Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Aaron Hernandez Gets an Extension

Per Schefter:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Now both young TEs locked up long term: Patriots reached agreement with TE Aaron Hernandez on long-term contract extension, per NFL source.

I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 08-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Belichick's approach this year. The aggression shown in extending Gronk and Hernandez plus the moves made through the draft show a real intent on his part.

It's also maybe a bit of an indictment to Chung and Vollmer. We all knew Welker wasn't going to get extended but those two guys should have been next in line, however their inability to stay healthy may mean at least one of them walk soon. Although it also means one could be headed for the tag next year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any idea on the terms yet? It'll give Titans fans an idea of what to expect for Jared Cook.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Any idea on the terms yet? It'll give Titans fans an idea of what to expect for Jared Cook.
Nothing yet, it usually takes a bit of times when it's the Patriots were talking about. I'd expect it to be in the $36-40 mil range...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
All that's been disclosed is that Hernandez is now signed for the next seven seasons; he had two years remaining on his rookie deal.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Nothing yet, it usually takes a bit of times when it's the Patriots were talking about. I'd expect it to be in the $36-40 mil range...
I'd be very happy if they were able to lock him up that cheap.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'd be very happy if they were able to lock him up that cheap.
Gronk received 6y $53 mil. Hernandez' contract is one year shorter and he hasn't produced like Gronk. My initial thought was about $40 mil though, but I put in a lower figure simply because he hasn't been able to stay healthy and seem like he really wants to be in NE.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I love Belichick's approach this year. The aggression shown in extending Gronk and Hernandez plus the moves made through the draft show a real intent on his part.

It's also maybe a bit of an indictment to Chung and Vollmer. We all knew Welker wasn't going to get extended but those two guys should have been next in line, however their inability to stay healthy may mean at least one of them walk soon. Although it also means one could be headed for the tag next year
If you're going to let Vollmer go, we will gladly, GLADLY, take him in Chicago.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I'm sure a lot of teams would gladly take a healthy Vollmer. When healthy he was one of the best RTs in the league. He just hasn't been able to stay on the field lately. Even if he rebounds this year I'd be weary about giving him a large extension.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm sure a lot of teams would gladly take a healthy Vollmer. When healthy he was one of the best RTs in the league. He just hasn't been able to stay on the field lately. Even if he rebounds this year I'd be weary about giving him a large extension.
Yeah health is the big key to him staying in NE. I think in an ideal world Belichick would have liked to have him locked up before this year, however he will be looking for pretty good money and I'm not sure the front office would be willing to pay it if he can't stay healthy. If he stays healthy then I would be surprised if he wasn't kept. Big if though, because it's a back thing and he's had it since he was in college

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, 2013 will be a good year for free agent tackles at least. I expect the top of the line guys like Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Branden Albert to get locked up/franchise tagged, but that next tier down has some intriguing players like Vollmer, Jermon Bushrod, Eben Britton....less than ideal, but any one of them could upgrade J'Marcus Webb for us.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty sure I would be an upgrade over J'Marcus Webb, and I'm 6'1" 200 lbs.. There was a lot of hype surrounding Britton a few years back when he entered the draft early. My understanding is that he's been a disappointment so far.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
His problem isn't skill or $$$. It's his back. If the Patriots don't resign him, I would not expect much from him. (Really good OTs don't make it to the market)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you Patriots for being such a god damn genius.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hernandez through 2018.
Gronk through 2019.

Brady's contract runs through 2014, making him 37, and he's said he wants to play until he's 40. For those keeping score.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really love this for the Pats. These guys really have kept the team near the top of the AFC as much as anyone sans Brady. They're both extremely young and here for a long time. Being proactive and getting this done while they still had a lot of leverage was a great call. Now we have a couple of years before we have another guy who is a must sign kind of player hit the market.

Also, having these 2 here will very much help the post Brady transition go a lot more smoothly.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so happy this got done I was worried we wouldn't pay him. Having both of them for the future is awesome.

Vollmers status is really up in the air, as others were saying when he's healthy he is rock solid but he has not been healthy in a while.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Looks like Razor was right about Hernandez's deal:

Quote:
Greg A. Bedard: Hernandez deal: five year extension worth $40 million with $12.5-million signing bonus and $16.4 million guaranteed.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 08-27-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Looks like AntoinCD was right about Hernandez:
Who? ;) Anyways, that's a good deal for both parties.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like how the contracts for TE's haven't caught up with the value of the position in today's NFL. The deals for Hernandez and Gronk are absolute steals compared to what guys like V. Jackson got on the open market.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I really like how the contracts for TE's haven't caught up with the value of the position in today's NFL. The deals for Hernandez and Gronk are absolute steals compared to what guys like V. Jackson got on the open market.
It also tells us a lot about Gronk and Hernandez. They love football and being in NE. They're exactly the type of persons that you want to pay big bucks, but you won't need to. There are simply too few persons like this playing in the NFL. I can't wait for NO to grossly overpay Graham, further crippling their team.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Aaron Hernandez makes as much as Ray Rice? Hmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
So Aaron Hernandez makes as much as Ray Rice? Hmmm...
Not exactly because Hernandez is keeping his 2012 and 2013 salaries. They have him locked up for the next 7 seasons for essentially $41 million.