Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I could say the same thing about Buffalo, though on a smaller scale. I'm sure plenty of players fall in love with the area once they've been there, but it's not an attractive pull.
True, but the Red Wings still can play the "Original Six" angle and the 4 recent Stanley Cups, etc. I just don't accept this failure to bring in an impact player despite having 24 million dollars this summer, especially now that I've seen a player like Alex Semin was willing to sign for one year.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Maybe semin really wanted to stay in the southeast so he can play the caps 6 times a year, without Semin coming out and saying exactly why he signed in carolina its impossible to know the reason's he choose there.

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
Maybe semin really wanted to stay in the southeast so he can play the caps 6 times a year, without Semin coming out and saying exactly why he signed in carolina its impossible to know the reason's he choose there.
Not necessary. I know damn well Ken Holland didn't make an offer that high.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda late, but I gotta say I love the Semin deal for the Canes. A no-risk move for a team who has positioned themselves as a solid playoff team in the East. With a goalie capable of getting hot like Cam Ward, I see the Canes being a legit darkhorse
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Kinda late, but I gotta say I love the Semin deal for the Canes. A no-risk move for a team who has positioned themselves as a solid playoff team in the East. With a goalie capable of getting hot like Cam Ward, I see the Canes being a legit darkhorse
They're not a darkhorse at this point. A lot of people are hyping Carolina for next season
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alffy is officially coming back. Could be cool.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would post his GWG against Buffalo to send Ottawa to the Cup but I know you'd only counter with Pominville walking around him.

So instead I will post what is possibly the greatest video ever:

http://video.thescore.com/watch/alfie-rises-trailer-1
Old 07-31-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, that was pretty cool.

Kaleta signs for 3 more years of turtling and reputation charging calls.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Xio. Holland has really messed up the past 2 summers. I just hope that some of the wings' prospects develop into impact players. (Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Frk, Almquist, etc.)
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Andrej Meszaros tears his Achilles. Ouchtown, Philly defense.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I agree with Xio. Holland has really messed up the past 2 summers. I just hope that some of the wings' prospects develop into impact players. (Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Frk, Almquist, etc.)
You guys need to stop getting my hopes up. I'd absolutely love to see Detroit struggle and spend a few years picking in the top 5-10.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You guys need to stop getting my hopes up. I'd absolutely love to see Detroit struggle and spend a few years picking in the top 5-10.
When the Wings inevitably fall out of the playoffs, they'll be in that unenviable spot where they're not bad enough to get a Top 5 pick, but not good enough to contend.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
When the Wings inevitably fall out of the playoffs, they'll be in that unenviable spot where they're not bad enough to get a Top 5 pick, but not good enough to contend.
You're seriously giving me wood here, stop it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Oh, I know that place well.

Good thing we can still snag studs like Grigorenkensons and Myers from it.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Skinner got paid rather handsomely.

I really hope Doan goes to Nashville. Would be so cool. Beautiful fit and helps to further settle their competitive relevance.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Skinner with the two Staals on the PP this year. GODDAMNIT MAKE IT HAPPEN.

and ya, Doan to Nashville would be sweet. I wonder if the King have enough money for him. I could see that working out. Carter-Richards-Doan would be sexy.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I want to see Skinner with the two Staals on the PP this year. GODDAMNIT MAKE IT HAPPEN.

and ya, Doan to Nashville would be sweet. I wonder if the King have enough money for him. I could see that working out. Carter-Richards-Doan would be sexy.
And where do you put the 7 million-dollar Semin?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Skinner could play the point on the PP if they wanted to put Semin up there with the Staals? Between Skinner, the Staals, and Semin, Skinner is the only one I could see being up there.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Armia is going to be amazing that's all.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Joel Armia is going to be amazing that's all.
True story.

He seemed to not blow anybody away at the junior evaluation camp in Lake Placid last week, but it's not like I actually saw any of that. Got a decent look at him at our prospect camp last month. Tries a lot of stuff that he probably shouldn't. Just bad giveaway plays that leave him way behind. Such is youth. Certainly doesn't mind shooting the puck. He's also a ******* bull in 1-on-1 matchups and you will not beat him on the boards.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

kk...now that the summer olympics is over....we can start thinking about olympic hockey again.

Im gonna go fap to the thought of team canadas forwards (and then curl up into a ball and cry at the thought of their goaltending).
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I love the potential USA team, but even with their speed they just never do well in Europe. Still fapping.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Hopefully JT and Eberle make the team and play on the same line. It would force all other teams to forfeit.

(also...if Sid,Giroux and Stammer are every on the ice together)
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Uh oh .... http://www.nesn.com/2012/08/report-n...-increase.html

This lockout is gonna happen, folks. ************
Old 08-13-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on the Nathan MacKinnon sweepstakes, then!

This way the Leafs can be rewarded for being terrible and we won't embarrass ourselves again. Win-win.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote