Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Andrew Luck 24 36.36%
Brandon Weeden 3 4.55%
David Wilson 0 0%
Doug Martin 5 7.58%
Justin Blackmon 1 1.52%
Kendall Wright 0 0%
Michael Floyd 0 0%
Robert Griffin III 14 21.21%
Stephen Hill 0 0%
Trent Richardson 19 28.79%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen and superior pro prospects compared to Fred Davis/Chris Cooley/Niles Paul.

You're talking about the top 2 TEs in the previous draft, including the fact that Fleener and Luck have had a mind meld for three years.

It's still all about Andrew Luck, but we're talking TEs here, not rookie WRs. Generally speaking the transition to the pro game and their ability to have an immediate impact is much higher for TEs than it is for most offensive skill positions, excluding RBs.

You know you'd trade Cooley/Paul/Davis for Fleener/Allen straight up and run like hell cause you got away with grand larceny!!lol
So, have either made the pro bowl or had a 900 yard season? You're assuming that they'll be good because they were descently high draft picks. I don't disagree, I feel they will be, but it doesn't mean that's what's going to happen.

Right now I'd take Fred and Cooley, building a franchise I'd take the other two.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taking a stab in the dark, I think Doug Martin has a shot.

He'll be Tampa's primary ball carrier and probably biggest offensive weapon.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

I like Martin's chances as well.

Overall though, if either Luck or RG3 have relatively good seasons it will be between them.

Other than that, it's tough for any other player to win the award unless the team has some relative success.

If Richardson or Martin rush for 1200 yards and 10 TDs but their respective teams get 4 or 5 wins then they are automatically at a disadvantage.

In that case I like Kendall Wright. I think he can be a real big play threat for the Titans who should be in and around 8 or 9 wins

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trent Richardson would have to rush for over 1250 yards and/or 12 TDs IMO to beat out a rookie QB for OROTY.

RGIII is going to have more Sportscenter highlights than any of the other rookies, he's the safe pick for the award.

But I do think people are underrating Luck going into the season even though he leads this poll.

With Fleener and Dwayne Allen, I could see Luck easily passing for 3500yds/65%completions/26 TDs and 17 INTs.

Luck could have the best set of pass catching TEs after NE and Detroit.
I think the Colts pair of TEs will be surpassing all but NE's TE pair very soon. And given some time, could even surpass NE's duo. Allen has drawn huge praise in camp, and Fleener is already viewed as a huge mismatch TE with his size/speed.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Smart man, Martin has been taking the bulk of the first team carries all camp long. Plus all Schiano talks about is pounding the ball & establishing the run game. Plus with the addition of Carl Nicks i wouldn't be surprised if Martin has a better stat line then Richardson..

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Quick will win OROY
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Brian Quick will win OROY
Why are you the way that you are?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard brian quick is struggling quite a bit, which isnt really surprising
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i heard brian quick is struggling quite a bit, which isnt really surprising
No, that is incorrect. He is making all of the usual rookie mistakes but has taken to coaching very well, and has actually drawn praise for his ability to make the necessary corrections to his game.

With the logjam at the WR position, Quick's problem will be getting enough snaps early in the year.

I do, however, expect him to be starting and contributing later in the year. Alas, probably too late to amass sufficient numbers for OROY consideration.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Trent is gonna take it. He is just the perfect RB. I expect 1200 yards and 10 TDs
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
No, that is incorrect. He is making all of the usual rookie mistakes but has taken to coaching very well, and has actually drawn praise for his ability to make the necessary corrections to his game.

With the logjam at the WR position, Quick's problem will be getting enough snaps early in the year.

I do, however, expect him to be starting and contributing later in the year. Alas, probably too late to amass sufficient numbers for OROY consideration.
if he cant bust through that "log jam" id say hes struggling, thats the weakest log jam in the league. reports just say hes being inconsistent, which isnt saying he cant contribute this year or that he will be a bust...its saying that appalacian state to the NFL (even if it is the rams) is just as big of a jump as everyone already expected. not saying they should have taken hill, jeffrey, or randle (even though they probably should have) but all he is right now is an intriguing story to watch develop, early contributor...probably not
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson might be going for another knee scope. That would sideline him for at least two weeks...

This looks like Luck all the way unless Bradshaw goes down or Weeden plays out of his mind.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Why are you the way that you are?

How am I ?

Also, Quick is getting better every practice. Imagine Bradford with a 6'5 220 lb WR that can run, leap, catch ? Bradford almost turned Mark Clayton into a pro bowler if Clayton would have stayed healthy.

Quick looks like a Denario Alexander with good knees.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3 wins this award handily, with Luck making it somewhat interesting. Doug Martin would be the sleeper selection here, I suppose....
RaiderDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have another candidate for OROY; it's a rookie kicker named Greg Zuerlien.

This dude has been hitting field goals from 60+ yards all training camp and he has been all but handed the job at this point. He already has a nickname, Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein. Kinda catchy, no?

If he can hit a bunch of 50+ yarders this year and maybe a game winner or two, he will be in the mix and could just as well pull it off.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll guess Luck for the award. The guy has all the skills needed to excel and is less likely to experience injury issues than either Richardson or RG3.

The nature of a 16 game schedule on a rookie RB, even one built as solidly as Richardson, can take its toll. Add in that defenses will likely play to stop the run first and I have to put him behind Luck.

RG3 is a sleek athlete. He will make some great throws, and some great runs. However, just like Vick, he's more likely to be an injury risk. Add in the fact that he's making a more difficult conversion to the pro style offense and I think Luck is the safer pick.

Given that Martin and Wilson will be in committee backfields, they are a long shot.

Give me Luck and enjoy the ride.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck or RGIII, otherwise you're thinking too much.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
How am I ?

Also, Quick is getting better every practice. Imagine Bradford with a 6'5 220 lb WR that can run, leap, catch ? Bradford almost turned Mark Clayton into a pro bowler if Clayton would have stayed healthy.

Quick looks like a Denario Alexander with good knees.
Bradford should turn himself into a pro bowler before he thinks about turning others into one, hahahah.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen and superior pro prospects compared to Fred Davis/Chris Cooley/Niles Paul.

You're talking about the top 2 TEs in the previous draft, including the fact that Fleener and Luck have had a mind meld for three years.

It's still all about Andrew Luck, but we're talking TEs here, not rookie WRs. Generally speaking the transition to the pro game and their ability to have an immediate impact is much higher for TEs than it is for most offensive skill positions, excluding RBs.

You know you'd trade Cooley/Paul/Davis for Fleener/Allen straight up and run like hell cause you got away with grand larceny!!lol
The thing is Cooley and Davis have proven themselves to be good pro tight ends. Fleener and Allen were good prospects. Let's let them play a few downs in the NFL before crowning them as one of the best tight end sets...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote