Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm another one who benefited from Marques Colston in his rookie season. As far as this season goes, I'm big on Randall Cobb in that offense and if Locker starts in Tennessee and they are actually going to start going more of a 'Run & Shoot' offense, as is rumored, I think Jared Cook has major breakout potential.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Cobb to make a real football impact but his fantasy numbers are going o flucuate too kuch for me to start him, ever. Jennings and Finley are the only receiving options I draft. At this point, the price is too high on Nelson. You would need a repeat season from him to make it worth the pick you'd spend on him and I don't see that with Finley and Cobb assuming larger roles this year.

Another guy I like a lot is DeMarco Murray. I grabbed him as my 3rd RB in the 4th round in a PPR league (Foster, Newton, Sproles, Murray). For some reason I like the Cowboys offense a lot this year and Felix Jones has been no threat to consistent touches in Dallas due to his health.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

murray is a top 5 back this year imo
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
After Foster, Rice, and McCoy, the next 7 can shape up any way from Charles being #4 to MJD coming in around 10. Everything I base what I say is in relation to PPR leagues because that's just about the standard now, but has been primarily what Ive played the last 4 years.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I also want to throw Colston and Lloyd out there as names to remember on draft day. Colston has been a top 10 WR year in and year out but is never drafted like one. Lloyd on the other hand has his best QB of his career, safeties paying attention underneath to Gronk/Hernandez, and Welker, as well as McDaniels as OC, he was fantady's #1WR with Orton as his QB and McDaniels.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson (i think he makes a super human recovery), Richardson, Murray, Forte

I wouldnt be surprised to see foster, rice, or mccoy slip out of there either, especially foster with how good ben tate is in that offense too
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I also want to throw Colston and Lloyd out there as names to remember on draft day. Colston has been a top 10 WR year in and year out but is never drafted like one. Lloyd on the other hand has his best QB of his career, safeties paying attention underneath to Gronk/Hernandez, and Welker, as well as McDaniels as OC, he was fantady's #1WR with Orton as his QB and McDaniels.
heres my team i just drafted, my first money league...14 teams

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Trent Richardson
RB: Toby Gerhart
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Randy Moss
TE: Coby Fleener
FLEX: Emmanuel Sanders
DST: Bills
K: Hanson

B: Adrian Peterson
B: Mike Williams TB
B: Rashard Mendenhall
B: Montario Hardesty
B: Ryan Williams
B: Terrell Owens
B: Tim Tebow

Had leshoure, dropped him for owens, had stephen hill and dropped him for sanu, and had sanu and dropped him for hardesty. Hill, Gordon, and Sanu are all being closely watched by me
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
heres my team i just drafted, my first money league...14 teams

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Trent Richardson
RB: Toby Gerhart
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Lloyd
WR: Randy Moss
TE: Coby Fleener
FLEX: Emmanuel Sanders
DST: Bills
K: Hanson

B: Adrian Peterson
B: Mike Williams TB
B: Rashard Mendenhall
B: Montario Hardesty
B: Ryan Williams
B: Terrell Owens
B: Tim Tebow

Had leshoure, dropped him for owens, had stephen hill and dropped him for sanu, and had sanu and dropped him for hardesty. Hill, Gordon, and Sanu are all being closely watched by me
My strategy has always been to get a Top 5 QB because theyre more likely to finish where they're projected. Big Ben has concerns already in his reportedly torn something in his shoulder (which he played with), a sprained ankle now, and Mike Wallace still not in camp all on the heels of a new offense.

RBs are solid considering you have that elite talent in Calvin. I like Richardson a lot and see his potential but I cant count on a rookie RB to carry my team. I do however see Peterson as a steal. Mendenhall is looking like he's starting the year on the PUP so that's 6 weeks out of the gate. Ryan Williams should be the primary playmaker at RB but he's still a RBBC but I like his upside.

WRs are pretty good. Calvin is elite, Lloyd is one of my favorites this year, but Moss I don't know what to make out of. Owens as well. Good late flier guys, though. I'm down on Mike Williams a little bit but that's Freeman's fault more than his own.

Fleener is a nice TE in a 14 teamer assuming you waited out the top 7-10 before you picked him. I would have grabbed a backup in the next round or two after drafting him however.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
My strategy has always been to get a Top 5 QB because theyre more likely to finish where they're projected. Big Ben has concerns already in his reportedly torn something in his shoulder (which he played with), a sprained ankle now, and Mike Wallace still not in camp all on the heels of a new offense.

RBs are solid considering you have that elite talent in Calvin. I like Richardson a lot and see his potential but I cant count on a rookie RB to carry my team. I do however see Peterson as a steal. Mendenhall is looking like he's starting the year on the PUP so that's 6 weeks out of the gate. Ryan Williams should be the primary playmaker at RB but he's still a RBBC but I like his upside.

WRs are pretty good. Calvin is elite, Lloyd is one of my favorites this year, but Moss I don't know what to make out of. Owens as well. Good late flier guys, though. I'm down on Mike Williams a little bit but that's Freeman's fault more than his own.

Fleener is a nice TE in a 14 teamer assuming you waited out the top 7-10 before you picked him. I would have grabbed a backup in the next round or two after drafting him however.
typically i dont value QBs that high, im usually ok with a guy like fitzmagic or orton as my starter and they are usually available after the draft. I took ben cause i see him having about 4000 yards and 30 TDs under haley, dont read too much into his whininess disclosing mysterious injuries. Last year i took stafford late, it paid off im hoping for similar results from ben, if not ill find a solid starter. Tebow could score 20 TDs this year, i like him stashed.

I took fleener very late, i did the same thing with gresham a few years ago and he was solid and i had gronk his rookie year as well and won a league with him going ape **** in the finals. I refuse to take gronk or graham or finley super high when i have faith fleener is gonna put up decently big numbers, and if not i am ok with a heath miller or tony moeaki who are on my watch list on waivers.

I think sanders has as huge year in wallaces absense, probably bigger than brown...i have always been very pro brown but sanders could be the best out of all of them.

Mendenhall i expect to start on the pup, peterson not so much..maybe a game or 2 but i have gerhart who played decently well to fill in. I was very comfortable taking richardson, but picked up hardesty yesterday just in case but this surgery is super minor. Described as removing a hang nail from your knee.

I really like mike williams with vincent jackson, and im on baord with freeman bouncing back this year with schiano. Mike williams as a rookie was amazing, i think he can return to that...hes great insurance depending on moss, but by everything i see and hear about moss im super optimistic that hes there to play..its really on alex smith whether he flops or not

i went completely out of character and took calvin super high, richardson 2, and peterson all the way at 3 in a 14 person league was an amazing steal i think but i can see it working out
Old 08-09-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
typically i dont value QBs that high, im usually ok with a guy like fitzmagic or orton as my starter and they are usually available after the draft. I took ben cause i see him having about 4000 yards and 30 TDs under haley, dont read too much into his whininess disclosing mysterious injuries. Last year i took stafford late, it paid off im hoping for similar results from ben, if not ill find a solid starter. Tebow could score 20 TDs this year, i like him stashed.

I took fleener very late, i did the same thing with gresham a few years ago and he was solid and i had gronk his rookie year as well and won a league with him going ape **** in the finals. I refuse to take gronk or graham or finley super high when i have faith fleener is gonna put up decently big numbers, and if not i am ok with a heath miller or tony moeaki who are on my watch list on waivers.

I think sanders has as huge year in wallaces absense, probably bigger than brown...i have always been very pro brown but sanders could be the best out of all of them.

Mendenhall i expect to start on the pup, peterson not so much..maybe a game or 2 but i have gerhart who played decently well to fill in. I was very comfortable taking richardson, but picked up hardesty yesterday just in case but this surgery is super minor. Described as removing a hang nail from your knee.

I really like mike williams with vincent jackson, and im on baord with freeman bouncing back this year with schiano. Mike williams as a rookie was amazing, i think he can return to that...hes great insurance depending on moss, but by everything i see and hear about moss im super optimistic that hes there to play..its really on alex smith whether he flops or not

i went completely out of character and took calvin super high, richardson 2, and peterson all the way at 3 in a 14 person league was an amazing steal i think but i can see it working out
QBs value is all relative to where you take them in the draft. If you dont get an elite QB option (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton) then I like the wait and see approach and grabbing a QB like Schaub/Ben range than get stuck in that weird Rivers/Manning x2/Romo range and spend a pick there (especially in PPR, where QBs are worth less).

I took the same TE approach, picked up two high upside guys late after I saw my Graham/Gronk (only two TEs I would draft before round 9). They're elite, no question but the dropoff is huge and the numbers are comparable. I picked Fred Davis and Fleener, rotating their matchups should give me about 600 yards and 5 TDs, optimistically.

I like Trent's upside but Im curious who you passed on. I've seen Trent regarded as a top 7 overall pick, and other places, as low as the 12 RB.

Just to comment on the Mendenhall pick a little more. I don't think it was smart at all. You could have grabbed a more valuable asset to your team instead youre left with a guy whos out 6 weeks automatically coming back into a role where the job may be completely out of his reach considering how much better Redman played than hik last year. Then you have to factor in game shape and you're realistically into week 8 of a 14 week fantasy season. Seeing he's 3rd on your bench, I think its say to assume he was a 10th rounder? I really would rather have a Quizz Rodgers or Kendall Wright with the upside (going off ESPN's ADP).

Last edited by tjsunstein : 08-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i took richardson 26, the next picks were marshall, murray, graham, gore, then i took peterson 31, helu, charles, julio, sproles, aj green, colston, vick, turner, decker, bradshaw, bush

i thought long and hard about charles and bush but i decided richardson and peterson were my guys

edit: top prize in this league is $1200....heres the list of teams if you wanna take a look.

edit again: I drafted mendenhall in the 13th round. I like him stashed, redman is really quite terrible. If dwyer doesnt steal carries from him the steelers are going to be a bottom 5 rushing team the first 6 weeks. Hes an ok role player but a terrible starter. Lacks any explosion, long speed, aboility to bounce out side...ect. Sure he runs hard but that doesnt make him any better than carey davis and gary russell were for the steelers. Mendenhall, if healthy, will have no problem taking his starting role back

Last edited by K Train : 08-09-2012 at 01:53 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
i took richardson 26, the next picks were marshall, murray, graham, gore, then i took peterson 31, helu, charles, julio, sproles, aj green, colston, vick, turner, decker, bradshaw, bush

i thought long and hard about charles and bush but i decided richardson and peterson were my guys
PPR I would have taken Graham, and Sproles in hindsight in a deep league like that. Standard, I like both of your picks. I think Peterson is being underdrafted but not as much as Charles. Charles has had almost a year to recover.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Gronkowski in the second round in a few of my FF leagues last year. Everybody was like "WTF?!" and said I was crazy. Well, it turned out alright. I was lucky, I admit, since it was just because I didn't have enough info on the other guys available to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles 2 years ago, tried again last year but he got hurt, but I also got Sproles in my PPR league. This year I am putting a lot of eggs in the Demaryius Thomas basket. I think he has a lot of talent and upside, should have a full season, they should pass more in Denver, Peyton is there now and he spend time working with Megatron this offseason. He will breakout in a big way. I am willing to take him as early as round 4 or 5.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

12 man PPR

QB Peyton
Wr megatron
wr lloyd
Wr maclin
RB DMC
RB Peterson
Te Gates
Flex sprole
K Gano
D bears

Bench
Randy moss
Santana moss
Ridley
Fred Jackson
Fitzpatrick
Hightower
Fleener
Tamme

Last edited by jsagan77 : 08-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings and AP for me in a keeper league for a few years now. Still rolling with them this year. AP has been my go-to-guy in a few leagues ever since he broke into the NFL.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he can stay healthy. He was constantly banged up in college and then in the NFL that trend continued as he broke his ankle and had hamstring problems last year. Guy is way too injury prone for me.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Am I the only one who thinks DMC if he stays healthy will be the top fantasy back?
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the third overall pick in a keeper league this year. I'm thinking that I'll take Adrian Peterson if he's available. Does that make sense? I've never played in a keeper league before so I'm not sure whether or not I should build for the future.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks DMC if he stays healthy will be the top fantasy back?
He has never stayed healthy but I won't deny he has talent. I wouldn't bet on it, and I actually like Goodson as a sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I have the third overall pick in a keeper league this year. I'm thinking that I'll take Adrian Peterson if he's available. Does that make sense? I've never played in a keeper league before so I'm not sure whether or not I should build for the future.
No, not at all. You haven't seen him come back from this injury. Rice, Foster, McCoy, Rodgers are all better options. Even Calvin.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, not at all. You haven't seen him come back from this injury. Rice, Foster, McCoy, Rodgers are all better options. Even Calvin.
I think Foster and McCoy (who are my top players fwiw) will be off the board, but if one of them are there I'll take them. Calvin is intriguing, but I don't think Rodgers will be as great as he was last year. I'm also always weary of Rice for some reason.

Quote:
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think Foster and McCoy (who are my top players fwiw) will be off the board, but if one of them are there I'll take them. Calvin is intriguing, but I don't think Rodgers will be as great as he was last year. I'm also always weary of Rice for some reason.
I'm growing on Brady as far as this year's potential goes, not much seperation between him and Rodgers but both are Top 5 locks every year.

Calvin at 4 is high but you know you have the best WR in the league for tht long. I'd rather have a top two QB than him, though.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Yeah. But then again, when you look at the long term I'd rather have Rodgers than Brady. I'm not sure how long he'll play regardless of what he says. Maybe I'll just shock the world and take a defensive player...

Quote:
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've rocked Romo on I believe every fantasy team I've had for the last four years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been mentioned, but Randall Cobb is going undrafted in some leagues. It'll be tough for him to get consistent numbers considering how many receivers there are, but he should still put up some pretty darn good numbers from the slot.

Last year I took Gronkowksi in the 8th-10th round in all three of my leagues. Unfortunately, none of them were keepers.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote