Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-12-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knew I was forgetting a OT. Brewer over McCants on my list

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Knew I was forgetting a OT. Brewer over McCants on my list
You also forgot Michael Boley I see.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here i my current roster predictions

Offense -25

QB (2): Manning, Carr

RB (4): Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott

FB (1): Hynoski

WR (6): Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon

TE (3): Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson

OT (4): Beatty, Diehl, Brewer, Locklear

OG (4): Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Mosley

C (1): Baas

Defense - 25

DE (4): Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Tracy

DT (4): Joseph, Rogers, Bernard, Austin

LB (7): Kiwanuka, Boley, Herzlich, Rivers, Williams, Jones, Paysinger

CB (6): Webster, Prince, Thomas, Coe, Hosley, Tryon

S (4): Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash

Special Teams - 3

K (1): Tynes

P (1): Weatherford

LS (1)): DeOssie

PUP (3) - Canty, Beckum, Sintim
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to all the guys who wrote extensive summaries on here! It really helped me, seeing as there's no way to watch the game anymore for me, and I missed it!

Sounds like some of our younger guys played well, I'm so happy to hear that! Our O-line sounds like a position of concern though, and that's not good...

Can't wait to watch the next game for myself, and make up my own opinions as well!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

DT (4): Joseph, Rogers, Bernard, Austin

LB (7): Kiwanuka, Boley, Herzlich, Rivers, Williams, Jones, Paysinger
Personally I think we sacrifice a LB or DT to save someone else somewhere. Maybe a WR. No need for 4 DTs in my mind. Especially since we'll play 3 or 4 DEs a probably half our defensive snaps. And Kiwi will be on the line in some situations as well.

Also isn't there a new designated IR player? One player that you can put on IR and take him off. I think we do that with Thomas to open a spot for the first 6 weeks or so.

Edit: Actually it's not approved yet, but could be any day now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...on-new-ir-rule

Last edited by Jughead10 : 08-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only 3 DT's? That sounds like a terrible idea Jug even though Canty is PUP'd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's four DTs and when we go NASCAR we move JPP and Tuck inside. So that's like adding two more DTs in. Still that depth worries me. Rocky B and Rogers are old, and Austin is still an unknown. Canty is on PUP and will come back from an injury, leaving Joseph as the proven main guy. I am not sure I like that at all. It all depends on where that roster spot goes to. WR? CB? RB? What do we do with that roster spot?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that spot should go to a CB, i'm a big fan of CB depth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You also forgot Michael Boley I see.
Updated mine by cutting Jones and McCants for Brewer and Boley

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is, we have some hard cuts to make. I can see Doughlas, Paysinger, DePalma, and 1 of our RBs (probably Brown) not making the team.

McCants probably is PS. Beckum probably saw his last day as a Giant, he'll go on PUP but I don't know if we keep him after he comes off the pup.

I want Kuhn to stick, which would mean either Bernard or Rogers has to go.

It's tough. We'll have some tough cuts. I can see us letting go of 3 to 4 quality players that belong on a 53 man roster.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By all accounts Kuhn is still raw as a player. I bet he gets kicked to the PS for the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will depend on how much he develops over the next 3 weeks. If he plays well enough that we don't want to risk losing him on the PS, then he might stick on the 53.

Either way, we have some tough cuts to make.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we keep 4 RBs then, which would be. Bradshaw, Ware, Wilson and Scott? Is that right?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think we only keep 3. I'm guessing Scott is gone.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think we only keep 3. I'm guessing Scott is gone.
SO you're going to keep 2 injury prone RBs and rookie to an already bad running game? LOL.

One keys ankles are not kosher, and the other veteran is Mr. concussion! Factor in a rookie and we may need 1 more person though.

I can see Barden or even JJ get cut if they can't get their game up. Not sure I want JJ handling punts. Plus Hixon has to prove he can stay healthy. Not playing due to injury isn't going to save a spot for you no matter how solid he is at special teams.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
SO you're going to keep 2 injury prone RBs and rookie to an already bad running game? LOL.

One keys ankles are not kosher, and the other veteran is Mr. concussion! Factor in a rookie and we may need 1 more person though.

I can see Barden or even JJ get cut if they can't get their game up. Not sure I want JJ handling punts. Plus Hixon has to prove he can stay healthy. Not playing due to injury isn't going to save a spot for you no matter how solid he is at special teams.
Yes. We've done it before. We had Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ware.

This time we'll have Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson. What's the point of keeping Scott? I rather keep an extra DB or DL. Or even LB.

Unless Scott tears up the PS, we should let him go to the PS. I won't cry over losing Scott if we do. RBs are a dime a dozen.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes. We've done it before. We had Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ware.

This time we'll have Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson. What's the point of keeping Scott? I rather keep an extra DB or DL. Or even LB.

Unless Scott tears up the PS, we should let him go to the PS. I won't cry over losing Scott if we do. RBs are a dime a dozen.
And all 3 have gotten hurt throughout the season. I like the potential Scott has or would like to develop it. But truthfully, would rather keep an extra WR. I would really like to investigate and develop Douglas over Scott if it came down to it. JJ and Barden would need to step it up.

I do want to keep an extra RB just in case. It worries me that we have 2 injury prone guys and a rookie back there.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
And all 3 have gotten hurt throughout the season. I like the potential Scott has or would like to develop it. But truthfully, would rather keep an extra WR. I would really like to investigate and develop Douglas over Scott if it came down to it. JJ and Barden would need to step it up.

I do want to keep an extra RB just in case. It worries me that we have 2 injury prone guys and a rookie back there.
That's the problem. We're a passing team now, and rightfully so. I rather keep the extra WR, or even an extra DT or LB.

We shouldn't keep too many RBs when we won't run as much as we used to. 3 is enough.

If one goes down, you still have 2 in the stable. If 2 goes down, just throw more. RBs aren't that valuable.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That's the problem. We're a passing team now, and rightfully so. I rather keep the extra WR, or even an extra DT or LB.

We shouldn't keep too many RBs when we won't run as much as we used to. 3 is enough.

If one goes down, you still have 2 in the stable. If 2 goes down, just throw more. RBs aren't that valuable.
Fine by me, but then I hate that balance BS we preach, and we try to run when we stink at it. I am waiting for us to do what the Brees and Stafford did and throw 650 plus times. Last year, I felt like we ran just for the sake of balance or running the ball. If it's not there we shouldn't be afraid to let it fly and keep doing that.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you rate Gilbride's running/blocking concepts, NYG? Is that a factor in our lack of productivity in the run game, in addition to the poor blocking we had in general caused by the players?

I'm curious. I've never really heard too much talk about our running play concepts.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Coughlin will never give up the run to sell out on the pass.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Fine by me, but then I hate that balance BS we preach, and we try to run when we stink at it. I am waiting for us to do what the Brees and Stafford did and throw 650 plus times. Last year, I felt like we ran just for the sake of balance or running the ball. If it's not there we shouldn't be afraid to let it fly and keep doing that.
In a perfect world, I'd love balance. I'd love to be a running team again. Bc when you can run the ball it shortens the game, and you have less risk of hurting Eli. The less drop backs, the less chance of injury to our franchise qb right?

But realistically, we're just not a good running team. Our OL is a pass blocking OL now, and our RB stable is mediocre. It's just not there anymore. So a 60/40 ratio towards the pass is probably the better route. If we suck at running like last year, then it should be 70/30.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
How do you rate Gilbride's running/blocking concepts, NYG? Is that a factor in our lack of productivity in the run game, in addition to the poor blocking we had in general caused by the players?

I'm curious. I've never really heard too much talk about our running play concepts.
No, his concepts are fine. On scale of creativity, I'd say average. I have seen beautifully designed running plays from other teams. But ours is good, I can't complain about that. Our OL talent is what helped us, so we would run the same concepts and do it well.

We have ran, or run:

ISO
LEAD
TOSS
Zone
POWER
Center
POWER G with a counter step
I think I have maybe seen trap or end trap as well.
DRAW

So we do have a variety of concepts we run. Due to the OL getting older and injuries, it really hurts the effectiveness of the concepts we are used to running with success.

I used to really map the running concepts in my game breakdowns. I had a passing section and running plays mapped out. I haven't done a game break down for a bunch of years now, but I haven't seen any new concepts really quickly. This year I will take a closer look, but it appears the same. Nothing fancy or off the wall.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're not going to run 70/30. At worst it will probably be 65/35 which is fine if the run game doesn't develop back into at least average.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Coughlin will never give up the run to sell out on the pass.
Well that theory, as a stand alone theory, I understand, but like last year when your running game is getting 0 or negative yards, then you have to do what you gotta do. Look at the Lions, they had running issues, they put the game on Stafford's arm. 650 plus passing attempts.

I am saying is if the running game works and is effective, cool, ride it out. If not, don't run just for the sake of it, even when it's ineffective. That I can't stand! If that's the case, just punt the damn ball back to them, right then and there.