Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good would you rate the story from 1 to 10? It seems like its gonna be pretty good

From the demo it seems like it stole parts from alot of major games like batmans fighting style, GTA's open world and Max Payne's bullet time. While still be able to be its own game.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
How good would you rate the story from 1 to 10? It seems like its gonna be pretty good

From the demo it seems like it stole parts from alot of major games like batmans fighting style, GTA's open world and Max Payne's bullet time. While still be able to be its own game.
It's a solid story I would probably give it about an 8. That said it was the combat that kept me coming back for more.

I mean there is nothing like taking out a room full of guys with just hand to hand combat.

The gun play is fun to but I found it refreshing that the focus was on melee.

They "borrowed" somethings from other games but I felt they improved on some of them.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walking Dead Episode 3: "As Soon as Next Week"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...n-as-next-week

Quote:
If you're anxious to get into The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 3: Long Road Ahead, you're not alone. While we let you know the other week that developer Telltale Games was ready to submit the game for approval, we didn't know a release date. We still don't, but Telltale says it could be any day now.

"Episode Three: Long Road Ahead is in submission with our first party partners and we are anxiously awaiting a release date to be confirmed," a Telltale rep said. "We anticipate that this could be as soon as next week, and as soon as we have a confirmation on all platforms, we’ll be letting everyone know as soon as it happens."

Also if you click the link there is a video that they talk about episode 2 and they said something that I didn't catch when playing.

Last edited by Splat : 08-23-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good to see ep. 3 is going to be here very soon even though it will just leave you wanting more which I know is the point.

A preview of WWE '13 it sounds really good for someone like me who loved the attitude era http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-360-ps3.html
Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I ended up downloading Warhammer 40000 Space Marines since it was free on PS+, I would not recommend it.

I should have known by the terrible name.

Last edited by Splat : 08-24-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been craving the new walking dead lol.

Also are any of the other free PS+ games worth the download?
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
I really enjoyed Infamous 2, I felt it was much improved over the first one. I also would recommend Outland if you like platform games.

Bloodrayne Betrayal is decent but hard as hell.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
I've been craving the new walking dead lol.

Pacman, just cause and Outland best I've played so far
Old 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the terrible name? ...it's been a game series for over 30 years under that name.
Doesn't make the game any better.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Finally playing batman Arkham city and it lived up to the hype so far an amazing game
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finally playing batman Arkham city and it lived up to the hype so far an amazing game
I haven't played games in weeks but I'm still in the middle of AA. I want to finish that before playing AC

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AC is so much bigger, it's crazy. Absolutely amazing game. They're both fantastic, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
AC is so much bigger, it's crazy. Absolutely amazing game. They're both fantastic, however.
AC is reserved for Assassins Creed. Let's use City versus Asylum.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I thought Arkham Asylum was a bit overrated but I still enjoyed it. I haven't got around to playing Arkham City yet.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I was never a batman fan, but tried Arkham Asylum out and liked it bc the story was good and Joker is such a great bad guy. I had heard all the great things about Arkham City. Why I knew it would be good I wasn't sure if it would be much better as open world games are hit and miss for me. The open world works out bc its easy, quick and fun to get to all the new places. Also much of the core gameplay is the same so it was easier for me to figure out where to go and what the gadgets did.

I think I enjoy playing with catwoman more then batman bc her whip makes it easier to stun people. I haven't really did any of the side missions yet gonna finish the main story first. Its been a while since i've played a game where I've had to force myself to turn it off.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Not that anyone cares but here is my list of top 10 fav games

1. Uncharted 3
2. Uncarted 2
3. NCAA 11 & 12
4. Heavy Rain
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. L.A Noire
7. Batman Arkham City
8. Resistance 3
9. NBA 2K series
10. Mass Effect 2
Old 08-27-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

My top 3 since I got my PS3 in November would easily be Mass Effect 2,Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption in that order.

After that my list would probably look different everyday.

Sleeping Dogs and Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning would probably round out my top 5 though.

I know I'm alone in my KOA love.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
My top 3 since I got my PS3 in November would easily be Mass Effect 2,Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption in that order.

After that my list would probably look different everyday.

Sleeping Dogs and Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning would probably round out my top 5 though.

I know I'm alone in my KOA love.
Based on your recommendation alone I intend to try out Kingdoms of Amalur at some point.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
AC is reserved for Assassins Creed. Let's use City versus Asylum.
AC is reserved for Animal Crossing. Screw those other games.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 08-27-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many of you are getting Madden this year ?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart to put Borderlands on there before the 2nd one comes out later in September.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Freaking sweet! I was planning on picking up Borderlands this weekend and will just wait now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How many of you are getting Madden this year ?
I'm thinking of just renting it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably going to be selling my PS3. I have two at my house, the one in the living room is 160 GB, and it's hardly been used. Could throw in a few games too like Batman, NHL 12, MLB 11, Madden 12.......How much do you guys think I can get?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that the Fat PS3 or the slim one?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote