Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL.com Head Coach power rankings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

Before anyone flips out, this is his criteria (for better or worse)

Quote:
These rankings aren't all about what coach has the longest resume. It's who we'd want leading our team and building a staff right now if we owned a team.
Quote:
Top shelf: Bill Belichick, Mike Tomlin and Jim Harbaugh

Next level: Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, Andy Reid and Tom Coughlin

Knocking on the door: Rex Ryan, Jim Schwartz and Dennis Allen

Middle of the pack: John Harbaugh, Mike Smith, Jeff Fisher, Gary Kubiak, Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Pete Carroll and Ken Whisenhunt

Prove me wrong: Mike Shanahan and John Fox

Need more information: Joe Philbin, Chuck Pagano, Mike Munchak, Greg Schiano, Leslie Frazier and Ron Rivera

The rest: Chan Gailey, Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennel, Mike Mularkey and Pat Shurmur
My thoughts: there would probably be a lot of shuffling the list around to my personal preferences. But no gaffe is bigger IMO than Dennis Allen being too high. Right now if i was building a franchise i would take John Harbaugh, Mike Smith, Lovie Smith, and maybe Jeff Fisher too. All these guys listed were below Allen on these rankings. A little too much love for a rookie with no HC experience on any level (even college).
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote