Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You mean C. Gonzalez right?
I didn't want to seem too NL-centric since it seems the popular thing that the AL is soo superior, but I would definitely put him in that group.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Jay is such an underrated player. Dude is a hitting machine and I'd bet he's a top 5 Defensive Center Fielder in the National League, maybe baseball.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
After that I would probably put Cutch, Braun, Hamilton, A.Gonzalez, Tulo, Cano, etc.\
Serious question, were you just naming a few names or do you not like Kemp as a hitter? Just seems like he has been one of the consistent names on lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Serious question, were you just naming a few names or do you not like Kemp as a hitter? Just seems like he has been one of the consistent names on lists.
I was just naming some names. I'd probably retract that C. Gon comment a bit and put him on a lower tier but Kemp is certainly in that upper echelon with the guys I named.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not abide by the lack of Bautista in that list.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I would take a lot of hitters over Jose.

Kemp, Braun, Votto, Cabrera, Pujols, Trout, Fielder, McCutchen, Posey, Wright, Holliday, Cano, Hamilton, A. Jones, Jackson, Carlos.

Just to name a few.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
To bad your opinion has been rendered null and void.

Top 3 Trout, Cutch, Cabrera

Thats the answer right now, /enddebate

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Kemp, Braun, Votto, Cabrera, Pujols, Trout, Fielder, McCutchen, Posey, Wright, Holliday, Cano, Hamilton, A. Jones, Jackson, Carlos.

Just to name a few.
Not sure if srs.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So...nice comparison.

EDIT: btw, you're probably right. I just pulled the name out of my ass of the guy who I thought had a ******** of strikeouts, so **** it. In retrospect, I think Josh Hamilton would have been a more educated name to throw out there. Doesn't Ryan Howard hack at a lot of pitches?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 08-15-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Dunn is bad

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Just to name a few.

Disagree with most as is, but holy **** is Adam Jones a horrible choice. And Adam Dunn is a very solid hitter subtracting last year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posey has been having a ridiculous 2nd half by the way. He's playing himself into MVP talk.

Also the Red Sox have a bunch of primadonna's on the team now. Pedroia, Gonzalez, Beckett, Lester, and so on. I'd gut the whole thing. I'm on team Bobby V.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Disagree with most as is, but holy **** is Adam Jones a horrible choice. And Adam Dunn is a very solid hitter subtracting last year.
My favourite part was when he tried to sneak a Card in there. Im surprised he didnt say Beltran, Allen Craig and Berkman werent better than Bautista too.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Posey has been having a ridiculous 2nd half by the way. He's playing himself into MVP talk.

Also the Red Sox have a bunch of primadonna's on the team now. Pedroia, Gonzalez, Beckett, Lester, and so on. I'd gut the whole thing. I'm on team Bobby V.
This season makes me want to throw up... I will say this though. I do not think Pedey and Gonzo are the problems.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the player is texting the owner to whine he's a problem. Pedroia is a little ***** the last few years also. I don't know when he turned into that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When the player is texting the owner to whine he's a problem. Pedroia is a little ***** the last few years also. I don't know when he turned into that.
There is a lot more to it than what is being reported... All in all it is a **** situation.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
To be fair to Bobby V. I think any new manager's relationship with Pedroia was destined to fail as Pedroia and Francona were like father and son by all accounts.

As for the overall team, as a Red Sox fan it is hard to figure out who I hate more between the players and Bobby V. I guess the one part that causes me to lean towards supporting the idea of firing Bobby V. is thinking about it in terms of Occam's Razor and believing it is easier to attribute the disaster that is this year's team by concluding Bobby V. managerial style tends to lean to conflict with his palers, which history does seem to support a bit from his tenure with the Rangers and Mets, than a few malcontent players have managed to turn an entire team against their manager.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Mets never turned on Bobby V.

Also, the players had a players manager and abused him by doing whatever they wanted in the clubhouse. Epic collapse. Ownership hires a manager to whip the clubhouse back into shape. Players revolt. Now what do you think the problem is?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
The Mets never turned on Bobby V.

Also, the players had a players manager and abused him by doing whatever they wanted in the clubhouse. Epic collapse. Ownership hires a manager to whip the clubhouse back into shape. Players revolt. Now what do you think the problem is?
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Bobby V. is the real problem with this team. At the moment the whole organization is a mess from front office all the way down to the field. If I really was placing blame I would point my finger at the fact John Henry has essentially become an absentee owner and Larry Lucchino is the one really running the show. Ben Cherington strikes me as essentially a figure head in charge of the trivial things but that Lucchino is really the one with the power. But looking at in terms of who is the more replaceable with the hope of some positive outcome Valentine is definitely the easiest change to make.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...dium=twitte r

Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug, reports ESPN's Jorge Arangure (on Twitter). MLB has confirmed both the suspension and that substance was testosterone. The suspension takes effect immediately and will cost him the rest of the season.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Well....that sucks.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't drink the milk!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** balls ****
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohh Melky. You just lost a ton of money.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That explains it, Melky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote