Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Jaime Garcia is coming off the DL on Sunday as he'll make his first start since Early June. With him joining the rotation, Joe Kelly Will go to the Pen.

If the Cards can get Jaime throwin like he can by September and they have Joe Kelly bringin some gas out of the pen, I really like our chances. The pitching and the offense is really coming together.
They'll get past the Pirates at the very least.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
are you like the ultimate troll?
How the **** am I being a troll? I talked about how BA is stupid two pages ago and there is no need to spend another 2 pages. When a poster is sayin that guys like Holliday or Adam Jones are better hitters than Bautista then it is clear that he is hopeless.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What to do with Ricky Romero? What to do... ?
RaiderDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Melky noooooooo!

The Giants probably knew before the deadline. Pence deal makes more sense now.
MLB doesn't have to notify the team Melky/his agent could have though.

Bud knew he was guilty when he was handing him the All Star Game MVP though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedro Beato to Boston to complete the Shoppach deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Pedro Beato to Boston to complete the Shoppach deal.
Pointless prospects are pointless.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Agreed. If extend Shoppach he's actually a perfect compliment to Thole so it's a decent enough move. We're going to suck for a lot of years to come anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanley and Burnett gettin after each other haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They'll get past the Pirates at the very least.
I'm certainly more worried about the Cards than the Buccos. If their sp/pen comes around that offense is too good to be denied.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was riding back from my morning jog when I heard (on the radio) someone talking about the Melky Cabrera suspension. 50 games. Obviously, there was a lot of talk about how it might hurt the team (he as an MVP candidate on the juice).

It came to me that baseball is handling these kinds of suspensions wrong. They should do what the NCAA does. He shouldn't be suspended any games at all. His contract should become voidable, he should be fined 50 games pay, and his team should lose 25 wins. That would put a stop to steroids as long as they could catch them. (obviously, when gene doping gets around, it's over)

No one would risk the shame from your team or the potential financial loss that would occur if caught on testosterone.

Forfeiting 25 games in the MLB would be death to any playoff hopes. Teams would be lucky to get back to 500. The biggest reason players do steroids is because the reward well outweighs the risk. Imagine what would happen if the opposite were true?

It seems silly to punish fans who might go to games to see Cabrera in a Giants uniform (granted, I doubt many Giants fans want to see him right now).
Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I was riding back from my morning jog when I heard (on the radio) someone talking about the Melky Cabrera suspension. 50 games. Obviously, there was a lot of talk about how it might hurt the team (he as an MVP candidate on the juice).

It came to me that baseball is handling these kinds of suspensions wrong. They should do what the NCAA does. He shouldn't be suspended any games at all. His contract should become voidable, he should be fined 50 games pay, and his team should lose 25 wins. That would put a stop to steroids as long as they could catch them. (obviously, when gene doping gets around, it's over)

No one would risk the shame from your team or the potential financial loss that would occur if caught on testosterone.

Forfeiting 25 games in the MLB would be death to any playoff hopes. Teams would be lucky to get back to 500. The biggest reason players do steroids is because the reward well outweighs the risk. Imagine what would happen if the opposite were true?

It seems silly to punish fans who might go to games to see Cabrera in a Giants uniform (granted, I doubt many Giants fans want to see him right now).
Oh for ***** sake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-16-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So wait, instead of punishing the player and indirectly hurting the team & fans; we should just directly & severely punish the team and fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gibby suggested 1st time is a 1 year ban, 2nd time banned for life

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think it's ******** in the first place.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've honestly never gave a **** as to who is taking roids and who isnt. You still gotta hit the damn ball. People say its unfair to the people who played without it? They would have taken it too if it was around when they played IMO. They are constantly under pressure to perform at a high level and when that stress gets to em they go to extreme measures (sometimes taking juice) to live up to them.

Now with that being said if you cant take them without getting caught dont take em. MLB has their rules and they feel like they need to keep em out of the game so you know the risks when you start a cycle.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. A fan just went into cardiac arrest in Toronto.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I just saw that.... Pretty sure he's not going to make it. I hope he pulls through it.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I've honestly never gave a **** as to who is taking roids and who isnt. You still gotta hit the damn ball. People say its unfair to the people who played without it? They would have taken it too if it was around when they played IMO. They are constantly under pressure to perform at a high level and when that stress gets to em they go to extreme measures (sometimes taking juice) to live up to them.

Now with that being said if you cant take them without getting caught dont take em. MLB has their rules and they feel like they need to keep em out of the game so you know the risks when you start a cycle.
Least we agree on this. Plus, early guys didn't play with black people and mid guys didn't really play with Dominicans. They got their own advantages from that and the amphetamines they took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
That sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-16-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hanley and Burnett gettin after each other haha
That was awesome when AJ told Hanley to sit the **** down lol.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Least we agree on this. Plus, early guys didn't play with black people and mid guys didn't really play with Dominicans. They got their own advantages from that and the amphetamines they took.
After playing college baseball the last couple years its amazing how accepted it is the higher you go up the ranks. Steroids is very easy to get if you want it, and I never looked down on any of my teammates or people that took it. Would be lying if I said that I didnt consider taking them....Just didnt know how long they'd stay in my system and was pretty sure I was gonna get drafted lol.

Shoulda just taken em....FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
That was awesome when AJ told Hanley to sit the **** down lol.
Yeah I enjoyed that, I've pulled that line a couple of times while I'm pitching. I love what Hanley is doing for our team but hes a punk so I dont have any problem with it.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

So the team is punished by getting the first pick in the draft?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still waiting for someone to go Kenny Powers on someone. Could be my new favorite player.

And I wouldn't be against ay punishment for roids. I'll never feel bad for any player that gets caught doing them no matter what the punishment is. It's against the rules so don't do it. Can debate the rule itself later.

But it is further proof at the MLB is run terribly if fans are actually calling for them to take a page out of the NCAAs book. Never thought I'd see a fan praise anything the NCAA did.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 08-16-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol well that was ******
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards bullpen blowssss..
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Cards bullpen blowssss..
Not really.