Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
So wait, instead of punishing the player and indirectly hurting the team & fans; we should just directly & severely punish the team and fans?
You're right it would punish teams. It should. Teams should take more responsibility for their players. I know they could easily be doing it at home in a dark room, but I really find it hard to believe that teams don't know who's using and who isn't.

The ultimate point is to make players like that completely undesirable, which is an indirect effect of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So the team is punished by getting the first pick in the draft?
I didn't think of that :/
Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the Pirates won by scoring on two wild pitches.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I can't believe the Pirates won by scoring on two wild pitches.
Ah **** I didn't know that. Thanks for making my night a little worse. Asshole.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You're right it would punish teams. It should. Teams should take more responsibility for their players. I know they could easily be doing it at home in a dark room, but I really find it hard to believe that teams don't know who's using and who isn't.

The ultimate point is to make players like that completely undesirable, which is an indirect effect of it.
It's also insanely ******* stupid, it's taking a PED, not raping someone or murdering a bunch of puppies. Chill the **** out.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm going to visit Texas to watch the Giants kick the Cowboys ass. I'd rather go to Austin though.
We should go to a Rangers game! Also, you can sleep on my couch if need be.

That said, Matt Cain > your favorite pitcher.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
We should go to a Rangers game! Also, you can sleep on my couch if need be.

That said, Matt Cain > your favorite pitcher.
I have a place to stay but maybe 1 night you could bring me out. I'm looking for airfare for 300.

Cain is the man.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Ah **** I didn't know that. Thanks for making my night a little worse. Asshole.
Anything I can do to help, buddy.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
alright just looking at what I expect the writers will look at

Wade Miley 13-8, 2.96 ERA, 143 IP, 104 K, 26 BB, 6.55 K/9, 1.71 BB/9, 3.81 K/BB
vs
Todd Frazier .283/.342/.536, 15 HR, 49 RBI, 19 2b, 5 3b, 2/4 SB

I'd still pick Miley
Yes but Frazier is essentially carrying a team that's still actually relevant, so there's that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yes but Frazier is essentially carrying a team that's still actually relevant, so there's that.
Shots fired!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh hey look, its Todd Frazier.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Oh hey look, its Todd Frazier.
I always believed. Didn't think he'd get 20+ HR's in his rookie year though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Terrible call at first. Rizzo with a great acting job.

I didn't think he would either. The only danger to that is Votto's return and Baker playing Rolen over him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Terrible call at first. Rizzo with a great acting job.

I didn't think he would either. The only danger to that is Votto's return and Baker playing Rolen over him.
That would just be one of the dumbest things Baker has ever done which is really saying something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when Votto returns, does Frazier take over for Rolen at 3B or what?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So when Votto returns, does Frazier take over for Rolen at 3B or what?
should he? yes
will he? who knows.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates blacked out on MLB tv and not on tv for me anywhere. Not very happy about this.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ryan ******* Ludwick

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryan ******* Ludwick
Why is Wilson Valdez batting second

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why is Wilson Valdez batting second
Shortstop bats 1st or 2nd. Duh.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Shortstop bats 1st or 2nd. Duh.
I'm sure Dusty Baker has some logic there...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF Cairo Homers last game and triples this one????

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm sure Dusty Baker has some logic there...
Its just how it is.

Oh and Miguel Cairo has largely been useless. Decides today is the day to play baseball.
Hits a HR in the first game and a triple to plate Jay Bruce to help the rally. 8-7 bottom of 8.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Its just how it is.

Oh and Miguel Cairo has largely been useless. Decides today is the day to play baseball.
Hits a HR in the first game and a triple to plate Jay Bruce to help the rally. 8-7 bottom of 8.
Sounds like you've admitted defeat. And Cairo has one good game a year, enjoy it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds like you've admitted defeat. And Cairo has one good game a year, enjoy it.
ha, its a double header! so two!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/exclusive...icle-1.1139623

Melky Cabrera created a fake website to try and duck his drug suspension

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote