Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
just saw on twitter the Titans released Shaun Smith...any chance we take a look at bringing him back?
We will definitely talk to him, but there is no place on the roster right now. If there are injuries, things are different.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my guess is IF the DL plays as crappy vs SEA as it did vs STL then SMith will be a Chiefs within the next 24-48 hours after.the DL was atrocious vs the Rams
Old 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if they have their worst game ever, bringing him in would be a mistake. It would hurt the development of young guys that we're expecting to be contributors later. There is no reason to derail their careers because of a few preseason games where the defenses have been largely vanilla and boring.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they bring him in unless someone gets hurt. I think he will be the first guy they call if God forbid someone went down.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the Nasty edge he brought to the defense when he was here.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Flowers not only playing again but wearing a boot on his foot. If they play the Falcons with no Hali,Flowers and Lewis Matt Ryan is going to carve them up.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Jalil Brown.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our DL is getting manhandled...seriously bring Smith back to KC this is some horrible DL play
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm getting real ******* tired of people diving in to Eric Berry's knees.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

how many dropped passes have we had tonight?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

well good news is cuts will be easy to make after this game
Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just awful. I have absolutely zero confidence in this team going into the opener against Atlanta. Zero. Especially if we don't have Flowers, Lewis, OR Hali? It's going to be as ugly, or uglier, than this game.

Jesus.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

did Peyton Hillis actually play or did he in fact join the CIA?
Old 08-25-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray to God Pioli is fired after this year.

Haley=FAIL
T. Jackson=Bigger fail
Cassel=BIGGEST FAIL

Get this Patriot ******** out of here! Flush that crap down the toilet and start over.

This team is not gonna be successful this year. You want to know why? Because we don't have a good QB or a good overall pass rush which is what you need to succeed in this league.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I pray to God Pioli is fired after this year.

Haley=FAIL
T. Jackson=Bigger fail
Cassel=BIGGEST FAIL

Get this Patriot ******** out of here! Flush that crap down the toilet and start over.

This team is not gonna be successful this year. You want to know why? Because we don't have a good QB or a good overall pass rush which is what you need to succeed in this league.
And the award for worst overreaction after a preseason game goes to..

Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And the award for worst overreaction after a preseason game goes to..
Oh yeah. Anyone that thinks Tyson Jackson is a fail deserves a boobie award.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's not Cassel's fault that everyone not named Dexter couldn't catch.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah there were some awful drops, but this loss is squarely on the shoulders of that defense. My god, without Kendrick Lewis roaming the back of the D and Flowers playing our D looks like hot garbage.

I hope Flow and KLew are ready for the season, otherwise Matt Ryan is going to have a field day.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah there were some awful drops, but this loss is squarely on the shoulders of that defense. My god, without Kendrick Lewis roaming the back of the D and Flowers playing our D looks like hot garbage.

I hope Flow and KLew are ready for the season, otherwise Matt Ryan is going to have a field day.
You mean the defense that's supposed to be the strength of this team? That defense?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You mean the defense that's supposed to be the strength of this team? That defense?
Yes. That defense.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i didnt even finish the game. i watched way to much of it and made it through 3 quarters.

this is where i think we are all depressed. we watched this team struggle through the preseason every year Haley was here. 2011 0-4, 2010 1-3, 2009 0-4. we all could see that a lack of preperation was leading this team to bad starts and not allowing this young roster to get in a groove.

then, we watched this team kick the crap out of the Cardinals. they dominated in every sense and looked like a new team under RAC. they were prepared for most everything and looked to be in a winning frame of mind.

now, we have seen this team revert back to its old habbits. they looked lost in all 3 stages of the game. nothing went right. for us fans, it is the same old same old. it is very easy to become very encouraged/discouraged by what we see in the preseason. especailly when this team comes in with expectations of contending for the division and a playoff spot.

i want us all to remember 1 thing. it is still just the preseason and it means absolutely nothing. if the team wins these 4 games, they aren't guaranteed a playoff game. also, losing these 4 doens't mean anything either. IIRC, the Colts won a SB after going 0-4 in the preseason. i do know these Chiefs won the didvision and finished 10-6 after going 1-3 in the preseason. not to mention the HUGE upgrade 2 more than 1 position, including HC, this team is much more set up for success than failure.

the preseason doesn't amount to anything. does it give us the opportunity to see some red flags about this team, sure. it also gives the coaching staff a good idea of their teams strength and weaknesses. just stick out some of these tough times and you'll be glad in the future.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. I'd rather this **** be happening in the pre-season where they aren't gameplanning very much and still have a few weeks to work out the kinks and get healthier.

Jalil made a couple bad plays (though the PI is the only one I can recall specifically), but Wilson was just making great throws and the safety help just wasn't there. Hopefully they improve communication in the next couple of weeks.

The offense still shows they can move the ball and make plays. Some bad drops and a couple bad throws (they were just forcing things I don't think they would have forced in a regular season game), but I'm not worried about the offense in the least.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I was also not thrilled with Daboll's playcalling.this team needs to be a run first and use play action pass offense.we chucked the ball around way to much last night