Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
That would be alright. I'd go something like this (Pretty sure it won't end up like this):

QB - Rodgers, Harrell, Coleman (3)
RB - Starks, Green, Saine (3)
FB - Kuhn (1)
WR - Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Gurley, Borel (5)
TE - Finley, Williams, Taylor, Crabtree (4)
OT - Bulaga, Newhouse, Sherrod, Datko (4)
OG - Sitton, Lang, Dominguez (3)
C - Saturday, Dietrich-Smith (2)

DL - Raji, Worthy, Pickett, Daniels, Wilson, Guy (6)
OLB - Matthews, Perry, Jones, Moses, So'oto (5)
ILB - Bishop, Smith, Manning, Hawk (4)
CB - Williams, Woodson, House, Hayward, Shields, Bush (6)
FS - Jennings, Levine (2)
SS - Burnett, McMillian (2)

K - Crosby (1)
P - Masthay (1)
LS - Goode (1)
No way can you get rid of both Donald Driver and James Jones.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
No way can you get rid of both Donald Driver and James Jones.
Why not? (10)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Why not? (10)
Because you'd be taking two proven commodities in one of the NFLs all time best offenses and replacing them with two players that occasionally look decent in practice.... aka a perfect recipe for offensive regression. Driver and Jones are as much a lock to make the team as anyone else.

Jones is easily the best #4/#5 WR in the league and it's not really even close. Driver was an early candidate to not make it but he's been destroying corners in camp from all accounts and, again, if Jones isn't the best #4/#5 WR in the league then Driver is.

I think Gurley will make the roster but it will be as a #6 WR if he does.

There is no legit reason for the Packers to worry that much about keeping developmental WRs. Nelson and Cobb are both quite young and our future at the position. Jennings still has, what, 4 years before we need to really start worrying about a dropoff? It's much more logical to keep the very good Driver and Jones then worry about growing pains in a position we don't need to grow right now.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is apparently having a great camp, too.

At this point, I don't care about the potential of Gurley, Borel, or Moss. I like all three of those guys, but keep the best players and win another Super Bowl.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree 100% no reason to dump Jones and Driver for two unproven WRs. Jones and Driver are already pretty good themselves and have decent contracts. So the only plus is age. And only Drivers old

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 08-03-2012 at 03:01 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.co...medium=twitter

Very Interesting Article on the OL vs. DL/OLBS 1-on-1's
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only 2 hours away..... woo

Tim Masthay signed a 4 year contract extension...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WLUK really milks this whole scrimmage telecast...kinda ridiculous

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Driver has one more year in him. I don't think it's worth missing out on a potentially very good receiver for one year of production from a guy who will be the 5th receiver and will be gone next year. I'm fine with Jones staying, but only if we keep Borel and Gurley as well.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Driver implied that he has a deal with the team, and they'll sit down during the offseason and they'll mutually decide when it's time for him to retire. I don't see him being released. He'll retire as a Packer in February.

If Gurley or Borel earn a spot on the team, then they can carry fewer RBs or TEs, or something. Trading Jones is also an outside possibility, but I suspect that he's more valuable to the Packers than he would be to anybody else.

I feel SP's pain on this issue, because I love Borel's potential and Gurley is apparently an incredible kick-blocker on STs. Fitting either of those guys on the roster could be a challenge, but I'd like to see them both make it. This is another First World Packer Fan Problem.

Last edited by WCH : 08-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Yea it sucks potentially losing out on a good player... but its a good problem to have being so deep. Driver makes the most sense to dump but its Driver and hes still got it so its such a tough basically impossible move to make.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's just a scrimmage but Graham Harrell sucks...one of the top 3 when it comes to worst #2 QBs in the league

Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I'll wait and give him a few preseason games...

Did Nick Collins decide to retire? Haven't heard anything for awhile.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Whelp another year of having no confidence in Crosby. Pretty sure hes missed more then made.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Whelp another year of having no confidence in Crosby. Pretty sure hes missed more then made.
Chill out. The stadium structure is completely different now with the construction of new seating. Crosby hadn't missed a FG in camp until tonight either.

I was pretty unimpressed with the scrimmage. Nobody really stood out and the penalties are concerning.

Marshall Newhouse also got injured so hopefully thats nothing serious.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Driver & Jones are 40% of our dymamic-5 WRs.... they both would never be let go.

Jones is still young too.

I didn't get to see or read anything from tonight's event other than this here so far.... I just hope Newhouse (and everyone else) is not hurt badly.

We need Marshall, since he let Tamba Hali snap Sherrod's leg last December.

How did House & Hayward look?

OK, this is what Larry McCarren said, among other things:
4. The most active defensive player may have been Jamari Lattimore. Made a number of plays from his inside linebacker position, which is new for him. He was an OLB last season.

5. Nick Perry was more of a factor than we've seen at regular practices. Since it was never 1's vs. 1's he didn't have to go against Bryan Bulaga, who's been outstanding.

6. Jerel Worthy made perhaps his most impressive play of camp. He beat Evan Dietrich-Smith's block back and dumped the ball carrier for a loss.

7. In the battle for playing time at the right cornerback position, Sam Shields didn't help himself when Jordy Nelson beat him for a catch and then ran through his tackle attempt on the first series of the scrimmage.

8. This team doesn't have a lot of areas of genuine concern but one possibility is offensive line depth. Andrew Datko, a 7th round pick, has really struggled.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 08-03-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Driver & Jones are 40% of our dymamic-5 WRs.... they both would never be let go.

Jones is still young too.

I didn't get to see or read anything from tonight's event other than this here so far.... I just hope Newhouse (and everyone else) is not hurt badly.

We need Marshall, since he let Tamba Hali snap Sherrod's leg last December.

How did House & Hayward look?

OK, this is what Larry McCarren said, among other things:
4. The most active defensive player may have been Jamari Lattimore. Made a number of plays from his inside linebacker position, which is new for him. He was an OLB last season.

5. Nick Perry was more of a factor than we've seen at regular practices. Since it was never 1's vs. 1's he didn't have to go against Bryan Bulaga, who's been outstanding.

6. Jerel Worthy made perhaps his most impressive play of camp. He beat Evan Dietrich-Smith's block back and dumped the ball carrier for a loss.

7. In the battle for playing time at the right cornerback position, Sam Shields didn't help himself when Jordy Nelson beat him for a catch and then ran through his tackle attempt on the first series of the scrimmage.

8. This team doesn't have a lot of areas of genuine concern but one possibility is offensive line depth. Andrew Datko, a 7th round pick, has really struggled.
House was in on a few plays. Didn't notice Hayward but it wasn't a really good scrimmage in terms on identifying standouts.

Lattimore does look bigger and stronger from last year. I love our depth at ILB.

Worthy came pretty much unblocked on that play. He's got energy and plays hard. I hope he can control his emotions and not let that get to him. He's looking like a keeper though.

Perry looked alright. He got a few pressures and showed a good motor. I think the transition is still taking some time for him to get used too. Once it clicks though he has huge potential.

Datko hasn't played much the past year so I'm not expecting much out of him.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my random thoughts from family night..

A.J. Hawk looks just as terrible as last year while D.J. Smith looks like a starter with star potential and Lattimore even looks better than Hawk. I can't imagine Hawk will hold onto the starting job for long. I wouldn't be shocked if he finds himself cut at some point. Eventually the fact that all he has going for him is that he's a veteran with terrible/slow insticts and nominal athleticism will catch on to the coaches. Smith, Lattimore, Manning.. there are potential stars in waiting in that group, Hawk has plateau'd and is heading back down the mountain.. let's move on.

Worthy is an energy guy that will make some plays. Sure, he was unblocked on his TFL but he also got an amazing jump and gave no one a chance to get a block on him. He's going to be great in the Nickel. Also, Anthony Hargrove is going to be a fantastic addition later in the season. He simply owned EDS (or was it Datko?) and Saine on one play that would have been a fantastic sack.

Perry showed me some good things. He can get around the edge fast and has some moves. I noticed him dropping into coverage a few times and he looked surprisingly decent at it.

McMillian might just win that starting spot. I liked what I saw from him and his upside is higher than Jennings.

Is our 2nd string OLine THAT bad or is our DLine that much improved?

Our pass rush is going to be improved and our linebacker core could develop into one of the leagues best. I'm more concerned about our secondary at this point.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 08-04-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I agree with everything that you have said... and if we have to go another year of Hawk starting I will be so depressed. There is no way that should happen. Perry - Smith - Bishop - Matthews right now looks to be a huge improvement from what we have had. I am also very excited about our DLine and what Worthy can bring.

Also it was kind of weird seeing Davon House out there... He has got the number 31 and the hair. Guy looks like a young Al Harris, lets hope he turns out as good or better.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-05-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Meanwhile: Pro Football Weekly‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @VikingsFootball: Update: #Vikings rookie WR Greg Childs suffered a torn patellar tendon on his right and left knees last night. (1/2)
Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Worthy with a beastly practice.

I love Worthy. I have for so long. I love seeing all the positive reports so far; he is apparently a huge energy guy and has been steadily increasing his production in practice. I think it's starting to click for him.

My favorite report is the one where he was clapping and encouraging some guys when they started to brawl. Some chippiness is a great thing for a defense.

I'm still a little concerned about Perry but he's been getting a ton of 1 on 1 time and I like how he attacks the edge. So we'll see about him.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The team has signed OL Reggie Wells. We don't have much depth to speak of so I imagine he's got a shot to make the team.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As expected, the news on BIshop didn't sound encouraging

McCarthy dropped the dreaded "Knee sprain". Said it didn't look good and in addition to the knee injury he may have suffered some hamstring damage. In talking with the team doctor, he was told that it's "up in the air" whether or not it's season ending. We'll find out tomorrow. Best case scenario is that he'll likely miss some games and worst case is he's done for the season. This is a huge blow to the D. Just means more AJ Hawk on the field, which is not what this team wants.

Davon House also will be tested tomorrow. He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder and may have suffered a separated shoulder. That's another injury that could knock him out weeks.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Jarrett Boykin can stick a spot on the practice squad?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Think Jarrett Boykin can stick a spot on the practice squad?
As a Tech fan and a Packer fan I hope so.