Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That hurt sir!
Why would it hurt if I said I would be happy for you if you won?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why would it hurt if I said I would be happy for you if you won?
It seemed at the end to say I couldn't win, and put me in the sentence of all the bad teams (no offense to those owners, but they are at the bottom of the standings.)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha! Ha! Ha! So classic that Xio took my statement so literally.

Don't ever change Xio. Don't ever change. LMAO.
Oh, that was sarcasm? I had no ******* idea. None whatsoever.

[This is sarcasm]
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The amnesia I'm talking about is you forgetting that you've never been relevant before.

In my 6 years being in this league, I'm satisfied with my 3 championships, 2 second place finishes... and a purposely tanked season. I guess this is the worst season I've had, but unlike Xio, I'm not blaming my injuries.
This current version of the league (this season and the two previous) have absolutely nothing to do with the 5 years prior to that when you won championships. Everything changed and we rebooted as a keeper league without points-based scoring. Ever since we switched to Roto, you haven't won. That's counting 3 years of this league and the 2 years of the Dynasty league you were Commish of that folded a few years back.

And I am not foolish enough to think my team would have won if not for injuries. I would not have won this year because I was deficient in starting pitching.

EDIT: If you're gonna cite a "purposely tanked" season as a real thing, then I'm laughing. You had a lousy team two years ago. Now who is making excuses?

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-28-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically Xio, BF, and hopefully me have Super Bowl victories while D has NFL Championships. Congrats D you're now the Philadelphia Eagles.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-29-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Basically Xio, BF, and hopefully have Super Bowl victories while D has NFL Championships. Congrats D you're now the Philadelphia Eagles.
This post is so full of LOL.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
This current version of the league (this season and the two previous) have absolutely nothing to do with the 5 years prior to that when you won championships. Everything changed and we rebooted as a keeper league without points-based scoring. Ever since we switched to Roto, you haven't won. That's counting 3 years of this league and the 2 years of the Dynasty league you were Commish of that folded a few years back.

And I am not foolish enough to think my team would have won if not for injuries. I would not have won this year because I was deficient in starting pitching.

EDIT: If you're gonna cite a "purposely tanked" season as a real thing, then I'm laughing. You had a lousy team two years ago. Now who is making excuses?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why was Xio's post deleted?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Why was Xio's post deleted?
What did it say?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
What did it say?
I have no idea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I have no idea.
You saw his post but you don't know what he said?

This sounds like a job for the Mystery Crew!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good morning. I'm bored. Can we talk more trash and piss off Xio some more?
Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Good morning. I'm bored. Can we talk more trash and piss off Xio some more?
It's funny how you think any of this pisses me off. Every argument you enter into ends with you walking away, tail between your legs, posting some dumb photo or making a joke because you have to divert attention from getting your ass handed to you.

We can talk trash, but I think GF pretty succinctly summed everything up two days ago.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's funny how you think any of this pisses me off. Every argument you enter into ends with you walking away, tail between your legs, posting some dumb photo or making a joke because you have to divert attention from getting your ass handed to you.

We can talk trash, but I think GF pretty succinctly summed everything up two days ago.
I'm sorry. I just don't have low self-esteem at all, so no matter what trash talk you wanna dish out, it never affects me at all. hah.

You only imagine that I get embarrassed, but my 3 championships and 2 2nd place finishes in 6 years flash a big "up yours" in your face. You can preach all you want about a "meaningless" first 4 years of this league and use the excuse that because it was point based that it's irrelevant, but those were your rules and your league and I owned you. You had to change the game because I dominated you so badly. You tried to change the point system every year and I still gave you the beat down.

What's hilarious is how you love to gloat about winning in BF's AL only league, when... Hey! Hey! It's a points league! Funny how people love to be hypocritcal when it serves them.

Oh and as for Roto... I'm pretty sure I finished ahead of you last year too. 2nd place is honorable imo.

...Oh sorry that my "tanking" the year prior had something to do with it. Has anyone ever made such a dramatic jump before? 2nd to last to 2nd overall? ...anyways, I see now you're trying to prevent people from doing it since it worked so well for me in the past. Like I said, I used fair strategy. I wasn't finishing near the top the year prior with those injuries I had, so I did what I had to do.

Your rule about not doing it has nothing to do with owners inactivity. I can understand early to midseason inactivity. No commish wants a league of inactive owners. But end of the year, post trade deadline? It may not be so much inactivity as much as strategic draft positioning. You want to dump inactive owners? Tell them they're gone at the trade deadline. Makes more sense than post season and holding guys back from the ability to jock for draft position.

Lastly, trash talk is fun... that's why I post pics, joke... or laugh and walk away. But now I see your interpretation of that is me being weak. Good grief. Lighten up. The temporary drama is always a good kick that I enjoy. But sometimes you lose sight of that and end up getting too mad and try to be hurtful. Your competitive spirit is great. We all know who is tough to beat and who isn't. You can try to demean me as a fantasy player, but I'm not an easy beat. I know that, so you can't ever bring me down even though you try to. If it's frustrating for you, sorry. Not happenin'. I like playing against you and most other players in this league because you're not an easy beats. That's all it boils down to for me.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I actually didn't say at least 50% of what you seem to think I did. It was GF, BF and others who challenged your narrative about how good you are. I only clarified the history of the league for those who weren't always a part of it.

I don't see anything in my posts above about putting down Points-based scoring leagues. Like you, I play to the settings of the league. Bringing up BF's AL Only league is a curious choice given our respective finishes over the years in that league:

2010: Xio 1st by huge margin, D-Unit 2nd
2011: Xio 1st by huge margin, D-Unit last place
2012: Xio currently 3rd, D-Unit currently 2nd (with no shot at 1st)

I don't see anything I've posted above trying to take away from the championships you won when this league was Points based many years back. You took offense to GF's comments, not mine. I think he's got a pretty valid point, however.

You and I have been apart of 5 roto scoring leagues together:

Your now-defunct Dynasty League
2008: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 2nd place, not close to winning
2009: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 4th place

This league:
2010: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 11th place (alleged tank or not, your team was never at any point in contention)
2011: Xio 3rd place, D-Unit 2nd place
2012: Xio 3rd place, D-Unit 4th place (current league)

Recap: Last eight leagues we've been in together, I've won 5 of them and finished no worse than third. You've won zero of them and have a last place and second-to-last finish among them (tank jobs or not).

I think that's a pretty definitive end to this debate that you insisted upon having.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Among those same eight leagues since 2008, GF has a 1st and 2nd place finish; BF has two 1st place finishes and a 2nd place.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, As for my simple request that people not stop setting their lineups and obviously tanking, you are the one and only person who finds it necessary to argue.

If you want to tank, you have my official permission. I'm sure that will really, really help your case when it comes to defending your track record of success the next time you want to compare. Just don't try to get us to respect your decision to phone it in.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'll admit I did poorly the first few years but it did take me a while to get used to roto and being with people who are actually into the league. I know how to run my team much better now than the first year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only clowns tank in fantasy. That's all I'll say on the matter.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Among those same eight leagues since 2008, GF has a 1st and 2nd place finish; BF has two 1st place finishes and a 2nd place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I actually didn't say at least 50% of what you seem to think I did. It was GF, BF and others who challenged your narrative about how good you are. I only clarified the history of the league for those who weren't always a part of it.

I don't see anything in my posts above about putting down Points-based scoring leagues. Like you, I play to the settings of the league. Bringing up BF's AL Only league is a curious choice given our respective finishes over the years in that league:

2010: Xio 1st by huge margin, D-Unit 2nd
2011: Xio 1st by huge margin, D-Unit last place
2012: Xio currently 3rd, D-Unit currently 2nd (with no shot at 1st)

I don't see anything I've posted above trying to take away from the championships you won when this league was Points based many years back. You took offense to GF's comments, not mine. I think he's got a pretty valid point, however.

You and I have been apart of 5 roto scoring leagues together:

Your now-defunct Dynasty League
2008: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 2nd place, not close to winning
2009: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 4th place

This league:
2010: Xio 1st place, D-Unit 11th place (alleged tank or not, your team was never at any point in contention)
2011: Xio 3rd place, D-Unit 2nd place
2012: Xio 3rd place, D-Unit 4th place (current league)

Recap: Last eight leagues we've been in together, I've won 5 of them and finished no worse than third. You've won zero of them and have a last place and second-to-last finish among them (tank jobs or not).

I think that's a pretty definitive end to this debate that you insisted upon having.
Your self righteous charm certainly makes you special Xio, I'll give you that. I love how you can go on to talk up some story as if I was gloating out of nowhere about my accomplishments yet at the same time provide the real gritty detail is so glowingly laid out to show your undoubting excellence. Here! Here! 3 cheers for Xio!!! . I did not start something. GF said I was irrelevant, so I came to my own defense. The whole idea that I started this debate and that I brought the talk about all these leagues is YOUR agenda! ...that YOU insisted on having. Not the other way around. Oh my gosh.

Of course YOU don't see where you spoke of talking down Points leagues. Must be nice to blind yourself from your own comments or think of yourself so self righteously. To most people comments like this would make it seem so:

Quote:
"This current version of the league (this season and the two previous) have absolutely nothing to do with the 5 years prior to that when you won championships."
So sue me for thinking that you were trying to play down any importance to the first 4 years of this league that were all points based. But I see that you are changing your stance now that you'd also like credit for Points leagues such as BF's. Glad you came around buddy. Recognizing ones own hypocrisy can have that effect. ;)

I admit that I'm learning about Roto. It hasn't been too bad for me, but I noticed it takes some luck too. If you're point is that I'm irrelevant, I'm pretty comfortable knowing that I provide good competition. Even when GF said he looked forward to breaking my championship record that was uncomfortable enough for me that I thought I needed to recognize you as having 3 championships.

So you see, you can't really upset me by demeaning my accomplishments. I only get upset when you act like I am one to brag. I never said I was the best, never tried to say that and never would. ...in any league in any sport... At least not to the point where it gets beyond joking. Even though I do think it's pretty hilarious that I won that ESPN Hockey league! Haahaha. Good day to you sir.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Only clowns tank in fantasy. That's all I'll say on the matter.
Then call me...

Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryce Harper taking off!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Bryce Harper taking off!
You think you'll be keeping Harvey?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You think you'll be keeping Harvey?
I hope he keeps Harvey and drops Harper.

...I mean he DID trade Heath Bell for Max Scherzer afterall...
Closed Thread