Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the original LBP, played that one with my wife. I thought it was a little too disjointed though. Especially once you start in with the community-created levels. Never played LBP2.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying LBP.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomorrow PS+ update.

I'm a little disappointed since this is my first update as a PS+ member and I all ready have TWD and Outland.

That said if you don't have Outland all ready I highly recommend it.

I think I will give Bloodrayne Betrayal a try.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/...tends_to _1gb

Quote:
Sony announced that it's increasing PlayStation Plus' cloud storage capacity to 1GB during its GamesCom 2012 press conference earlier today. The confirmation – which was met by rapturous applause by the attending audience – adds another feather to the premium service’s already rather compelling cap.

The initiative's cloud storage previously capped at 150MB.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats good news as mine is maxed out and most of the saves dont take up much room.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just pre-ordered the GOW Saga. I have never played any of them but have always wanted to, so this deal was to good to pass up.

I'm debating where to start? The first one or the Origins Collection. I'm leaning towards just starting with 1-3 since you have to download the Origins Collection and I'm not going to want to wait.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd always say start with the first one, but im not sure if its a ongoing story.

So do you think Little Big planet is a tough game? I know im horrible at the platforming type games but I die a ton lol. Its easy at first but as it goes on Im having trouble on the chapters. I think since it seems like a kids game im ashamed to admit that
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

LBP does start to get pretty hard. Like you said it starts out easy but later on it gets tough. I still haven't beat the first one. I have the second one downloaded but haven't played it yet.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I got frustrated with the first one and quit playing prob half way through and I've started playing the 2nd one this week. I'm not sure on the surface if I see the diffrence in them but im sure there is some. I don't remember if you can pick up someone and throw them in the first one? I'm playing with my girlfriend and her son and Im afraid that its gonna get tough and everyone will wanna quit. I hope not as LBP is the perfect game for that.

Im hearing good things about Sleeping Dogs
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just got the platinum trophy for Infamous 2.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I rented Sleeping Dogs it's pretty sweet.

It's like Batman meets GTA. The environment and missions is like GTA but the hand to hand combat is a Batman clone.

You even counter attacks like you would on Batman. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, they nailed it with Batman so I don't blame them.

As for the gun play I don't know yet, played for two hours and haven't fired a signal shot.

That said I'm kinda sticking with side missions and what not getting my feet wet, so haven't really jumped in to the main story much yet.

Last edited by Splat : 08-17-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive never played Assassin's Creed but I'm actually very intrigued by this new one. Looks cool as hell IMO

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Get Sleeping Dogs that is all...
Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Get Sleeping Dogs that is all...
I saw you playing it and heard its better then GTA4. One thing that bothers me in open world games is all the driving. Is there a way to skip that?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I saw you playing it and heard its better then GTA4. One thing that bothers me in open world games is all the driving. Is there a way to skip that?
No way to skip it unless you want to walk/run. LOL.

Joking aside, Sleeping Dogs isnt perfect but its a damn good and fun game. I finished the game the other day and have just two "events", four "stat games played" and upgrading the triad level from 9 to 10 and im 100% done. Actually going for all the achievements and stuff which is a first for me since I have never cared about any of that but since I have 38/40 thus far and dont want to stop playing the game, I figured that I mine as well go for the 100% achievements.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a PS3 side note -

Does anyone know if NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this season like it was last year? Thanks.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
On a PS3 side note -

Does anyone know if NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this season like it was last year? Thanks.
It should be I have the app still installed on my ps3 video options.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I like it better than GTA because of the focus on hand to hand combat.

You can take a Taxi but more times than not they ain't around when you need one. The driving does take some getting used to but I got it down now.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...games-2?page=1

IGN's top 25 games for PS3
Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioshock, Uncharted 1, GoW3 too low.

GTAIV, inFamous 2 too high.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Beat Sleeping Dogs and thought it was pretty much awesome from start to finish. I could have beat it sooner but I'm a sucker for side-missions.

Also

It's past mid August and I want The Walking Dead episode 3 dammit.

Last edited by Splat : 08-21-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Ya, I think it's going to be pretty good. WWE 12 wasn't perfect but was a step in the right direction with the SD vs Raw series getting stale.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Beat Sleeping Dogs and thought it was pretty much awesome from start to finish. I could have beat it sooner but I'm a sucker for side-missions.
I played the demo last night after hearing so many good things about it was impressed. The fighting was harder then I expected and I died quite a bit in the demo. But I was starting to get better at it at toward the end. I also think they was fighting upgrades which im guessing will help? The story seems to be pretty good to with fun missions. I'm prob gonna wait a few months before I pick it up though.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

You can get some pretty kick ass upgrades. The biggest thing to remember when fighting is counter is your friend. The second someone turns red hit triangle and he should turn to them and take them out.

Also food and drinks increase abilities like improved melee power,damage reduction ect.