Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, thank you to whoever suggested Dolphin Browser in the way beginning. It's awesome and the updates made it that much better.

You can store bookmarks as a doodle. pretty awesome. Also it's fast and clear.
They also added a voice search.

Also, I hope everyone has handcent. I downloaded it long time ago and never really used it except for group texting but yesterday i was playing with my phone and started exploring handcent more. You can customize almost any little thing to it and with the new updates you can send doodles and voice recordings.

also this:

anyways, just wanted to express my happiness with all things droid.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I missing the big fuss about this whole shared data plan? I read that you don't have to go to shared data, you can still get their tiered data plans as well.

And I'm also realizing that unlimited data is very overrated. I have unlimited data on my phone and I use 250 MB this month. That's it. Bc I'm never using 3G, when I'm home I'm on WIFI, and when I'm not home and need to use data, I either

A) Never use my phone bc I'm too busy working
B) Use the work wireless network
C) Use Cablevision's Optimum WIFI which is free for all cablevision users and has great WIFI access in the greater NYC area

So basically, I don't use much data at all bc I'm always able to get WIFI.

So what am I missing? Am I missing the bigger picture here or should I not be worried about them trying to cap my data?

Bc where I'm standing, I really don't care. I'm not gonna get sucked into buying a phone just to keep unlimited data, and they're not gonna trick me into buying a phone full price just to keep unlimited data.

Bc unlimited data is very overrated from where I'm standing.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to leave my family's plan because I am still on the truly unlimited data, but I just found out that if I want to use the crazy discounted prices for phone upgrades, I have to move to the 2GB plan. Good thing I got that Galazy Nexus.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, how do you use so much data? Don't you have wifi at home?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4g makes me so happy.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I always thought 4g and wifi were pretty much the same speed.

I've used my brother's 4g phone and it seems about the same speed as wifi to me.

*shrug*
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Hmmm interesting. I guess for my individual situation, it doesn't matter but for most people, this screws them pretty hard.

My next question is, how much longer do we expect unlimited data to last? Bc I would assume it's only a matter of time before every carrier just says screw it, you can't have it anymore. Upgrade to our new plans when you change phones or keep your current phone forever.

I mean...what could stop them from doing that? I just a feeling that unlimited data won't be around much longer, maybe another 2 years and that's it.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I broke my Galaxy Nexus on Friday (Thank God I have the Geek Squad Black Tie) and I was forced to use my old Samsung Fascinate. I have never missed my phone so much. ICS is soooo much better than anything pre 4.0.

Now I cannot wait for Jelly Bean to roll out!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I bought the 16gb Nexus 7, will update with thoughts when it shows up.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I bought the 16gb Nexus 7, will update with thoughts when it shows up.
Was thinking about getting the cheaper 8 gig version. So I will be upset if you do not deliver said update.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Was thinking about getting the cheaper 8 gig version. So I will be upset if you do not deliver said update.
I got 16gb because I will be using it more for a media device for when I travel for work. I guess it depends on what you want to do. I was going to load several films or TV shows on it.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simple question maybe for thunderbolt users or others .

I want to maybe root my Thunderbolt(Not upgrading phone so I don't lose my unlimited plan like some) I was curious if I was to root my phone would that unlock my mobile hot spot and use it for free by find a app that unlock it ?

One more , are other phones like Droid or Samsung using the mobile hot spot for free unlike HTC phones charge for it ..
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Nexus 7 16GB. I love it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Simple question maybe for thunderbolt users or others .

I want to maybe root my Thunderbolt(Not upgrading phone so I don't lose my unlimited plan like some) I was curious if I was to root my phone would that unlock my mobile hot spot and use it for free by find a app that unlock it ?

One more , are other phones like Droid or Samsung using the mobile hot spot for free unlike HTC phones charge for it ..
i'm curious about this as well for my galaxy nexus.

Also, i'm in the same boat as NJX. I travel frequently and i use anywhere from 2GB to 15GB per month. It all depends on how much i'm travelling. A shared data plan just wouldn't work for me. I guess i'm going to be either buying my phones used or paying full price for them *sighs*

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I guess i'm going to be either buying my phones used or paying full price for them *sighs*
Yeah, Verizon told me that if I want to keep my old plan of truly unlimited data, I cannot buy a phone with their discount, it has to be full price. I would say that sucks, but I just got the Galaxy Nexus this year and by the time it's going to be upgraded, $400-600 for a phone that will last 3 years isn't all that bad.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah, Verizon told me that if I want to keep my old plan of truly unlimited data, I cannot buy a phone with their discount, it has to be full price. I would say that sucks, but I just got the Galaxy Nexus this year and by the time it's going to be upgraded, $400-600 for a phone that will last 3 years isn't all that bad.
Losing unlimited data would suck especially since you can now use tethering apps to provide wifi to your tablet and laptop.

FoxFi is a good one for anyone looking... and you don't have to root.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mom just discovered that Swype is a thing and now she is willing to upgrade from her Blackberry finally. Thank god man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FoxFi is a good one for anyone looking... and you don't have to root.
ohhhh, i'm going to have to try this. how long before verizon removes it from the play store? over/under 1 month?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Okay, I got my Nexus 7 today. I just got done messing with the settings to make it similar to my phone, but I need it to charge up so I can do the system update. Once that is done, I am going to put some HD movies on it and see how they look.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting galaxy s iii

first smart phone since 2007, i've been rocking a treo 700wx since now.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm reading up on the nexus 7 now...seriously considering buying one. Other than google music (which failed miserably for me), is there any way you can store videos and pictures and what not on a cloud of some sort? I read that the nexus 7 only has up to 16gb and no expandable storage. I don't want to buy it if this is the case. I'd go for the asus that cain has.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I'm reading up on the nexus 7 now...seriously considering buying one. Other than google music (which failed miserably for me), is there any way you can store videos and pictures and what not on a cloud of some sort? I read that the nexus 7 only has up to 16gb and no expandable storage. I don't want to buy it if this is the case. I'd go for the asus that cain has.
Just like with the Galaxy Nexus, the moment you connect to your computer, it reads it like a hard drive. I loaded a couple .avi files on there, had to find a player for it (using Moboplayer) which plays them just fine. Will try HD movie once I copy it over.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

i guess i just don't like the idea of constantly plugging it into my laptop to put stuff that I want on it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i guess i just don't like the idea of constantly plugging it into my laptop to put stuff that I want on it.
In theory you could get stuff from the Play store movie wise... Or find a cloud system that would allow you to download it directly.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't like Google Music?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote