Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't know where you're getting that from. There is about a 0% chance that Clark plays against Alabama. He could end up getting kicked off the team if the charges aren't reduced. I'm not sure about Fitz, but Stonum was suspended a whole year for his second DUI (first one happened pre-Hoke) and was kicked off the team for violating probation. Fitz may or may not play against Alabama, but probably not.
Color me skeptical when a coach speaks in such vagaries. Very, JoePa-esque. I'm sure their punishment will be very very harsh. Like clean the stadium or running stairs. Very bad.

Quote:
While Michigan coach Brady Hoke said Sunday that suspended players Fitzgerald Toussaint and Frank Clark would practice Monday for the first time during fall camp
Quote:
"I'll make a decision some time," Hoke said. "They are part of this football team. Guys who are 18 to 23, like some of us, have probably not made some great decisions, and they are paying for it." ...

"They are still guys, who as teammates, we love them, but there's consequences for their behavior, and they are paying a price," Hoke said. "They will continue to pay that price for a little bit."
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2014 4* OH LB Michael Ferns committed to Michigan yesterday. In the 14 months since he took over as Michigan's coach, Brady Hoke has landed eight kids from Ohio with Ohio State offers. In the previous ten years before Hoke, Michigan landed only seven.
yep. impressive recruiting by hoke. richrod was no match for the ohio kids against tressel. who were the 8 though? I feel like I'm forgetting one.

1-Chris Wormley
2-Tom Strobel
3-Kyle Kalis
4-Ben Gedeon
5-DeVeon Smith
6-Dymonte Thomas
7-Michael Ferns

I know Michael McCray, Taco Charlton, Ross Douglas, Garreon Conley, and Jarron Dukes weren't offered (though they are definitely fine prospects).

I will gladly take the OOS guys Meyer is hauling in right now, though I hate to see Ohio kids wearing blue. It's good for the rivalry I guess.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, with the way Tressel had a steel curtain in Ohio it's weird to see Meyer pulling in bigger national recruits.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yep. impressive recruiting by hoke. richrod was no match for the ohio kids against tressel. who were the 8 though? I feel like I'm forgetting one.

1-Chris Wormley
2-Tom Strobel
3-Kyle Kalis
4-Ben Gedeon
5-DeVeon Smith
6-Dymonte Thomas
7-Michael Ferns

I know Michael McCray, Taco Charlton, Ross Douglas, Garreon Conley, and Jarron Dukes weren't offered (though they are definitely fine prospects).

I will gladly take the OOS guys Meyer is hauling in right now, though I hate to see Ohio kids wearing blue. It's good for the rivalry I guess.
Urban offered Bolden when he got hired

As for the knock JoeJoe made about DUIs... how many games did Alex Boone miss with his alcohol incidents?
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both programs are corrupt and hypocritical as ****.

Let's move on.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4* WR/DB/KR Kermit Whitfield to FSU, just what FSU needed even more disgusting speed.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
4* WR/DB/KR Kermit Whitfield to FSU, just what FSU needed even more disgusting speed.
Yea, that speed sure has helped em these past couple years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

things looking good for UF with Laquon Treadwell
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yea, that speed sure has helped em these past couple years...
At least FSU has gone to bowl games.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, how long before Jaylon Smith changes his mind and makes me very sad?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The champs sports bowl is actually considered a bowl game?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OOoooooooooooooooooh! BURN!!!

Champs sports bowls don't count. FSU can't hold SC's jock when it comes to programs.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 08-17-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

1-Chris Wormley
2-Tom Strobel
3-Kyle Kalis
4-Ben Gedeon
5-DeVeon Smith
6-Dymonte Thomas
7-Michael Ferns

There are multiple reports saying that your staff offered McCray. Even if he didn't have an offer, seven in a little more than a year is ridiculous when we only pulled seven in the previous ten.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Color me skeptical when a coach speaks in such vagaries. Very, JoePa-esque. I'm sure their punishment will be very very harsh. Like clean the stadium or running stairs. Very bad.
One could make an argument that playing Fitz against that Alabama defense is more of a punishment than sitting him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
IrishTrojan
Rookie

IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.IrishTrojan could make a wolverine purr.

lol at mass
Old 08-20-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One could make an argument that playing Fitz against that Alabama defense is more of a punishment than sitting him.
True. I will be pulling for you guys, but I'm afraid it will get ugly. I think a very athletic defense will put way too much pressure on arm punt to complete passes and his floaters will be picked off.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are multiple reports saying that your staff offered McCray. Even if he didn't have an offer, seven in a little more than a year is ridiculous when we only pulled seven in the previous ten.
they did offer him, but that was after he committed to Michigan and after they had a couple of decommits at linebacker and other guys (Gedeon, Jaylon Smith) go elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMarcus Walker to Alabama.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For 2014. Bo Scarbrough to Alabama!

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not happy about losing local boy Max Browne (Skyline High) to USC.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not happy about losing local boy Max Browne (Skyline High) to USC.
Im pretty happy about it, lol. I like Browne a lot, my high school's crosstown rival is going up to play against Skyline in a week or 2...Skyline is gonna smack em.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Future LSU WR Trey Quinn. And he's white!

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list of recruits that are supposed to be at the UT/UF game tomorrow is insane.
Von Bell, Jalen Ramsey, Marquez North, Derrick Green, Derrick Henry, Jordan Wilkins, A.J. Turman, and a bunch of highly rated '14 guys.
Then there's rumors that guys like Carl Lawson and a few others are also trying to make it up.
Throw in a few 5* basketball recruits, and you couldn't ask for a better recruiting weekend.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dam thats a crazy list. definitely will be tuning in to the game.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Future LSU WR Trey Quinn. And he's white!

From tonight.

Quote:
Trey Quinn Finishes the Night with 9 CATCHES, 340 YDS, AND 5 TDS
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote