Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to ignore everything else in this thread, because I don't have a strong opinion on any of it. I will say this, however: Drew Brees was a much better prospect coming into the NFL.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn will get his shot at some point this season, but Wilson should be the starter. He's looked ready and seeing the success rookie QB's are having I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson was this years Andy Dalton as the non 1st round rookie QB to step up. I like this Seattle team and if Wilson can give them consistent QB play they will be in play for a wild card spot.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona is going to be pumped to shut down Wilson is week one. I'm sure they'll be hearing every single day about how Wilson is the next this and that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Flynn hates TO...in the game they played together he had 3-4 drops including a long TD catch - I am sure that hurt Flynn's chances. Good for Wilson though but let's see how he adjusts once teams get film on him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can anyone root against this guy ?

I want him to succeed badly.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted BOTH to get a shot, so it's a win either way. But to bring Flynn in and sign him to what essentially is the equivalent of high 1st round rookie QB money and then to bench him is strange to me.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
How can anyone root against this guy ?

I want him to succeed badly.
Pretty much this.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm going to ignore everything else in this thread, because I don't have a strong opinion on any of it. I will say this, however: Drew Brees was a much better prospect coming into the NFL.
No he wasn't.

Brees had arm strength concerns as well as height concerns. Wilson has height concerns, that is the only knock on him. Wilson is also clearly more mobile than Brees.

I'm not gonna come out and say that Wilson is going to be as good or better than Brees, but Brees was not a ""much better" prospect. Slightly better, maybe. Brees wouldn't have gone at pick #1 in the 2nd round if he was in last years draft class, in 2001 all he had to conted with was Vick, Quincy Carter and Marques Tuiasosopo. You put Wilson in that draft class and he would have gone in the early 2nd round as well.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 08-27-2012 at 08:48 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That didn't take long. I thought he'd have to at least play a regular season game first.
What? This was being said when he was still t Wisconsin. Where have you been?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's too short to start. Must've had a growth spurt this summer.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

atleast this makes seattle intresting now
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christ I love you njx.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm curious, how much attention were you paying in that draft? how much scouting did you actually do? did you see brees play in college?

i ask because this is such a massive load of revisionist crap that i sincerely hope you weren't really watching football at that point.

additionally (and completely unrelated), the brees/wilson comparisons are so lazy. no wonder espn is garbage. they cater to people who eat this garbage up and then parrot it back because they're not capable of thinking for themselves.

I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not saying Brees wasn't deserving of where he was picked, actually he should have gone higher. He fell due to his height, just like Wilson. What I'm saying is that Wilson was also underrated as a prospect dye to his height, he fell even further than Brees did though, because there were a lot more QBs to chose from this year.

I also agree about the Brees comparisons. They're both short, that's about it, they have completely different play styles.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many wins does Russell snag up as a starter?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i intensely disagree about the differences between brees and wilson. there was no doubt in my mind that drew brees should've been a first round pick (and i was unbelievably angry that the chargers somehow got him in the second). i don't know that, other than maybe mobility, there's a single thing russell wilson did nearly as well as brees did in college, and i don't doubt that, had they been in the same draft, 32 teams out of 32 would've taken brees higher.

this, again, tends to be the issue with discussing anything less recent than 3 years ago on this board. most people were likely in middle school in 2001, and were neither capable of following the draft as closely, nor smart enough to have any real understanding of what they were seeing, or alternately, have no real perspective for how slightly more than a decade can alter your initial perception of a player. see: every thread about vick as a prospect that doesn't end with him being picked first.
Quote for muther ******* truth! This is a huge short term memory board

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As pro prospects, Wilson and Brees are more similar than people are giving them credit.

Wilson has a stronger arm than Brees did coming out of Purdue, and Wilson IMO would have been rated the higher prospect because he played under center at Wisconsin as opposed to Brees who was almost exclusively in the shotgun in college.

I know it's hard to separate Brees the pro prospect from Brees the future HOFer and SB champ, but there are similarities between these two guys coming out.

People talk as if Brees totally outclasses Wilson as a college player.

EDIT:
I still contend Mike Vick's draft year was a fluke. He would not have been the consensus 1/1 pick for every team in the league. Vick was drafted almost strictly on tools and potential, and over a decade later NFL fans are still waiting for him to realize that enormous physical ability.

If you want your QB to lead his position in rushing for most of his career, Vick is your man. But he NEVER developed as a passer until he was released from the Fed and tutored under Andy Reid.

IMO Vick would not have been taken before Carson Palmer, Eli, Philip Rivers, Leinart, Cutler, Jamarcus Russell, Stafford, Bradford, Newton, Luck or RGIII if he had been available in the same draft these former 1st rounders were taken.

Vick's hype was that he was a more athletic Steve Young,(both were left handed), who possessed both unheard of speed and rare arm strength/release for the QB position.

I tend to believe NFL scouting is more sophisticated than it was in 2001 when it comes to evaluating the QB position.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 08-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan, im concerned about the Seahawks. Rams will be the worst team and the Cardinals wont be much better but the Seahawks are going to be a pain in the ass.

Wilson outplayed Flynn and took the starting job. Barring injury, I'll be surprised if Wilson doesnt play the entire season. Damn good defense and running game. Solid special teams. If the Seahawks OL gives Wilson time, im actually worried about what he can do.

Not good. More concerned about the Seahawks with Wilson than I was with Flynn. :(
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson is my man! I wanted the Packers to get him badly but its going to be awesome to watch him. I wish I could watch Flynn start as well but there's probably a good chance we will get to at some point.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

I'm curious what better 'intangibles' Brees had over Wilson coming out of college.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
As a 49ers fan, im concerned about the Seahawks. Rams will be the worst team and the Cardinals wont be much better but the Seahawks are going to be a pain in the ass.

Wilson outplayed Flynn and took the starting job. Barring injury, I'll be surprised if Wilson doesnt play the entire season. Damn good defense and running game. Solid special teams. If the Seahawks OL gives Wilson time, im actually worried about what he can do.

Not good. More concerned about the Seahawks with Wilson than I was with Flynn. :(
^^^This^^^ Geez, Dan you somehow absconded with my post as this is almost word for word what I was going to say!

Speaking as a Rams fan I can only say that I have been watching rather nervously over the past few years as the Hawks have seemingly added one piece after another. I was hoping against hope that they would NOT find a decent QB as that was the one area that was holding them from progressing even more.

This kind of reminds me of the situation with the Niners last year. As long as Alex Smith continued to suck the Niners would never really move forward. However, we all saw what happened last year when the light finally came on for him.

If Wilson works out Seattle could be the surprise team of this year, much like the Niners were last year.

Let's hope not.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody post that pic of his GF/wife's reaction when he got drafted. That was so knarly! eeek. but funny at the same time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
This D? (10 Char)
Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This D? (10 Char)
You are the man! That is a wicked ***** right there man... I have to severely question Wilson's intangibles after making this choice.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm curious, how much attention were you paying in that draft? how much scouting did you actually do? did you see brees play in college?

i ask because this is such a massive load of revisionist crap that i sincerely hope you weren't really watching football at that point.

additionally (and completely unrelated), the brees/wilson comparisons are so lazy. no wonder espn is garbage. they cater to people who eat this garbage up and then parrot it back because they're not capable of thinking for themselves.
I don't know much about Wilson and how strong his arm really is, but that was a knock against Brees coming out of college. He was accurate, a winner, but his height and lack of arm strength was probably what knocked him down to the second round. It was evident during his years with the Chargers as well even towards the end of 2005.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to hate on Wilson but I really hate how quickly people bring up Drew Brees when talking about Wilson. Brees has absolutely elite accuracy, and thinks the game at an incredibly high level...and he still sucked donkey nuts for his first few years while he figured out how to operate amongst the trees. Not saying Wilson's going to suck at all, but the expectations for him to flourish because of the QB Drew Brees has now become, are simply absurd.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote