Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Trout
Mike Trout
Mike Trout

Miggy doesn't crack my top 3.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I didn't include trout over miggy yet, but some def could.

Out of Votto, Trout, Kemp,Braun, and Joey Bats you could make a case that miggy isn't top 3.

SO SUCK IT.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Ya, I didn't include trout over miggy yet, but some def could.

Out of Votto, Trout, Kemp,Braun, and Joey Bats you could make a case that miggy isn't top 3.

SO SUCK IT.
At no point has Braun ever been a better hitter than Cabby, and Kemp has never been either except the small sample size for this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if Votto had someone who was a real clean up hitter behind him...or you know, someone who could get on base ahead of him...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
At no point has Braun ever been a better hitter than Cabby, and Kemp has never been either except the small sample size for this year.
so you're saying Votto, Trout and Bautista

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so you're saying Votto, Trout and Bautista

Eh, I conceded to Votto, Bats maybe, and Trout it's too early so I didn't bother to address it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You could make the argument that Kemp, Bautista and Votto are all better than Miggy.

I'd say he is def top 5. It just isnt as clear cut as you guys are making it out to be.

Edit- I also forgot about Braun. There are some damn good hitters out there.
Kemp may provide better value due to position and ability to steal, but solely based off the bats, hell no. And no to Braun also.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bats isnt close to type of pure hitter than Miggy is.

Right now I go

1) Miggy
2) Votto
3) Kemp

Personal opinion, but I have Miggy on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Bats isnt close to type of pure hitter than Miggy is.

Right now I go

1) Miggy
2) Votto
3) Kemp

Personal opinion, but I have Miggy on top.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh he is?

The guy has hit over .260 one time in his career.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Votto's HR against Moyer.
http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader...ile=votto2.gif
******* thing

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Oh he is?

The guy has hit over .260 one time in his career.
Batting average. YAY.

I'd say Derek Jeter is actually the best hitter in baseball his team gets the most wins and championships.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

****, I forgot I cant use batting average when talking about modern day baseball.

You must be canadian if you honestly believe that Bats is a better hitter than Miggy.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I already got in a debate like this about Tony Gwynn the other day, but Bats and Cabby are neck and neck to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Ron
Rookie

Id say its a coin toss when comparing Bautista and Miggy, but to say Bats isn't close is facepalm worthy.
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
****, I forgot I cant use batting average when talking about modern day baseball.

You must be canadian if you honestly believe that Bats is a better hitter than Miggy.
Dont bring Joey into that argument

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Dont bring Joey into that argument
Votto is my number 2. I'm just saying if this guy thinks Bats is a better hitter he has to be Canadian, or a Jays fan....and well, only Canadians are Jays fans.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Brodeur seems to agree with me and he isnt a Jays fan.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Votto is my number 2. I'm just saying if this guy thinks Bats is a better hitter he has to be Canadian, or a Jays fan....and well, only Canadians are Jays fans.
Votto is my #1. In baseball and in my heart.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-14-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Brodeur seems to agree with me and he isnt a Jays fan.
Well, he might be out of his mind too. Considering he sees Miggy everyday it surprises me that he thinks that.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Batting average. YAY.
You cannot be serious. You're going to dismiss batting average in an argument about who's the best hitter? I get that it's not a great stat to use for MVP and that type of stuff, but batting average is absolutely relevant when arguing who's the best hitter.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
You cannot be serious. You're going to dismiss batting average in an argument about who's the best hitter? I get that it's not a great stat to use for MVP and that type of stuff, but batting average is absolutely relevant when arguing who's the best hitter.
And you are dismissing wins and championships? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

PS. Use OPS instead of BA.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you are dismissing wins and championships? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.

PS. Use OPS instead of BA.
None of that is relevant for determining the best hitter. I'm fully aware of OPS, but on base percentage is no factor for best hitter. Now, If the question was best offensive player you'd have a point.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

One time in his career his OPS has been higher than Miggy's. Never hit for a better average, Miggy drives in more runs....the only thing Bats has on him is jacks.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
None of that is relevant for determining the best hitter. I'm fully aware of OPS, but on base percentage is no factor for best hitter. Now, If the question was best offensive player you'd have a point.

What da fuq?

How is plate discipline not part of hitting?