Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I went to the Falcons scrimmage in Dalton yesterday, here is a few things I saw:

Jared Cook is a monster, didn't realize how big he was. Made several plays during 11 on 11, one was a nice 25 yard gain, if he didnt dive for it, it would have been a 60 yard touchdown.

Chris Johnson had several good runs, he is finding holes, hitting them and causing the first guy to miss. They were throwing him the ball a lot and getting him in space. He did have a drop in the flat that would have been a easy touchdown that Locker threw to him on either 3rd or 4th and goal from the 2 yard line. Overall he looks like he may be back @ CJ2K level

Hasselback looked very good, moved the ball down the field with ease. He only had a couple of incompletions and they both happened to be to Asante Samuel.

Locker looked great as well, both the quarterbacks moved the ball well, I dont think I saw Jake throw an interception the whole time, made a great throw to Kendall for a pretty long completion. He also made a great throw on a 3rd and 10 by keeping the play alive, rolling out of the pocket and connecting with Damien Williams to pick up the first down.

The WR's looked decent, Nate was open the whole scrimmage and had a lot of receptions from both QB's. Kendall looked a little lost at times, but you can tell the kid has big play ability, it was great to see him going up against Asante. Damien Williams made several plays and didnt drop a ball the whole time. Michael Preston, who wears number 14 is a tall lanky kid who is like 6'5, looked good, made a few completions, one was a 15 yard strike from Rusty right on the sideline.

Watched only a little bit of the defense, Colin McCarthy was flying around everywhere, as was Tommy Campbell. I think Tommy definitely has the 3rd cornerback spot locked up. Matt Ryan was carving up the secondary during 7 on 7, didn't throw an incompletion the whole time.

Let me know if you guys have questions about any other specific players, hopefully I can answer them!!

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How Derrick Morgan and Zach Brown look?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
How Derrick Morgan and Zach Brown look?
I only watched like 10 minutes of the defense during some 7 on 7, and I couldn't see much because we were standing behind the titans defense, I'm 6'5 and it was still hard to see over those monsters so i didn't see them except for standing on the sideline in front of me

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...the team's been in Dalton?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. They scrimmaged the Falcons on Monday.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Yeah. They scrimmaged the Falcons on Monday.
THEY SHOULD ADVERTISE THESE THINGS OR SOMETHING!

I probably wouldn't have been able to make it, but still! Could have chilled with Titans10 or something.

Also, Keith Bulluck retired as a Titan!

Keith Bulluck retires as a Titans - ESPN

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So NFL Network is supposed to be showing TN vs Seattle, but they are showing 49ers vs Vikings...cool!!!!!
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

google firstrow

its on there
Old 08-11-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Complex!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preseason Game One Notes

I still hate Ryan Mouton.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Don't know why but this almost made spit drink thought it was funny for some reason

Chris Johnson ‏@ChrisJohnson28
Lol preseason
Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It looks like our DE's are going to be Kamerion Wimbley, Derrick Morgan, Dave Ball, and Pannel Egboh. Malcolm Sheppard could maybe make it. Scott Solomon is probably destined for the PS. Akeem Ayers will play some DE on passing downs as well, so because of that, I have to think it'll open up the 5th DE spot for an extra DT. I'd still like to see Klug at DE where he can just bull rush and cause havoc on the edge, but why mess with success? He's been our best DL.

So yeah, I'm not too stoked. Wimbley is a good addition, but he's not the dominant pass-rusher we needed. He was just the best among what was out there. Morgan looked pudgy to me. I thought he was a DT at times. I honestly like Ball more than Wimbley, but his back is a constant concern and he was inactive against Seattle. It's nice to see Egboh see so many snaps, but he's a base end and not much more.

It's still a big worry for me. I like Kendall Wright, but it hurts to see Chandler Jones doing so well in NE. And I think we need Kenny, with or without Wright. He makes our offense above the rim and truly dynamic. Lets hope Goodell only suspends him 4 games or less, but at least it'll give Kenny more time to heal up.

Oh, and Colin McCarthy is a Greek god sent down from the heavens to play the sport of football. If Ayers and Zach Brown live up to their potential, this is one of the most well rounded groups of LB'ers in the league. It's comforting to know McCarthy and Co. are behind this DL group.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Hopefully Ayers is a beast pass rusher cause Wimbley is decent and Morgan just sucks. I think Casey is our best DL but Klug is our best pass rusher. Hopefully McCarthy stays healthy that was his problem at Miami.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It looks like our DE's are going to be Kamerion Wimbley, Derrick Morgan, Dave Ball, and Pannel Egboh. Malcolm Sheppard could maybe make it. Scott Solomon is probably destined for the PS. Akeem Ayers will play some DE on passing downs as well, so because of that, I have to think it'll open up the 5th DE spot for an extra DT. I'd still like to see Klug at DE where he can just bull rush and cause havoc on the edge, but why mess with success? He's been our best DL.

So yeah, I'm not too stoked. Wimbley is a good addition, but he's not the dominant pass-rusher we needed. He was just the best among what was out there. Morgan looked pudgy to me. I thought he was a DT at times. I honestly like Ball more than Wimbley, but his back is a constant concern and he was inactive against Seattle. It's nice to see Egboh see so many snaps, but he's a base end and not much more.
As much as we like to rotate our DL, I think we probably keep five DEs on the 53-man roster -- though only four of those DEs will probably dress out each week. Right now, I think that it'll be Morgan, Wimbley, and Egboh for sure and some combination of Ball, Solomon, Douzable, or Sheppard in the last two DE spots. [Douzable is a DE/DT hybrid; and since we're deep at DT and shallow at DE, he might play more DE for us than he did for the Jags.]

Normally, I'd say that Ball makes the team for sure; but the injuries are a major concern at this point -- particularly the concussions. He almost retired mid-season last year after having numerous concussions, and he's already had another one this offseason. Ball's been a good player for us, but I hope that he retires before he risks any more damage to himself.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this LB core could be one hell of a force this year. DE's........well morgan looks like a bust so far...

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the starting job is in Jakes to lose. Just hope he doesn't have some fluke game against the Bucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is CJ2k worth drafting in the first round this year?
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I would say no. But then again I've never valued runningbacks high in fantasy drafts.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems Robert Johnson is really coming into his own. Funny how I acknowledge a player is a project when he is drafted, but get really pissed when he doesn't do anything in his first couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I have faith in whoever our QB is, but I still feel Britt is the key factor. He's our best player on offense, and it's not even a contest. He's what makes this offense special. If he's playing, then I have no doubt our QB plays well.

Also nice to hear Robert Johnson is finally coming to. It'll be comforting to have someone behind Griff and Babs, just in case one of them goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Is CJ2k worth drafting in the first round this year?
It depends on how big the league is. In 12+ leagues, then I think yes. He's competing with Peterson, McFadden, and Charles for the #6 RB spot, and he's not coming off a big injury like they are, so he could definitely go late 1st RD in 12 man leagues.

And if it's an under-12 team league, then you're doing it wrong!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited about the future of our linebackers. Damn I love that group. They just need game experience to be able to play without thinking, and it could be a special unit.

And Jurrell Casey is god damned beast.

EDIT: Almost forgot, but I was diggin KBull in the broadcast booth. He's a pretty damn funny dude and gave some good insight on the linebackers specifically.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 08-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Our LB's do look good. Seems like Ayers is moving faster this year, probably is thinking less and reacting quicker. Brown definetly has closing speed, seen a few things he messed up on but he's just starting to learn. I'm not worried at all about McCarthy, he was a baller at Miami and he's shown he can do the same things against the big boys.

Casey did turn it on last night, but I'm a bit surprised by how Marks has played the last two games. He has been mostly disappointing his first three years here, some probably due to the injuries he's had. But he's looked pretty quick and strong recently. I thought it was gonna be hard for him to stick, but I think he's making it hard for others to stick. Smith isn't getting much play time and it's all late, I think he's gone.

It was cool to see Bulluck and Eddie broadcasting. But my favorite part of the broadcast is when they show Dawn Davenport :0
Old 08-18-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Tack me on to the KBull bandwagon. I love listening to guys like him, Eddie, Wychek, and Bishop. I don't want my football heroes to just fade away. Keep them in the spotlight.

I didn't see the game against the Bucs, but it seems Jake struggled. That bites, but from the highlights, CJ is looking like his old self. That's not as important as good QB play, but if CJ can play like that all season, then it'll help resolve any QB struggles.

I still have a soft spot for Hass. It's not like he played poorly last year. Hell, it was a career year for him. Perhaps if Jake struggles for the next two weeks, they'll choose to go Hass and wait til later in the year to put in Jake. Preferably when Hass's arm starts to fade and Britt is back playing. I think Jake makes our offense more explosive though, so hopefully he and Tyrone get it together.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

It's kind of strange that we haven't heard anything about Britt's suspension yet. But apparently, it might not be as long as we expected. I've read from insiders on twitter that it might only be 1 or 2 games.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I've been expecting 4 games for Britt. Meeting with Roger Goodell is never a good sign, and Britt has just had sooo many incidents. But at least he'll be able to use the time he's suspended to continue to rehab and ensure his legs are in as good of shape as possible before he hits the field again. I'm not sure when Kenny's expected to be back in game shape, so he may have to sit out a game or two regardless of any disciplinarian action, so it could all be inconsequential in the end (or even a blessing in disguise if it prevents Kenny from rushing to get back on the field at the expense of his health).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.