Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mega ******* deal with Xio, because you people are mean!

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Mega ******* deal with Xio, because you people are mean!
Don't blame me. I just clicked accept.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I could get more deals done, but overall fine with where I'm at going into next season.

I'll say it was pretty frustrating not getting responses back from PMs. I don't get the reasons why though. Trade deadline talk is one of the funnest times of the year. I don't get why folks don't like to work through trades and talk. Xio, GF, Brody, djp, and prince were fun to talk to. Yo was ok... didn't always respond and if he did it was days later... He made me laugh a couple times though. KCJ was like a ghost. I would get offers and counter offers through yahoo but never got a single PM or text back to discuss them. It was really weird. Jughead just never responded at all. No fun. He did pull off the biggest shocker in trading Stanton though. I never thought he'd let him go.

How'd the action go for you guys?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't quite understand the Stanton trade either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, are you in denial over why you don't get replies back from some people or as often as you'd like?

Most people here know why you don't get much done.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do my best to respond quickly. I work kinda weird hours and if I go out afterwards I can't get to my computer for up to a day or so.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
D, are you in denial over why you don't get replies back from some people or as often as you'd like?

Maybe I am. Why is it?

I dunno about not being able to get much done. You think that?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who are you offering up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not Carlos Gonzalez for Matt Cain.
Quote:
Haha. You know I offered Cain plus more but we never got to who that more was.

Cain plus any of these 2?

Danny Hultzen
Tyler Skaggs
Salvador Perez
Kevin Youkilis
Trevor Plouffe
Ryan Ludwick
Michael Morse
Michael Young
Neftali Feliz
Fernando Rodney
Melky Cabrera
One decent player plus a ton of spare parts (that aren't keepers, so there's no benefit to the other owner) for an elite player.

I don't blame you for trying, but I also don't blame people from either not responding or just saying no.

I really don't want to get into this any further.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So you're saying bad offers will cause people to get offended and not respond?

C'mon man... this is free fantasy baseball. This is not supposed to get people offended. I don't think bad offers would ever be a reason why you would not respond to someone's PM.

Someone can send me the crappiest offer ever. I never respond mean... or not at all. Talking trade is fun for me, but not when discussion can't get off the ground or reponses are few and far between. I must say... talks with djp, PF, GF and KCJ are the funnest for me. KCJ was just weird this time. Invisible man.

Also, I'll be real interested to see what rounds those players you quoted go when we have our draft. I think it will be a lot sooner than later.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yes, I absolutely think that bad offers cause people not to bother responding. In fact, I've explicitly been told by two members of this league that that is true.

To your second point, it doesn't matter what rounds those players are taken in. The reason that type of offer sucks is the person receiving 3 players for 1 still cannot keep more than 12 players.

If Brodeur had said, sure, I'll give you Cargo for Cain, Rodney and Morse (probably the best trio he could have had there), that only would have meant he'd be cutting two players like Motte and Cespedes from his keeper list to stay at 12 guys. He's not adding to the value to his collection of keepers because he has to cut players that are basically just as good, while losing the best player in the trade overall.

You can make a case that trading one A+ level player for three B-level player makes sense early in the season, but not late in the year when that new depth can't be taken advantage of at all. Any team that's low in the standings is nearly always making a mistake by trading a star or near-star player away.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So anyways, this discussion took a turn I didn't expect. I didn't mean to try to get myself insulted. lol. Just wanted to see how people's deadline action went for them. I had fun. I thought I had a chance with djp and McClutchen, but that didn't work out. I thought I might've had a chance at Ellsbury, but that fell through too. I think if I had rejected KCJ's awesome offer and made it better for him, that my trade for David Wright would've went through. I really wanted him. I thought I might see if I could afford Victorino, but PF wasn't interested either. Brodeur will trade me CarGo one day.... I haven't caught him in a weak moment yet, but I will like always. hahaha. Overall it was pretty exciting deadline, filled in with some frustration from not hearing back from KCJ. But overall was fun. I think I improved my IF a little bit.

People should still have the courtesy to reply in this league. Sometimes trade talks have to start low before you get somewhere. I don't get why people get offended, but *shrugs* whatevs.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Point out where you were insulted.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I've already said I'm taking measures to reduce member inactivity in the offseason. I reevaluate every offseason. But there's not much I can do about it in season.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Quote:
Point out where you were insulted.
Haha, c'mon Xio, you're not throwing me compliments out there. Are YOU in denial of that? lol.

What measurements are going to happen?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Haha, c'mon Xio, you're not throwing me compliments out there. Are YOU in denial of that? lol.

What measurements are going to happen?
Yeah, that's not an insult. You made comments about your exasperation at people not replying to your PMs. I just said there are reasons you should be able to deduce yourself.

And I'm not discussing those measures until the season is over for obvious reasons.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that's not an insult. You made comments about your exasperation at people not replying to your PMs. I just said there are reasons you should be able to deduce yourself.

And I'm not discussing those measures until the season is over for obvious reasons.
You're just a professional insulter, you prick! Sick'em yoda! Sick'em! Bite his leg off!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You're just a professional insulter, you prick! Sick'em yoda! Sick'em! Bite his leg off!
Oh, there's an insult. First one we've seen.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Oh, there's an insult. First one we've seen.
vote: Xiomera

You need to play mafia so I can lead a lynch against you. It would be so fun.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't bite his leg :wink
Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just so everyone is aware, I had to manually enter the trades between KCJ/Jug and Yo/KCJ.

They weren't vetoed and they weren't processed by Yahoo.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Just want to remind people that setting your lineups daily remains a requirement. Any attempt to tank for a better draft pick over the final month will not go unnoticed. Have pride. Play to finish as best you can.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to tank for the 1st pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just want to remind people that setting your lineups daily remains a requirement. Any attempt to tank for a better draft pick over the final month will not go unnoticed. Have pride. Play to finish as best you can.
I don't intend on doing this but why do you care about that? It's gamesmanship. It's fair strategy, imo. You're fooling yourself if you think people will have pride in fighting for 7th place. Draft position matters. You always talk about helping guys improve their team. Well, this is another means. This is commonly done in professional sports.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm trying to tank for the 1st pick.
I bet you are. I mean, Brodeur is really reaping the benefits of having last year's #1 so he could take Yu Darvish .........
Old 08-28-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I bet you are. I mean, Brodeur is really reaping the benefits of having last year's #1 so he could take Yu Darvish .........
I wonder who will be the #1 pick next year.... might not even be good to want to tank.
Closed Thread