Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just caught up on Newsroom and I enjoyed the first season. It can certainly be much better. There are just way too many plot twists as descendency said.

I actually think Olivia Munn has done a solid job acting on the show. Quite surprised.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munn has been looking good the past couple of episodes. I thought all of the main females looked good in this one, especially.

That's all I really have to comment on, right now. The show just doesn't stand out to me. Sam Waterston is awesome, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ever hear the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" line?
I think she is pretty cute

:\

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caught the finale last night and I thought it was pretty good. Sure it had it's 'Sorky' moments but all in all it wasn't a bad way to go out. Hopefully next season will improve upon the first though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we really, REALLY going to do this Olivia Munn ******** again?? Really??

Yeah, totally 2/10. Would not bang.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't care less what Munn talks about. She'd definitely attractive and she's done a good job on Newsroom. I've never even watched her on anything else before.

2nd episode of Copper was very good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else think McKenzie made the girl from Northwestern ask that question? I couldn't tell if that's why they were implying last night or not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Newsroom was good. I guess it is expecting too much for the love rhombus to be over. But it seemed like it finally came to a resolution. Now that the tabloid is gone I'd bet that the gossip columnist is going to join the crew as well.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will probably watch The Newsroom tonight at some point. I feel like I am alone in my dislike for Sam Waterston. I find his character annoying and unrealistic. Jeff Daniels really makes the show for me.

True Blood really does not know how to end a season. They are so ******* awful at it. I actually enjoy the show. The show can be really unintentionally hilarious and I love anything with Eric, Jason, and Jessica. What a ******* anti climatic way for Russel ******* Edgenton to die. At times this season his character was great but I found most of the time anything with him fell flat. I also hate every ******* scene with Alcide or any ******* werewolf. I think at this point I watch the show for the same reason I watch The Walking Dead, dumbed down entertainment that is very much mockable. Despite all of True Bloods flaws though I still find it is a better show than The Walking ******* Dead although I am sure all the gratuitous violence, language, and nudity helps.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And you know, stuff happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And you know, stuff happens.
Well ya, that too. I think we can all agree that The Walking Dead is a dumbed down pile of **** that should be so much better than it is. That is what you get when you writers room consists of mongoloids. I mean how the **** else where they able to so successfully butcher the translation to TV of a great graphic novel series about zombies?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just look for any excuse to butcher that show and its writers, I'm a Dbag. Out of the few episodes I watched of true blood, I would say its only slightly better. I can critique TWD much better because I'm fully caught up.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I just look for any excuse to butcher that show and its writers, I'm a Dbag. Out of the few episodes I watched of true blood, I would say its only slightly better. I can critique TWD much better because I'm fully caught up.
The fact that it is on HBO helps a lot. Also, True Blood has more than one great character. TWD is just ******* awful. I have to think they sit around and think about how to write the dumbest show possible and it pains me to talk to people who say The Walking Dead is the best show on television. At the same time I always have fun breaking down why the show is awful and asking why they like it. I understand entertainment is subjective but I have yet to get a real reason. Just 'It's badass' and '******* zombies and ****'. Ugh, **** people.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I ask people who they like for characters and they just reply "Well, the asian guy was cool before he got whipped this season".

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn is still awesome! But honestly I think HBO would have done a better job with TWD. It has strayed so far away from the comics that it is barely the same story anymore. I also know that way to many scenes from the prison story line are going to be changed.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Yeah I ask people who they like for characters and they just reply "Well, the asian guy was cool before he got whipped this season".
The thing is, the asian guy wasn't even that cool, he was just surrended by one of the worst casts in the history of television.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Glenn is still awesome! But honestly I think HBO would have done a better job with TWD. It has strayed so far away from the comics that it is barely the same story anymore. I also know that way to many scenes from the prison story line are going to be changed.
While I think you are right about the show being better on HBO I really think they just need a whole new group of people creating and writing the show, Gore, swearing, and nudity are nice but no substitute for great writing. So much ******* potential and all of it squandered.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The second episode in where he was introduced I thought he was really cool, and his knack for surviving. But other than that yes, the show doesn't have a single likeable character.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
The second episode in where he was introduced I thought he was really cool, and his knack for surviving. But other than that yes, the show doesn't have a single likeable character.

The only good character on the show and it seemed like the writers were pulling out of the stops to change that and make him a whiny ***** this season. ONE good character on a show. That is pathetic.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Mmm ok ok fair enough he is also a pretty likeable character, even if he is still just chilling with a bunch of people that left his brother for dead haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen people talk so much about a show they hate.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Its not ending anytime soon. I'm looking forward to new episodes soon :)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've never seen people talk so much about a show they hate.
It's like Xio and Brodie with The Newsroom.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Newsroom sucks.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't hate TWD I actually like the series. The comics are just so much better it makes the show fail in comparison. As far as it being on HBO is concerned. Its more than just nudity and gore. It has a lot more to do with a better budget, and more likely would have stayed with the comic a little better. I understand though. HOLY **** YOU CAN'T SHOW THAT ON BASIC CABLE! type things.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: