Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't know I still think he can be an average QB in this league. I think he takes more **** than he should. Tebow is the terrible one.

Sounds like Hosley might be back Week 1 also! Would be good to at least have him back with Prince and TT out.
Being better than Tebow is an empty compliment. He's bad. There is a good chance I can count on one hand the starting QBs in this league I wouldn't want more than Sanchez.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did I enter the Jets thread?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is better than Tebow pretty much, I never compared the 2. Sanchez still makes a lot of nice throws which leads me to believe he can be an average/game manager type QB. He needs to get away from Rex though and get with an offensive minded coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boley sounds doubtful for Week 1. Good thing Rivers has looked as well as he has so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, if we look good early, it'll be minus Boley and Canty, which would be good. Getting canty back week 7 or so will be a nice boost/surprise, especially if we're playing well. especially since after the bye, our schedule is hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Witten likely will not play as well. I guess missing Boley and Witten cancels things out in a way.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and ratliff most likely being out would be awesome too.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Ratliff is definitely out. Austin and Dez with nagging injuries also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Ratliff is for certain out, Witten won't be ruled out because he's a warrior and wouldn't doubt that he won't dress but he's not going to play. Austin & Dez will be fine, but you have to wonder how healthy Austin is or what type of role he'll play. They say we were just being cautious, but it's a nagging hamstring issue for a speed WR. You can be fine in pre-game warm ups but the moment you open up on a deep route you'll re-injur it or the opposite one for over compensating for it.

Dez will be fine, but his playing style is going to lead to a ton of injury reports this year, but I suspect he'll be double covered nearly everywhere he goes. I love the Boley v Witten match-up, that's quality football right there and hate that I can't see it. I expect us to force feed Demarco Murray as much as possible, and think he'll get 25 touches minimum.

Felix looks like garbage now, Austin isn't ready for a huge role, and our WR3 role will likely be a committee with a bunch of guys. Though something to keep an eye on is if Cole Beasley gets that job, he's in the Amendola mold where in that slot he's just tough to cover especially on 3rd downs.

The 2 match-ups I'll be most looking forward too now is Nicks v Carr and JPP v Tyron. Plan on dvr'ing the game and checking back on both of those 2 match-ups as they should be really fun to watch. For your offense, David Wilson is gonna be the mis match that's obvious, hopefully you guys don't put the kid gloves on with him, we never can contain those backs, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea Ratliff is for certain out, Witten won't be ruled out because he's a warrior and wouldn't doubt that he won't dress but he's not going to play. Austin & Dez will be fine, but you have to wonder how healthy Austin is or what type of role he'll play. They say we were just being cautious, but it's a nagging hamstring issue for a speed WR. You can be fine in pre-game warm ups but the moment you open up on a deep route you'll re-injur it or the opposite one for over compensating for it.

Dez will be fine, but his playing style is going to lead to a ton of injury reports this year, but I suspect he'll be double covered nearly everywhere he goes. I love the Boley v Witten match-up, that's quality football right there and hate that I can't see it. I expect us to force feed Demarco Murray as much as possible, and think he'll get 25 touches minimum.

Felix looks like garbage now, Austin isn't ready for a huge role, and our WR3 role will likely be a committee with a bunch of guys. Though something to keep an eye on is if Cole Beasley gets that job, he's in the Amendola mold where in that slot he's just tough to cover especially on 3rd downs.

The 2 match-ups I'll be most looking forward too now is Nicks v Carr and JPP v Tyron. Plan on dvr'ing the game and checking back on both of those 2 match-ups as they should be really fun to watch. For your offense, David Wilson is gonna be the mis match that's obvious, hopefully you guys don't put the kid gloves on with him, we never can contain those backs, ever.

I am interested in playing you guys. Win or lose, I feel confident playing you guys now then when Parcells was there. I do want to see how you guys handle our NASCAR package where we have Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, and Osi against your OL. Someone is going to have an issue and that's without us blitzing.

If we rush 3 and drop 8, which Fewell did last season I will throw something at the tv! Our WR situation interests me. Carr may do well against Nicks because Nicks has yet to play. Cruz, Randle, and JJ will be interesting. That means Z and another slot if we go 4 wide.

I am happy to see Bennett against your team. I wonder how he will do. So far I can't say anything bad. He blocks well and has caught everything thrown to him. I think we match well against your team, and if your team is more injured than ours, then I think it will be tough especially playing away for you guys.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i dont want kid gloves on Wilson at all. Let him loose. But I feel Ware's going to be ahead of him early. TC doesn't like rookies much. Once Bradshaw gets banged up and Ware doesn't take advantage and Wilson has a few big plays, he'll start to take over more. We're all really excited for him now.

And once BBD pointed it out I really noticed how much slower Bradshaw really looks out there. Dude's a warrior and can still make things happen, but Wilson is going to start taking a lot more touches. A nice committee we're gonna have with those 2 this year and down the road
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Coughlin has been visibly annoyed with Ware. I'm guessing Wilson gets about 5-8 touches in the 1st game. We saw some different playcalling from Gilbride with Wilson in there. The one misdirection run that we saw was totally new for this offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Coughlin has been visibly annoyed with Ware. I'm guessing Wilson gets about 5-8 touches in the 1st game. We saw some different playcalling from Gilbride with Wilson in there. The one misdirection run that we saw was totally new for this offense.
that misdirection toss play was awesome. totally new wrinkle to our O. I also love how Eli went right to the rookie on the pass play after he had 2 straight long runs
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that misdirection toss play was awesome. totally new wrinkle to our O. I also love how Eli went right to the rookie on the pass play after he had 2 straight long runs
This. When I saw that play, I got sooo excited, because we've never seen that from our offense before. I always watch other teams with creative running attacks, and come away very jealous of their creativeness! If we can incorporate some more of this in our offense, we would be pretty darn good with Eli and his WRs as well!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have no doubts we're going to score a lot of points this year. If the D plays like it did in the playoffs then we'll be having a lot of fun drunken Sundays.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm excited about what Wilson brings to the table. His playing time will probably be determined by whether or not he fumbles and if he can block.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

http://deadspin.com/5938121/why-your...eam-sucks-2012
Old 08-28-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
"I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the ******* Jets."

"-This offseason, instead of signing a safety with some coverage skills or a right tackle who isn't nicknamed "EZPass," they choose to trade for Tim Tebow and hire the architect of the Miami Dolphins offense. The only saving grace is that Nick Folk is so ****** that Sparano will hardly have an opportunity to pull a running fist pump after every ******* field goal."

This is ******* hilarious, hahahah! Those are exerpts from two of the fan e-mails, which really cracked me up :)

I'm kind of looking forward to reading the Giants one as well!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The NFC East ones will be funny. Lots of stuff to pick on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously why is this place full of Jets **** now?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Seriously why is this place full of Jets **** now?
In an incredibly awesome way, the Giants are kind of boring. Which I like. But at the same time it is quite fun to bring up the clusterfuck that is the NY Jets currently.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
In an incredibly awesome way, the Giants are kind of boring. Which I like. But at the same time it is quite fun to bring up the clusterfuck that is the NY Jets currently.
Pretty much this.

It hasn't been that much anyway. It's been a few posts on 2 pages.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
And once BBD pointed it out I really noticed how much slower Bradshaw really looks out there. Dude's a warrior and can still make things happen, but Wilson is going to start taking a lot more touches. A nice committee we're gonna have with those 2 this year and down the road
I noticed this too. I don't want to take anything away from Bradshaw and he should still be really good this year, but it was really obvious in the difference in burst and explosion between the two. There are probably still a bunch of things Bradshaw does better, but if Wilson shows he can be a solid pass protector I see no reason to not shift more to a RBBC like you guys used to do. Wilson strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't need 20-25 touches to make his presence felt, and if you can conistently find 15 creative ways to put the ball in his hands good things will happen. I'd be willing to bet if he gets more then 10 touches opening night he'll break off a long one.

I always liked Wilson, think he's the best RB since Kevin Jones to come out of VTech and maybe a better prospect then him, the speed and explosion was expected but the balance, power, and patience were all a big surprise and those are things you expected to come with time, not right out of the gate. The fact that he's got those traits to boot could mean trouble for the division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am interested in playing you guys. Win or lose, I feel confident playing you guys now then when Parcells was there. I do want to see how you guys handle our NASCAR package where we have Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, and Osi against your OL. Someone is going to have an issue and that's without us blitzing.

I'm glad you brought that up because since I've had some time to see it more often, is this anything new you guys are doing or did Spags run this when he was here? Maybe it just had a different name but the same formation? None the less, your D-line should destroy our offensive line. I love Tyron but that's all we have and Free has even downgraded his play at RT from a few years ago, now he's just 'solid'. The only mis-match we can try to exploit is quick drop backs and hope our WR's can make plays against your DB's since you've had some injuries there.

Thing about Garrett is he always wants to do these deep drops in his offense, 5 and 7 steps, then Romo wants to spin out of stuff and make a magician move. Sometimes it turns into TD's but when facing a strong pass rush it can more often then not end up in a terrible turnover. If we get down early, where we can't utilize Murray as much, and your D-line can just tee it up after the QB it'll get ugly fast.

I would expect a bunch of 3 step drop backs, screens, draws, and then a combination of them all over again before going deep. It's the only chance we have to neatrulize the pass rush and give our line any sort of chance at holding their blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We did the same thing under Spags with Strahan instead of JPP. Spags called it his 4 Aces package.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags blitzed more with that package on the field though. Plus he had better stunts in my opinion.

Fewell's blitz packages suck. They take forever to develop, and they are long wide angles.

I miss Spags.