Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Heard the first preseason went well. I guess I'm not to worried about DBowe coming into camp. He has no reason to sandbag it this year. my concern is why he isn't in camp right now. He's not hurting anyone but himself with that.

Next question, is how did Stanzi look? It sounds like he wasn't the greatest, but a three foot pile of crap looks better than a five foot pile. Like I said, I' not going to get overtly excited over a mediocore cardinals team in the first game of preseason.
On Stanzi... The local media has no idea wtf they're talking about. They keep saying how Quinn is so much better when that just isn't the case at all. Quinn was pretty ******* terrible. His accuracy is dog ****. Always has been, still is, and always will be. Stanzi was solid-ish. He had some nice throws and some drops, but could have played much better. Hopefully he'll be out there with a slightly better personnel group in the second game.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

went back and watched the game again on not sure why people are saying Poe had a bad game.the guy was doubled & triple teamed everytime he was on the field.THAT'S why we drafted him.Now does his technique need refining absolutely but for the morst part I thought he did fine
Old 08-16-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe was solid. I'm not sure what people were expecting. I don't know anyone who thought he'd come out of the gate and start. Pioli drafted Vince Wilfork and he didn't start until his 13th game or something, so I don't get the hate either but it's whatever. People will talk **** for funsies. Let em.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is a dumbfest in regard to the coverage of Poe. He's moving along at a much faster clip than Wilfork did. Wasn't Hampton kind of thrown into the fire due to injury? Pretty sure the last rookie NT to start early was Ted Washington.

On top of the great progress he's made, it looks like the Chiefs have 4 fairly legit NTs now...out of seemingly no where. And with Powe and Gordon having the ability to be effective DEs, they all have a place on the roster...potentially.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To many people look at stats to decide if a player is good or not. The guy plays NT, his job is to free up others to make plays.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It really is a dumbfest in regard to the coverage of Poe. He's moving along at a much faster clip than Wilfork did. Wasn't Hampton kind of thrown into the fire due to injury? Pretty sure the last rookie NT to start early was Ted Washington.

On top of the great progress he's made, it looks like the Chiefs have 4 fairly legit NTs now...out of seemingly no where. And with Powe and Gordon having the ability to be effective DEs, they all have a place on the roster...potentially.
It may be preseason, but Poe is far from starting at NT. Torribio has a hammerlock on that, until Poe develops some two gap skills. In the mean time Toribio is going to be a very nice 2 down NT, while Poe learns to collapse a pocket. Even without Poe, we would be even with last year. With him the pass rush takes a step forward.

Stanzi is not ready to start. Next camp maybe. The question is whether he is the back up or not. If so, then Quinn goes back on the road. It does make me wonder what Weis could have done with his favorite ND QB.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
went back and watched the game again on not sure why people are saying Poe had a bad game.the guy was doubled & triple teamed everytime he was on the field.THAT'S why we drafted him.Now does his technique need refining absolutely but for the morst part I thought he did fine
Basically people really don't know what they're seeing. We see a raw rookie doing some good things and showing there's still improvement needed in other areas, and they see "oh man he's not gettin da sack err play. He sucks."

Hardly anyone knows they're watching someone who is taking the jump from the Conference USA to the NFL.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe just signed his franchise tender. Yay! GET TO CAMP!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Or.. not camp, since it's over, but how about to the practice facility! And get a playbook!

And it's funny that he waits until TC is over, haha.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you knew he would never step foot in St Joe. why the hell would he want to? to damn hot, bad sleeping arrangements and it is still St Joe. if i didnt have to go, i wouldn't eather. he'll still get 3 weeks of good practice & 2 preseason games. if he isn't fat, then he'll be ok for the regular season. he won't be in football shape early on, but he'll be ok. having a mid season bye week will help him.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think that was a smart move by Bowe and I have to wonder if that **** was already set in place the whole time. Fans and media have far less access to the team facility than in St. Joe. Bowe being in St. Joe would have been a distraction. I have to think they put that one together long ago...that he wouldn't go to StJ.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Can't wait. Just under an hour until kick-off!

I look forward to seeing more of the vertical passing game with Baldwin and the TEs.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flowers not playing again... Starting to freak me out.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Flowers not playing again... Starting to freak me out.
I don't think it's a big deal.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Our CB's are sucking ass.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wonder if the D realizes that they're supposed to be stopping the other team.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Something we sorely missed last year: responding when we're down a score or two. Gotta love seeing that.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Peyton Hillis playing with some want to.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I really like what I've seen from Hillis so far this preseason. Granted, it's about a game and a half, but if he keeps it up during the regular season I hope we sign him to a long term deal.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Outside of Dexter in the slot, the WR's have done nothing in preseason.

Last edited by Splat : 08-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

They really haven't. Baldwin should have had that football secured. Big mistake.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Teicher just tweeted Kendrick Lewis has his arm in a sling in the locker room and it's the same arm he injured last time
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw from the defensive line against the run. They looked strong and physical. Pass rush was non-existent. Poe looked surprisingly good, I'd be more than happy to be wrong about that guy.

Stanzi...no bueno. Sometimes you see a young QB get thrown out there and he shows some gamesmanship. I didn't see much from Stanzi.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Adam Teicher just tweeted Kendrick Lewis has his arm in a sling in the locker room and it's the same arm he injured last time
It'd be a shame if that arm becomes a chronic problem. Good thing the Chiefs signed Elam.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Our CB's are sucking ass.
Yeah...they were down 3 guys, though. Flowers, Daniels, and Menzie... Two of which are staples against that type of offense.

Daboll and Cassel need to do a better job of getting the ball to the outside. I don't have anything against moving the ball in the middle of the field because they're obviously good at it, but their best players in the passing game are on the outside and their only role at the moment is to be decoys to open up the middle.