Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-17-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't imagine anyone keeping him on an MLB roster all year. He's been awful and velocity way down. Looks like a bust.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You know what, nevermind. Ynoa's stats are hideous to look at, just now realized how bad he was pitching.

Yeah and he is only 20 years old. White Sox would call dibs on him some time in near future.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Yeah and he is only 20 years old. White Sox would call dibs on him some time in near future.
He is showing nothing projectable at this point, and they'd have to stash him in the majors after pitching like **** in Low A the year prior. It's not a good idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they decide on where the play in games would be played? The better of the two WCs would be the home team? What happens if they end in a dead tie?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did they decide on where the play in games would be played? The better of the two WCs would be the home team? What happens if they end in a dead tie?
Head to head would determine?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Head to head would determine?
I'm just wondering because I'd like to go to it. I'm gonna start rooting for the O's the have the best WC record. The better team does get the home game. I couldn't find any article stating what would happen if there is a dead tie.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm just wondering because I'd like to go to it. I'm gonna start rooting for the O's the have the best WC record. The better team does get the home game. I couldn't find any article stating what would happen if there is a dead tie.
tie breaking procedure will be used to determine a home advantage team.

Wiki has the explanation.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just talking with my dad about this and with the steroids talk going on last page, I had to ask and I am sure it has come up...but do you guys think Bonds will ever get into the hall of fame?

Seems as though everyone who has been linked to it hasnt gotten a shot even if they are deserving but Bonds is on a different level than any of those guys when it comes to accomplishments as a ball player. The guy is the best hitter that I personally have ever seen.

Whats your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Was just talking with my dad about this and with the steroids talk going on last page, I had to ask and I am sure it has come up...but do you guys think Bonds will ever get into the hall of fame?

Seems as though everyone who has been linked to it hasnt gotten a shot even if they are deserving but Bonds is on a different level than any of those guys when it comes to accomplishments as a ball player. The guy is the best hitter that I personally have ever seen.

Whats your opinion?
He ******* better. Bonds was the best player during this era with or without roids, and I don't care that he hated the media. And as always, Jim Rice got in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bonds better get in. I'm not arguing this again but the only steroid user who shouldn't get in is McGwire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy was the most dominant hitter I have ever seen. I think it was the Diamondbacks who I watched intentionally walk him with the bases loaded with a 2 run lead in the 9th just so they didnt have to face him. I have no problem voting him in, and I think if anyone were to get in with the steroid controversey it would be him, I just dont think they will put him in on the first ballot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Barry Bond's career statistic is too much to ignore. It is up to political bullcrap and politics are everywhere.

I concern about Hall of Fame ceremony, behavior-wise for Barry Bond and Roger Clemens. Limited to families and former coaches?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he will for awhile. From what we've seen, the voters do not like anyone connected to steroids.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't think he will for awhile. From what we've seen, the voters do not like anyone connected to steroids.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-17-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bonds will get in, maybe not first ballot but he will get in. You can't ignore his career and you can't just ignore that entire time in baseball.

I also am super biased. He is still the best professional athlete I've ever watched. Every time he was up to bat my entire house would stop what we were doing and run over to watch him hit. If someone would yell "Bonds is up" now, I would still run over instinctively. His jersey still hangs on my wall and I still wear it to games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jmac walks the first batter. Gonna be that kind of night for him again apparently.

Reverse jinx please work.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jmac walks the first batter. Gonna be that kind of night for him again apparently.
Then gets a DP lol.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Then gets a DP lol.
If he doesn't have his control nothing matters, as we've seen since the break. If he does, well we've seen what he can do.

Just one of the many Pirates that have to perform way better than this half if they want a playoff spot.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he doesn't have his control nothing matters, as we've seen since the break. If he does, well we've seen what he can do.

Just one of the many Pirates that have to perform way better than this half if they want a playoff spot.
Pitching extremely well right now. I hope he can sustain this.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I said that last time he pitched right before the fifth inning. Oops.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I bet the Cards wish Molina was in there tonight.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hello first half JMac!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't get to watch or listen to the first 6 innings of the Cards/pirates game, had to go visit my brother in jail. Mike Shannon was saying the home plate ump has been pretty terrible and Oquendo was thrown out? That's crazy lol I don't think I've ever seen him raise his voice at anyone since he joined the Cards as a coach like 15 years ago.

Got home and I see we can only get one run in with no outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd, lol I love how one day we look like we can score 20 runs off of Bob Gibson, the next day we look like we can get shutout by a 12 year old.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Frazier is NL ROY at this moment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Todd Frazier is NL ROY at this moment.
Uhm, Edinson Volquez?

RIP TheManInBlack