Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And, anyone? GSP? Alive? Dead?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I see no good reason for Jones to accept the fight so I shall side with him
It's because fighting is a fraternity and he screwed over a bunch of people. It would be understandable if it was Anderson Silva or something, not ******* Chael Sonnen. He has been drilling wrestling like crazy for Hendo anyway.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's because fighting is a fraternity and he screwed over a bunch of people. It would be understandable if it was Anderson Silva or something, not ******* Chael Sonnen. He has been drilling wrestling like crazy for Hendo anyway.
Frats suck anyways.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Yes. Cut your best LHW. That would work well.
He's about to move to HW anyway.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't screw anyone please, it's Dana White fault for putting a crappy card together. It's Dana White's fault for not having a solid worthy back-up plan( not just some douche that sucks but trash talks) just in case one of his fighters got hurt during training. It's Dana White fault for cancelling the fight.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There isn't one Greg Jackson fighter on the card besides Jones, why should he care about other gym's guys?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
He didn't screw anyone please, it's Dana White fault for putting a crappy card together. It's Dana White's fault for not having a solid worthy back-up plan( not just some douche that sucks but trash talks) just in case one of his fighters got hurt during training. It's Dana White fault for cancelling the fight.
You're wrong. Especially because that douche that talks trash draws a **** load on PPV and would be a walk in the park for Bones.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
There isn't one Greg Jackson fighter on the card besides Jones, why should he care about other gym's guys?
That's just the way it is. IDK what to tell you....I know a few pro fighters and have spoken to 2 and they both had the same reaction to this.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
You're wrong. Especially because that douche that talks trash draws a **** load on PPV and would be a walk in the park for Bones.
Except without an epic build up he wont.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only against Siva. Other that he is not. No one cared about Sonnen before Silva and in the fights between the Silva fights no one cared. Dana Whites fault.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Except without an epic build up he wont.
Quote:
Only against Siva. Other that he is not. No one cared about Sonnen before Silva and in the fights between the Silva fights no one cared. Dana Whites fault.
The card would have drawn fine. Almost nobody in the fight game supports his decision. That tells you something.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
The card would have drawn fine. Almost nobody in the fight game supports his decision. That tells you something.
it would have drawn fine if you just had it happen and just bumped fights up instead of taking your ball and going home like Dana did.

Will it set records? No. But its still a UFC ppv.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Because they lost money?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Because they lost money?
Naw man. Its a frat. They hate it because of respect..blah blah blah

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-23-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
"Jon Jones is a delusional brat. He talks of being a businessman?! What?! What risks did he take? What capital did he raise? Where exactly is his office located? How many people does me employ? Hey JJ, put me on the phone with your secretary... Oh wait, what?"-Sonnen
And Joe Lauzon hit it on the head

Quote:
Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc... but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc... and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class,† who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class.

I have always been a big Jon Jones supporter... but I would be FURIOUS if this happenned to me and I was on the card. To call is scorched earth wouldn't do it justice.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-23-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Naw man. Its a frat. They hate it because of respect..blah blah blah
No, they hate it because of the money. They would never do it to other fighter out of respect because they know how badly it would screw them over.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a problem with Bones withdrawing on 8 days notice...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can tell you that frats hate other frats

Greg Jackson's camp doesn't give a **** about what people are doing in Iowa or New England

Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

And I heart Ariel

Quote:
Ariel: @arielhelwani: Ok, maybe Chael is the only winner today. Speaking of which, this might be the greatest double turn since Hart/Austin at WM 13.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Ya he is ******* awesome, one of the nicest people I have ever met

Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Didn't see this coming...

Quote:
Jon Jones will not be facing Lyoto Machida at UFC 152 after all.
Instead, Vitor Belfort will fight Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title on Sept. 22 in Toronto. UFC president Dana White confirmed the change with MMAFighting.com late Thursday night.
According to White, Machida turned down the title shot on Thursday. Belfort volunteered to fight Jones on one month's notice and was granted the title shot by the promotion.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Vitor Ks him TFO
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vitor will get ploughed.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be a big-time fan of Jon Jones and his talent, but this is a huge hit for me.

Quote:
Jones shouldn't have taken the fight. He doesn't owe the UFC anything. Sonnen didn't deserve it the guy has beaten anyone and wasn't a threat. The guy is a joke. Jones has defended his title more times in the last 2 years than Silva, GSP or Dos Santos combined.
Jones doesnít owe the UFC? Huh? The UFC and Dana White have dumped a lot of resources into building a platform for Jon Jones and making him a superstar with crossover appeal. Bones got and still gets a ton of face time and heís turned those opportunities into lucrative endorsement deals. Because of the UFC, Jones is able to live the life that he does. Sure, if the UFC cut Jones, a smaller promotion would jump at his potential and he would still fight. But letís be real about the current state of MMA. Mainstream MMA begins and ends with the UFC. Without the UFC, Jon Jones isnít as visible and thus isnít as profitable. Nor does he have the legion of fans he has now. (Or had.)

Before Bones crushed Bader at UFC 119, the latter was undefeated and had people believing he was a phenom. The UFC couldíve pushed and marketed Bader and his impressive wrestling credentials instead. A two-time All-American from a recognizable program. A three-time Pac-10 champion. A unanimous victor against a true legend of the sport in his last fight. But the UFC didnít. The UFC positioned Jones as ďThe Next Generation of FightersĒ even before that and then fed Bader to Jones and Bones took the darling crown for good.

For someone that calls himself a businessman, he made a terrible business decision here. I would agree that Chael Sonnen doesnít pose much of a threat to his throne. Bones has a strong wrestling base in his own right and Iím assuming was drilling takedown defenses in preparation for Hendo. Chael has a more powerful double, but doesnít possess stopping power on the feet and wouldnít want to risk clinching. Jones couldíve at least scrambled to a decision if he didnít finish him in a convincing manner.

But he chose not to. Iím not calling the man scared, because I know heís not scared of Chael, but for some reason, he chose not to fight him. And, in the process, he alienated himself from his promoters, his fellow fighters, and his fan base. Because a replacement couldnít be found, an event had to be cancelled. Which, again, shows wanton disregard for his promoters, his fellow fighters, and his fan base.

Forget whether he believes Chael deserved it. Ignoring the arrogance in holding that belief, that doesnít matter. The UFC believed Chael deserved it. Thatís all that matters. Thatís who the UFC wanted to put in front of him and he, as the champion, declined the challenger. WhatÖ?

Which brings me back to the business part of the equation. Chael wouldíve been good for business and his bottom-line. You might argue Chael is irrelevant without Anderson Silva, but the man knows how to promote a fight. He wouldnít have built it into a must-see megafight in just a week, but he wouldíve spouted off enough garbage to attract at least some interest. More than Vitor Belfort would, for example. Plus, if he dominated Chael from start-to-finish, it would spark the inevitable discussion of how bad Bones could beat down Anderson.

And, to that last point, Jon Jones doesnít deserve to be mentioned next to Anderson Silva or Georges St. Pierre in terms of being a true champion. I donít care if heís defended his title twice as much as both of them combined in the same span. He lost that right when he refused to fight a challenger.

I just hope Vitor has one more aggressive, precise blitz left in him.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame Jones for not taking the fight with Sonnen at 151. The circumstances weren't very good as he wouldn't have had his camp. However, I'm not buying it when he says Chael is a completely different fighter. Chael is a poor man's Hendo.

I don't blame Lyoto for not taking the fight on short notice, either.

That said, while Vitor has everything you need to beat Jones, he's a terrible 205er. When he doesn't have to work to make weight, he gets super lazy. I don't trust Vitor to come to this fight prepared at all. And Vitor is one of my favorite fighters.