Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all understand the Dolphins aren't a playoff team..Hardknocks will only reflect most of the reasons why. Doesnt mean it doesn't make for entertaining tv, I'd take such training camp insight with any team in the league.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The depth chart scene was awkward
Chad upped his troll game after learning from the trollmaster last year in New England. The Dolphins just weren't ready for it yet.

edit - oh you meant Philbin. I thought you meant when Chad walked in when they were setting their depth chart.

That episode needed moar Lamar.

Last edited by TACKLE : 08-08-2012 at 06:49 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Anybody else a little underwhelmed by the small sample size of Philbin?

Doesn't strike me as a coach I'd run through a wall for...

The depth chart scene was awkward and I thought he was out of line a little talking to Chad after he cursed at his PC. Didn't even look Chad in the eye. Weird.
Personality seemed kind of off and he isn't particularly motivating. I did like his ingenuity with practice, where the 1's take a snap on 1 side of the field, then the 2's immediately take a snap on the other side while the 1's re-group.

Agree with you on the depth chart scene. The coach and the QB's were doing their thing, he comes in and everyone (even the coach) just stop in their tracks. Cut the tension with a knife.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually liked Philbin. Seemed like a normal-boss type. Really professional. Personally, I don't think you need a "rah-rah" coach all the time or someone that is going to get hyped up to make you try hard a la Mike Singletary. You should be doing that already.

I also enjoyed the 15 second cheerleader practice scene. That was awesome.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but from what I saw Chad looks pretty good so far.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe things will work out for him this year. It would be nice to see him back on top.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2012, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but from what I saw Chad looks pretty good so far.
He can't look any worse than last year, that's for sure. Chad is still a good receiver, he just didn't comprehend the defense in NE. I think Chad can still be a 1000 yard receiver in the Miami offense, especially since he's so motivated to prove that he's not done. It didn't work out in NE, but that doesn't mean that he's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one have a link where I can watch?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not on HBOGO? Therefore I also need a link.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watchseries-online.eu and check the index for hard knocks.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad's problem isn't physical. He was just a terrible fit for the NE offense. He can't read defenses and he's an awful route runner. He can't play any option routes, he's awful at it, and the NE offense lives and dies with the option route.

I called it from day 1, I saw that disaster coming. In a more strict route tree offense like the WCO, he should be productive. He's not as quick as he used to be, so don't expect the old Chad Johnson, but he can still be productive. He won't be abysmal like he was in NE.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Any one have a link where I can watch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It's not on HBOGO? Therefore I also need a link.
I found it on www.torrentz.eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its also on project free tv
Old 08-09-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HBO made the first episode available for free online.

http://www.hbo.com/hard-knocks/episo...?autoplay=true
Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
I think we all understand the Dolphins aren't a playoff team..Hardknocks will only reflect most of the reasons why. Doesnt mean it doesn't make for entertaining tv, I'd take such training camp insight with any team in the league.

Thank you. I love this kinda stuff, it could have been the Rams. I thought it was a nice insight on how that rookie was invited to camp, spent the night with his playbook visualizing what he was going to do, then got his walking papers before he even put his pads on. Messed up but that's the life of the NFL and it's interesting to me.

I'm happy to see Chad going back to his former self, he's their best WR regardless of the fact so he should have a nice bounce back season, but at least he called it like it was, exposed. He likes the attention, but he's never been annoying to me. Says a lot that he went to NE and shut himself down completely, and knowing how much he loves the spotlight shows that he respects Bill, sure he was garbage but he got away from all of that stuff.

Chad will still go down as one of my favorite WR's of the decade though when he was on top of his game, he had a 6 year stretch that was pretty remarkable. He was almost a lock for 90/1300/9 every single year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Chad's problem isn't physical. He was just a terrible fit for the NE offense. He can't read defenses and he's an awful route runner. He can't play any option routes, he's awful at it, and the NE offense lives and dies with the option route.

I called it from day 1, I saw that disaster coming. In a more strict route tree offense like the WCO, he should be productive. He's not as quick as he used to be, so don't expect the old Chad Johnson, but he can still be productive. He won't be abysmal like he was in NE.
He may not have been a fit for that offense, but you don't have the career that Chad has had being an awful route runner.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He may not have been a fit for that offense, but you don't have the career that Chad has had being an awful route runner.
When you're running the wrong route half the time, you're an awful route runner.

Explosiveness can mask a lot of errors in your game. DJax is a productive WR bc he's explosive, but if you watch his route running you'll see that he's not polished at all, he rounds his cuts constantly.

Chad was productive bc he used to be explosive. He never rounded his cuts like Jackson but he would run the wrong routes often. Even with a more strict route tree where there are no options.

Production is production. But being productive doesn't automatically mean you were a technician as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, am I crazy, or is Matt Moore clearly the QB there? Unless Tannehill unexpectedly outplays him right away, I think it's Moore over Garrard all the way.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt so bad for Derek Dennis! :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When you're running the wrong route half the time, you're an awful route runner.

Explosiveness can mask a lot of errors in your game. DJax is a productive WR bc he's explosive, but if you watch his route running you'll see that he's not polished at all, he rounds his cuts constantly.

Chad was productive bc he used to be explosive. He never rounded his cuts like Jackson but he would run the wrong routes often. Even with a more strict route tree where there are no options.

Production is production. But being productive doesn't automatically mean you were a technician as well.
Completely disagree. Just because you are explosive doesn't mean you have an advantage in terms being productive. Chad has been doing this for a while, and watching him over the years he has lost a lot of his spark, but that doesn't mean he has always been a terrible route runner. He ran a variety of different routes during the bulk of his career in with the Bengals and was good at it. Chad's problem in recent years is mostly due to self-admitted laziness and age, but that doesn't mean he was a fraud the majority of his career. You don't make six Pro Bowls and two first team All Pros at his position only because you were explosive and don't bring anything else to the table. If he was running the wrong routes half the time he wouldn't have had the career he did.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-09-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Also, am I crazy, or is Matt Moore clearly the QB there? Unless Tannehill unexpectedly outplays him right away, I think it's Moore over Garrard all the way.
yeah it seems pretty clear the Moore will start the year. he did play very well down the stretch last season, too
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Why do you say that. Garrard is listed #1 and has been having better practices. Looks like Garrard all the way to me.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as I can see, there are two roads the Dolphins can take with their quarterback situation.

The first, and the road the coaching staff seems to be taking, is viewing Garrard as the better option for Miami at this point in time. Philbin is coming in and installing a brand new offensive scheme and it doesn’t surprise me that Garrard is immersing himself in it more than Moore. Garrard is a grizzled veteran with better applicable experience. So, in the constant win-now atmosphere, it makes sense that Philbin opts for the best win-now quarterback.

But, if Moore’s performance is at least comparable to Garrard’s, I think Moore should get the nod over him.

Garrard is what he is. He’s had a good NFL career. He’s a solid caretaker that can show up and has even been a little more than that in some games, but his upside is fixed. Quarterbacks in their mid-thirties don’t experience monumental improvements. The odds that he comes out and carries this team past their meager expectations with a string of spectacular performances after sitting out of football for a full season are quite slim-to-downright impossible. There are things to like about Garrard, but there is nothing to love.

With Moore, there is more room around the margins to work with. Age is on his side in comparison with Garrard and there is greater reason to believe he’s got untapped ability. Moore only has twenty-five starts to his entire career. A third of what Garrard has under his belt. Plus, he’s still got certain ‘win-now’ qualities about him. He inherited an 0-4 football team from Chad Henne and then went 6-6 in the remaining twelve starts.

Moore is the more flexible short-term and long-term option. Short-term, Moore can show the coaching staff what he’s got and let Philbin get a more accurate pulse. In that time, he can either impress or prove to be more of the same or fall flat on his face. If he impresses, Miami can entertain the idea of trading him and getting a return out of him before handing the franchise over to Tannehill. We’ve seen backups retrieve decent assets from quarterback-starved teams. If he proves to be more of the same, Miami has the option of competing to keep him as insurance to Tannehill. And having a great bullpen quarterback is comforting to a coach. And, if he falls on his face, Miami can still look to Garrard to right the ship.

That said, the most intriguing aspect of the Dolphins’ quarterback situation is when Tannehill gets his shot. If he’s going out there and competing and impressing coaches, there’s no reason to hold him back and stunt his development. Garrard and Moore can be solid. Tannehill can be much more than that.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta say as much as i hate chad johnson i watched hard knocks on demand and the dude is funny as hell
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Completely disagree. Just because you are explosive doesn't mean you have an advantage in terms being productive. Chad has been doing this for a while, and watching him over the years he has lost a lot of his spark, but that doesn't mean he has always been a terrible route runner. He ran a variety of different routes during the bulk of his career in with the Bengals and was good at it. Chad's problem in recent years is mostly due to self-admitted laziness and age, but that doesn't mean he was a fraud the majority of his career. You don't make six Pro Bowls and two first team All Pros at his position only because you were explosive and don't bring anything else to the table. If he was running the wrong routes half the time he wouldn't have had the career he did.
I don't know what to tell you. It's widely acknowledged that he would run the wrong routes very often. And not recognize when he's hot.

Ask Bengals fans. Or Carson Palmer. He dealt with it.

You keep saying "well he was productive so it can't be true"

A player runs around 30 routes a game. If you run 5 wrong routes out of 30, it won't hurt your production that much, but it sure as hell does not make you a good route runner.