Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Xio, I think this should be addressed. I'm fine with kicking yoda out of the league. He has bouts of not even updating his roster.
Not addressing any of these sorts matters til after the season. But Yoda is hardly the least active among managers.

No discussion of this now, please.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I don't reply to ****** offers. This is a new yoda.
Forget getting to the offers, you don't even respond to a PM that starts any discussion.

I've tried it all. PMs just to spur discusssion. PMs that include offers. Nada, no response. Just get out of the league if you're not even gonna play. Your team sucks every year and you don't try to improve. You "forget" to update your roster. blah blah blah.

LOL.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forget getting to the offers, you don't even respond to a PM that starts any discussion.

I've tried it all. PMs just to spur discusssion. PMs that include offers. Nada, no response. Just get out of the league if you're not even gonna play. Your team sucks every year and you don't try to improve. You "forget" to update your roster. blah blah blah.

LOL.
Wow, and I will defntly reply to u now
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if u have so many damn problems with this league, why don't u get the hell out. Ur the one always bitching and ****, so finally go through with it. This league would be more fun anyway, so finally go through with it. No one else ever has a problem, it always seems to be D-Unit, so there.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody shut the **** up.

Thank you.

— Management
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Thank you.

Management
Albert Pujols and Hanley Ramirez for Alfonso Soriano and David DeJesus?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Albert Pujols and Hanley Ramirez for Alfonso Soriano and David DeJesus?
Pass. Hanley is a hot head and Albert is actually 45 years old. Also, I promised Soriano to D-Unit ...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if u have so many damn problems with this league, why don't u get the hell out. Ur the one always bitching and ****, so finally go through with it. This league would be more fun anyway, so finally go through with it. No one else ever has a problem, it always seems to be D-Unit, so there.
I only have one problem. It's with people who don't want to play.

...and c'mon yoda, you can't honestly say you care about this league... or your team. If so, you'd have a lot more success.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Thank you.

Management
The drama in this league is what makes this league. LOL. Seriously.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I only have one problem. It's with people who don't want to play.

...and c'mon yoda, you can't honestly say you care about this league... or your team. If so, you'd have a lot more success.
I want to play and I care. Maybe not to the extent of some, but I do. But at the same time I like to have fun with it too.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I want to play and I care. Maybe not to the extent of some, but I do. But at the same time I like to have fun with it too.
You add zero fun to this league.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not stand for all of this yoda bashing.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It's called reverse psychology.

Yoda had his most productive day of the entire season on the waiver wire as a result of this. I consider my job done.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Thank you yo, u are awesome!

Quote:
It's called reverse psychology.

Yoda had his most productive day of the entire season on the waiver wire as a result of this. I consider my job done.
Haha, I did that before this little spat tho. And I add a lot of fun in this league, who else will have 1/2 his keepers be from his favorite team?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Thank you yo, u are awesome!

Haha, I did that before this little spat tho. And I add a lot of fun in this league, who else will have 1/2 his keepers be from his favorite team?
yo is awesome, but you are still a putz.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
yo is awesome, but you are still a putz.
A very loveable putz. Ur just yelling cuz u love me.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
A very loveable putz. Ur just yelling cuz u love me.
i'm yelling because you broke my heart.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Buster Posey, C
2) Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3) Evan Longoria, 3B
4) Andrew McCutcheon, OF
5) Josh Willingham, OF
6) Felix Hernandez, SP
7) David Price, SP
8) Matt Moore, SP
9) Aroldis Chapman, RP
10) Miguel Montero, C
11) Tommy Hanson, SP
12) Not sure yet

I think that's a pretty solid group.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the midst of the greatest fantasy baseball season ever. Just sit back and enjoy my greatness. No fighting!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm in the midst of the greatest fantasy baseball season ever. Just sit back and enjoy my greatness. No fighting!
D-Unit and I have way more than kissed and made up....and ur team is just unfair its so good, but I must give u props man.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Best and worst picks of each round of the draft:

For the most part, I omitted picks that were bad due to serious injuries sustained. Especially great picks in bold

Round 1

Best :: Gio Gonzalez, GF; Billy Butler, Jug
Worst :: Nearly everyone else due to injuries — Joakim Soria, BF; Cory Luebke, Xio; Lance Berkman, Yoda; Sergio Santos, Max; Brian Wilson, DJP

Round 2
Best :: Johnny Cueto, Jug; Carlos Beltran, Yoda
Worst :: Drew Stubbs, Max; J.J. Hardy, DJP

Round 3

Best :: David Ortiz, D-Unit
Worst :: Jhonny Peralta, GF; Erick Aybar, Yo

Round 4
Best :: Jim Johnson, Xio; Jason Kipnis, Max
Worst :: Delmon Young, Yo;

Round 5
Best :: Chris Sale, Yo; Kenley Jansen, KCJ
Worst :: Adam Lind, BF; DJP, PF and D-Unit, who all took non-closing relievers

Round 6
Best :: Mark Trumbo, KCJ; Austin Jackson, Brodeur; Josh Willingham, DJP; Melky Cabrera, D-Unit (for 75% of the season, that is)
Worst :: Justin Masterson, GF (no truly bad picks that weren't related to injury)

Round 7
Best :: Edwin Encarnacion, Yo; Aroldis Chapman, DJP
Worst :: Chris Iannetta, PF

Round 8
Best :: Dexter Fowler, Yo; Aaron Hill, GF
Worst :: Jason Bourgeois, D-Unit; Aaron Crow, KCJ; Jeff Francoeur, Xio; Geovanny Soto, BF

Round 9

Best :: Colby Rasmus, GF; Alejandro De Aza, Max
Worst :: Mike Minor, KCJ; Francisco Cordero, Prince

Round 10
Best :: Adam Dunn, BF; Jason Kubel, Yoda
Worst :: Jonathan Sanchez, KCJ; Brennan Boesch, Xio

Round 11
Best :: Ian Desmond, Brodeur;
Worst :: Roy Oswalt, Xio

Round 12
Best :: Alex Rios, Xio; Chase Headley, BF (these players were recently swapped oddly enough); Jose Altuve, GF
Worst :: Basically everyone else made a lousy pick

Round 13
Best :: R.A. Dickey, GF; Sergio Romo, Xio; Kyle Lohse, Yo
Worst :: Danny Valencia, Yoda; Daniel Bard, Jug; among others

Round 14
Best :: Jonathan Lucroy, Xio; Jarrod Parker, DJP
Worst :: Julio Teheran, BF

Round 15

Best :: Allen Craig, Yoda; Carlos Ruiz, KCJ
Worst :: Dominic Brown, BF; Johnny Giavotella, Yo; among others

Round 16
Best :: Pedro Alvarez, Yo
Worst :: Ryan Raburn, D-Unit; among many others

Round 17

Best :: Jonathan Broxton, D-Unit
Worst :: Brodeur and BF for drafting prospect pitchers; Mark Melancon, Prince

Round 18
Best :: None
Worst :: All of them

Results here:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...3&#post2892783

Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Mike Trout single-handedly won it for you. Staying healthy helped too actually. Great job though. Congratulations!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the kind words Yoda and D.

Trout is definitely my MVP. I'm so glad I picked him last year and was smart enough to keep him.

Awesome work XIO I enjoyed that. The worst pick I had for Peralta should be blamed on you. You peddled him onto me via text.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Yoda and D.

Trout is definitely my MVP. I'm so glad I picked him last year and was smart enough to keep him.

Awesome work XIO I enjoyed that. The worst pick I had for Peralta should be blamed on you. You peddled him onto me via text.
I distinctly remember giving advice to a few people via text during that draft.

Edwin Encarnacion to Yo and Austin Jackson to Brodeur were two in particular I want to claim partial credit for, haha.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I distinctly remember giving advice to a few people via text during that draft.

Edwin Encarnacion to Yo and Austin Jackson to Brodeur were two in particular I want to claim partial credit for, haha.
So that's why yo traded him to you. I see now. ;)

When I asked, I always got told by yo that he was going to keep Edwin because yo needed his power. Then I see he got traded for Justin "where did my power go" Upton.

I ain't mad tho. Just talking. :)
Closed Thread