Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know what to tell you. It's widely acknowledged that he would run the wrong routes very often. And not recognize when he's hot.

Ask Bengals fans. Or Carson Palmer. He dealt with it.

You keep saying "well he was productive so it can't be true"

A player runs around 30 routes a game. If you run 5 wrong routes out of 30, it won't hurt your production that much, but it sure as hell does not make you a good route runner.
I'm not asking you to tell me anything. It's a difference of opinion. You said he runs routes wrong half the time. If this was the case he wouldn't have made it this far in the NFL. Why would I ask Bengals fans? I've seen enough of Chad Johnson all these years to determine an opinion for myself. I can't ask Palmer as I don't know him.

And there is a difference between not knowing what routes you run (which could be due to miscommunication between players) and the routes that you do run actually being well run routes (cutting on a dime) regardless if they were designed for that play. I'm talking about his physical ability to literally run his routes against defensive backs, not his extensive knowledge of an offense and if he's always running the correct route on every single play. That is where his laziness problems have plagued him in recent seasons.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 08-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Garrard hurt his knee apparently, so it looks like it will be Moore for tonight at least.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Philbin is a beta male. He has no personality and I guarantee he will lose 90% of his roster the second his team loses 3 games in a row. How the hell did he get a head coaching job?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everytime I see Joe or hear Joe Philbin talk I think of the dad from Step Brothers.

Last edited by LTgiants : 08-14-2012 at 01:30 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dad from Step Brothers.......not knowing him as Richard Jenkins, an amazing actor in a ton of roles

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Joe Philbin is a beta male. He has no personality and I guarantee he will lose 90% of his roster the second his team loses 3 games in a row. How the hell did he get a head coaching job?
I don't know why everyone is down on him. He's very intelligent and it shows. One episode of hard knocks and people have decided their opinion of him. I actually liked him a lot in the episode and have liked what he's done since he took over.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The dad from Step Brothers.......not knowing him as Richard Jenkins, an amazing actor in a ton of roles
I figured more people would recognize him from Step Brothers. Did not realize I was on IMDB with a bunch of movie buffs
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Quit your whining nancy.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Chad Johnson guy looks pretty good so far. He'll make the team for sure!

Edit: The way that coach started the "bad news" about David Garrard, it sounded like Garrard's kid drowned. Not the best way to phrase that to Coach Philbin, of all people.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 08-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good night sweet Chad.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to cry. Poor Chad :(
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's only me but Philbin comes off as a huge doucher.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is two seconds away from a Curb Your Enthusiasm bit
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I get that impression too. He actually reminds me of Coughlin when he first became our HC. All business, all the time.

It's pretty obvious from the first 2 episodes that Philbin was never a fan of Chad. I'd bet the decision to bring Chad in was made above him and without his blessing.

I felt like he was looking to get rid of Chad even before the domestic incident. He just wasn't a fan of his.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I don't know why everyone is down on him. He's very intelligent and it shows. One episode of hard knocks and people have decided their opinion of him. I actually liked him a lot in the episode and have liked what he's done since he took over.
He's incredibly intelligent and highly respected by everybody who's ever worked with him (including players).

Last edited by WCH : 08-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, not on HBOGO. What the ****.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Jim ******* Turner. The meeting room scene about the call me maybe cheerleaders video was ******* hilarious.

And yeah you can tell that Philbin never was really on board about bringing in Chad. Apparently Chad did get three strikes before he got cut. First strike was his tweet to the commish about being fined and all that junk he said, second was the PC where he was talking about porn and throwing out the F bombs like a ************ and third was the arrest.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never knew Mike Sherman was such a hard ass. He grilled his boys in the meeting room.

Quote:
Really? I'm loving this guy each and every episode.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been a fan of Philbin. He seems really smart and I like his calm, cool demeanor. Although he didn't seem to love Chad at least when he cut him he went face to face with him and told him, he didn't make the GM or whoever do it. He seems like a team guy and very approachable.

Another thing is I feel really bad for David Garrard. He seems like a really good and likable guy and getting that knee injury kills his chances of being the starter. I hope someway he gets an opportunity to start.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Philbin is awesome, I'm not sure what kind of people you expect head coaches to be but he's one of the most professional straight forward guys in the league. No nonsense type. Not everyone is made for TV like Rex Ryan. I actually expect the Dolphins to have a better year than the Jets while we're on the subject.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I think judgement is a little harsh after 2 episodes of Hard Knocks, but I get where youre coming from. This team really isn't going to be very good, and I also question whether or not he'll be able to keep the locker room. Especially with an offense that will probably be turned over to Tannehill (who has no receivers) very early. Not everyone is Rex Ryan (thankfully) but he definitely strikes me as one of those very good coordinators from a very good offense that just doesn't make a great HC.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Joe Philbin is awesome, I'm not sure what kind of people you expect head coaches to be but he's one of the most professional straight forward guys in the league. No nonsense type. Not everyone is made for TV like Rex Ryan. I actually expect the Dolphins to have a better year than the Jets while we're on the subject.
Exactly. And it's not like he's mean or a tight ass. He seems pretty chill to me. and fairly nice. At the same time he's taking his profession seriously, as everyone on the team should be doing. I'm not sure either what people want. Coach "rah rah"?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-15-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't call him a doucher. He's just void of any personality, charisma, attitude, etc. BBD compared him to Coughlin with his all-business approach and I can see that. But Coughlin was/still is certainly more of an hardass but at least he has a bit of an edge to him. Philbin has no edge to him whatsoever probably because it seems as if he tries so hard not to upset anybody.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

I don't get the impression that he doesn't want to upset anyone. I get the impression that he is willing to listen, but still has the final say.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

How are people calling him a straight shooter when he can't even look Chad ****ing Johnson (one of the biggest clowns in the league) in the eye as an authority figure and tell him to fall in line (or in the last episode, fire him) without pussyfooting around the issue for 10 minutes?

His wife must've been his first girlfriend because there's no way he's ever broken up with someone before. And this was a guy he hated from the start. How long is it going to take him to cut Garrard next year? 3 days?