength. It's exciting to think about.
Yeah that sounds about right to me. Should be a good duo going forward if Herzlich really has regained that form.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Ok, so? That's football. A player can not do well in our system, and put him in another and good things happen. Good for him and good for the team who can see him as a good fit in their system. That's the beauty of the sport. One person's so called trash is another teams gold.

You can't even fear that another team will pick him up and he'll do well. You have to do what's good for your team.
It's not the system. It's the fact he's always had 2 studs above him on the depth chart. I never said I feared it either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It's not the system. It's the fact he's always had 2 studs above him on the depth chart. I never said I feared it either.
Of course it's the system. That's where the inconsistencies are arising. He has the physical ability and when it doesn't count he puts on a show. But come game time, especially the Jets came, it was a mess. That's what's keeping out out of the lineup. And the fact he doesn't play special teams has kept him from even being active. He is basically a waste of a roster spot.

My point is if he goes to another team and does well, good for him and good for the team. That happens. Sometimes the other team is a better fit.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Barden's problem has been his health, hips and inability to play specials, not his inability to fit the scheme.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Who cares anyway. Let him take his shirt off whenever the cameras come on for another team. Peace out.

Im more interested in seeing this Douglas character. And my boy Rueben Randle.

I really hope our run blocking has improved too. Bennett, a healthy Baas, a more experienced Hynousaurus, and better RBs should hopefully improve our run game.

But you never know.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Barden's problem has been his health, hips and inability to play specials, not his inability to fit the scheme.
To me, this is his make or break TC. He needs to step up, or make way for a roster spot with someone with better potential to be developed. He can't be inactive because he is too consistent AND/OR can't play special teams. You have to be able to do something and be consistent at it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who cares anyway. Let him take his shirt off whenever the cameras come on for another team. Peace out.

Im more interested in seeing this Douglas character. And my boy Rueben Randle.

I really hope our run blocking has improved too. Bennett, a healthy Baas, a more experienced Hynousaurus, and better RBs should hopefully improve our run game.

But you never know.

You have a boy now? Or offense non the less? Hmm, interesting, so does this mean you like offense better than defense? Have you matured BBD?

I want to see how MB does at TE, and Baas. The OL needs to stay healthy and be able to create running lanes for Bradshaw and Wilson. Not sure, I want Ware taking reps from Scott, and Wilson. Let's see how both do, and have Ware just in case.