Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's just the threat of the running game even if you're not successful with it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run blocking concepts are overrated. It doesn't need to be fancy. Repetition and execution is what's important. As long as they can perfect the concepts they run, that's all that matters. More concepts will just confuse our OL and they won't master any of them.

Look at Lombardi's Packers. They just ran the sweep all day. But they perfected it.

Run blocking is all about putting a hat on a hat. How you do that doesn't really matter. The blocking concepts should reflect the athleticism of your OL. If you have a big OL you should run more power concepts, if you have a light OL you should run more ZBS, if you have athletic Gs you can pull more etc.

But it doesn't really matter. Whatever you run, just practice it to death and try to perfect the assigments. Run blocking is all about repetition.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We're not going to run 70/30. At worst it will probably be 65/35 which is fine if the run game doesn't develop back into at least average.
I know we won't. We're going to be balanced no matter what. Again, I'd love for us to be a running team again and I understand why he wants to establish the run.

But I don't think we have the talent to do it the way he wants to do it. I think at best we'll be a middle of the pack run team. Which is fine, considering we should have a great passing attack.

But I do miss the days like 08 when we just ran it down everyone's throat.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

espn NY is reporting that we have waived S Janzen Jackson.

It is still well before we need to start making cuts, so are we bringing in another body? If we do the obvious place seems to be the Oline.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping we take a look at former packers OT Chad Clifton
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB:Manning, Carr
RB:Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott
FB:Hynoski
WR:Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan
TE:Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
T:Diehl, Beatty, Locklear, Brewer
G:Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Mosley
C:Baas

DE:Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tracy
DT:Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin, Hendricks/Bernard
LB:Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, JWill, Herzlich, Blackburn, Jones
CB:Webster, Prince, Hosley, Coe, Tryon
S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash

K:Tynes
P:Weatherford
LS:DeOssie

PUP: Beckum, Sintim? (if not he's cut)

IR:Thomas

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like Coughlin really loves Hendricks. I almost want to put him in lock territory.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sounds like Coughlin really loves Hendricks. I almost want to put him in lock territory.
well i am not surprised, i haven't read/listened to Coughlins comments, but I liked what I saw from his 2nd team and some 3rd team snaps. I don't know what we do at DT, but Bernard is probably the guy id cut.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
well i am not surprised, i haven't read/listened to Coughlins comments, but I liked what I saw from his 2nd team and some 3rd team snaps. I don't know what we do at DT, but Bernard is probably the guy id cut.
I had high hopes for Rogers on this team because he didn't have to be the man anymore but he was non existent Friday and now he's hurt. He might be the cut. I'll try and find the Hendricks quote from Coughlin but I've never heard Coach say such good things about a younger player like this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-12-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Here it is from earlier today:

Quote:
DT Dwayne Hendricks: "Anybody that goes against Dwayne Hendricks, he’s going full speed every play ok? So if you’re foolish enough to think he’s not gonna make you look bad you’re ridiculous. So he goes out and plays the game just like he practices. He did very well for himself.'' Hendricks had 2 sacks vs. Jaguars. #nyg

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, TC never rants and raves about a young kid like that, but it was obvious how well he played. he stood out big time and was EVERYWHERE. kid could be really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wow, TC never rants and raves about a young kid like that, but it was obvious how well he played. he stood out big time and was EVERYWHERE. kid could be really good
Yeah I was really surprised that TC said that. Maybe he's getting softer as he ages. Anyway hopefully the rich get richer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah he did have a great day. I had no idea Coughlin was that high on him though.

I wanted to hold of on talking about him until he put 2 games together. But so far so good.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hakeem Nicks has passed his physical and will come of the PUP list. He'll be limited though for the first few days.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

- Shaun Rogers has a blood clot in his leg
- Marvin Austin now has an injured back
- Justin Trattou will be out several more weeks

Looks like the 2 of the final spots might go to Tracy and Hendricks with this news.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-14-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like the players believe this is a bed issue. Huge men sleeping in twin beds.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds like the players believe this is a bed issue. Huge men sleeping in twin beds.
i can relate to this, never had back issues until going to college and sleeping on a twin spring bed with a few springs in the middle broken i thought.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't know. I've never heard of any complaints before.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Rogers is out for the season so that is sad. However now I have a spot for Dewayne Hendricks on my 53 man roster yay lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let's hope the Austin news isn't as bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-14-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Shaun Rogers is out for the season so that is sad. However now I have a spot for Dewayne Hendricks on my 53 man roster yay lol.
I personally never thought he was going to make this team anyway.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should move TC to our facility like we did last season after the lockout. Players can sleep at home or a hotel AND when it rains you go inside and still save your padded practice rather than potentially losing it due to rain and wet fields.

I think going to Albany should be changed and they should use our own facilities for TC.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The only important one is Austin. The rest were meh anyway.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
They should move TC to our facility like we did last season after the lockout. Players can sleep at home or a hotel AND when it rains you go inside and still save your padded practice rather than potentially losing it due to rain and wet fields.

I think going to Albany should be changed and they should use our own facilities for TC.
That would be unpopular with the fans who enjoy going to training camp every year. Also the coaches like the team building aspect of having everyone be together for 4 weeks.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That would be unpopular with the fans who enjoy going to training camp every year. Also the coaches like the team building aspect of having everyone be together for 4 weeks.
there are stands outside the facility and i went last year twice, its not as open as albany probably but you can still go and watch.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote: