Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't intend on doing this but why do you care about that? It's gamesmanship. It's fair strategy, imo. You're fooling yourself if you think people will have pride in fighting for 7th place. Draft position matters. You always talk about helping guys improve their team. Well, this is another means. This is commonly done in professional sports.
I don't care. I will replace people who do not participate in the league by continuing to set a lineup.

You really don't need to argue the point because, as you said, if you don't intend to tank, then it doesn't apply to you.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodie just can't draft well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final dagger in my injury-ridden season? Jose Bautista is done for the year. He's having wrist surgery.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch can't even keep him now since his power will be sapped.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ouch can't even keep him now since his power will be sapped.
Hahahaha, you wish.

75% of Jose Bautista's power numbers is still better than Jay Bruce.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Final dagger in my injury-ridden season? Jose Bautista is done for the year. He's having wrist surgery.
Don't worry Xio, we all consider you "the real" champion because if not for your injuries you clearly would've won.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You gonna let him taint your championship, GF? Them is fighting words.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

D-Unit has been irrelevant since I've been in the league. Let him yap and I'll take home the hardware.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha! Ha! Ha! So classic that Xio took my statement so literally.

Don't ever change Xio. Don't ever change. LMAO.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D-Unit has been irrelevant since I've been in the league. Let him yap and I'll take home the hardware.
Is it a rule for the league champion to have amnesia?
Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You lost by 19 points last year. That's not relevant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You lost by 19 points last year. That's not relevant.
The amnesia I'm talking about is you forgetting that you've never been relevant before.

In my 6 years being in this league, I'm satisfied with my 3 championships, 2 second place finishes... and a purposely tanked season. I guess this is the worst season I've had, but unlike Xio, I'm not blaming my injuries.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's my 3rd year. Takes time to build a championship contender.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's my 3rd year. Takes time to build a championship contender.
If I'm not mistaken there was a complete redraft in your first year. I know I didn't play in 2009 and I drafted my own team in 2010. Did you take over someone's bad team or something? Otherwise, there's no excuse for being in your words "irrelevant" in your first 2 years.

This league is so awesome. Just sayin'. :)

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-28-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Had to get used to the competition.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Had to get used to the competition.
You sure you're not a one and done like BF?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I have Mike Trout and a ton more so absolutely not. I'll be coming for your championship record.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm in second place and my team is much much better than yours. You can't talk trash to me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I have Mike Trout and a ton more so absolutely not. I'll be coming for your championship record.
I think Xio has 3 too.

I'm glad new people are emerging as champs though. Shows the competitiveness of this league.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm in second place and my team is much much better than yours. You can't talk trash to me.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am gonna win next year.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I am gonna win next year.
I would be happy for you. I would be happy for djp. I would be happy for PF.
I would be happy for KCJ.

The rest of you... you can win the Chumpionship.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be happy for you. I would be happy for djp. I would be happy for PF.
I would be happy for KCJ.

The rest of you... you can win the Chumpionship.
That hurt sir!